Lumps and Bumps

Go down

Lumps and Bumps Empty Lumps and Bumps

Post by jill wells Sat Jul 02 2011, 17:51

Noticed over the last week a number of small lumps appearing over Digby's back, they seem to be under his skin as I can't see them when I pull back the fur, I've defleed both him and the cat, and yesterday started giving him 4mg of piriton every 8 hours, It seems co-incidence that they started to appear just as he was allowed off his lead after cruciate surgery and began charging around in the grass again, He's not scratching, Just had a look at him now and the lumps have doubled in number, any body experienced anything similar? confused

My apologies, I should have looked first, BluestaffBlue posted a topic recently and the lumps look just the same, I'll persevere with the piriton and hopefully they'll disapear, These Staffys are such sensitive souls!!!!

Last edited by jill wells on Sat Jul 02 2011, 18:05; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)
jill wells
jill wells
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Digby
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Lumps and Bumps Empty Re: Lumps and Bumps

Post by Guest Sat Jul 02 2011, 18:41

Yes, I think they're probably an allergic reaction - there are so many this time of year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03 2011, 07:59

Woody is exactly the same although doesnt seem bothered by them. how long is is it safe to give him piriton for?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03 2011, 16:25

I think it's pretty safe to give long term, although if it isn't clearing things up you should go to a vet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down