+3
shakespearesdog
janey
drudge
7 posters

Go down

shocked how ppl are Empty shocked how ppl are

Post by drudge Sun Aug 14 2011, 09:48

having a nice day out yesterday at a local park ella was on a lead all day been really good. coming up to six oclock and there was only us left so i thought id let ella off for a run about she was off for about five minutes then she saw a woman and her child she ran over to them then it all went up in the air the mother comes screaming at us do you know that that dog is a staffordshire bullterrier when they bit they lock on. bearing in mind ella is only 17 weeks old. just cant belive how ppl can be so judgemental on a breed.
drudge
drudge
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : ella
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

shocked how ppl are Empty Re: shocked how ppl are

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14 2011, 09:54

Yep I can believe it people are so ignorant but you do have to get used to it as it will unfortunately happen again Sad

Oh and Ella has stolen my name Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14 2011, 10:34

I'm afraid I can believe it - as soon as some people see a bull breed they panic!

It's up to us, the responsible owners, to 'educate' these twerps!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Aug 14 2011, 11:08

What Caryll said Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14 2011, 11:28

Sorry again that everyone has to deal with this. Here people will usually go out of their way just to ask about Suki and she is an excellent dogbassador Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Sun Aug 14 2011, 14:24

I know it really is pathetic isn't it. But boxer dogs (another bull breed) are okay because they advertise pet food?!
Also can't believe how many people believe that there is such a thing as 'lock jaw.' Do they have no basic scientific understanding..at all!? How could a dog 'lock' its jaws? Its not a robot!

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14 2011, 14:30

Lol its just what they call it because of how strong they can clamp the jaws down and not release .. be long name if it was called "clamp jaw down and its really difficult to get them to release" lol.

such a shame, i am not surprised at what un-educated people come out with anymore! its pathetic!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14 2011, 14:36

From what i've read since joining the forum, I realise that here in Aus the Staffy has a lot better reputation / name for itself than in the UK.

I personally have not come across anybody who has mentioned anything bad about the breed or avoided me while out with Roxy in the time I have had her.

I wish EVERYBODY could share the pleasure of ENJOYING a trip out with their gorgeous dogs without people avoiding or saying negative things about them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14 2011, 14:50

In my city most people love Pit Bulls and everyone thinks Saxon is a Pit Bull so they tend to like him. There are people every once in a while that do things like this, but I try not to let it bug me. I know that Saxon is a great dog and that's all that matters!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14 2011, 15:03

amazing though isn't it.. the stupid woman scared of a 4 month old puppy for goodness sake!

like Lisa said.. here in Australia staffys are one of the most popular breeds and they even star in a few tv adds for different products!

The other day we had our 2 boys with us sitting down the foreshore of Mandurah, and we had people coming over all the time asking about the dogs and wanting to pat them. The photos here are of a lady who came over and said my daughter really wants to pat your dogs. Check out the age of the kid..she was about 6 years old... no fear of staffys there!! Everyone either had a staffy, knew of someone with a staffy.. or wanted a staffy! Laughing

shocked how ppl are Patting

Last edited by vanessa on Sun Aug 14 2011, 15:24; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Sun Aug 14 2011, 15:20

Yeh i've noticed whenever i'm on the tube or at Hyde park where there happens to be Oz tourists about they fawn over Romeo. I particually remember one really enthusiastic guy that stopped me by an ice cream van and was like 'what a lovely staffy-hes so shiny-do you feed him lots of fish?!' and was fussing over him for close to 10 mins. Big Grin
It tempts me to move to australia-but you guys have giant spiders!
-shudders- Surprised

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Aug 14 2011, 15:26

shakespearesdog wrote:Yeh i've noticed whenever i'm on the tube or at Hyde park where there happens to be Oz tourists about they fawn over Romeo.

Can you take dogs on the underground???
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14 2011, 15:28

the huntsman spiders we get over here are actually quite harmless!! I have a special jar and catch them and put them outside....The only ones I kill are red backs or white tail spiders.. now THEY are dangerous!!

I am always amazed how people can be scared of a spider when we are about 2000 times bigger than they are !! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14 2011, 15:28

Check out winston lapping it up! Haha .. We had twin lil" girls do the same to my two at sutton park Smile .. We have people who love them and people who don't, mixed people

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Sun Aug 14 2011, 15:29

Yup, Romeo loves going on the underground.
You can take them on the train and buses too. But i rarely get the bus as dogs have to go upstairs and Romeo's legs are too short for the steep bus stairs... Tongues
When we had the rotty my sister would take him out and about on the tube and literally as he stepped on the carriage would clear! Laughing

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14 2011, 15:30

oh yeah Kelly,.... Winston was loving all the attention, don't worry !! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Sun Aug 14 2011, 20:15

I love winston.Hes a beauty.I just love that photo of him with the little girl Hes lapping up the attension Laughing
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15 2011, 02:08

i love leah and lois wrote:I love winston.Hes a beauty.I just love that photo of him with the little girl Hes lapping up the attension Laughing

Yeah we don't have kids..well only our 4 legged fur babies Jethro and Winston, and they just go bonkers when there are kids around, they love them. Definitely a staffy thing for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15 2011, 02:09

vanessa wrote:
the huntsman spiders we get over here are actually quite harmless!! I have a special jar and catch them and put them outside....The only ones I kill are red backs or white tail spiders.. now THEY are dangerous!!

I am always amazed how people can be scared of a spider when we are about 2000 times bigger than they are !! Laughing

I do the same with huntsmans, they're easy to catch, but wolf spiders I have to be quick and step on them our house is always infested with them at certain times of the year. white tails make me wanna spew I hate them so much they really freak me out. any other spider i can deal with, red backs are dopey, but i still kill them.

Back to top Go down

Post by madeira264527 Mon Aug 15 2011, 02:42

Theres so much Ignorance towards staffys and staffy owners, People need to be re educated back from school! lol Its HOW the dogs brought up NOT the breed! Some people are so thick ! Ps me right off!
madeira264527
madeira264527
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Keisha
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15 2011, 14:48

russdogmum wrote:
vanessa wrote:

I do the same with huntsmans, they're easy to catch, but wolf spiders I have to be quick and step on them our house is always infested with them at certain times of the year. white tails make me wanna spew I hate them so much they really freak me out. any other spider i can deal with, red backs are dopey, but i still kill them.

Meg we have had some HUGE white tail spiders in our place. They always seem to appear on the bedroom wall..EEKK!!! We are in an old cottage, with gaps in the floor boards so allsorts of creepy crawlies get in, but yeah the white tails are bad news!! We don't get wolf spiders here...

Back to top Go down

Post by linzy Tue Aug 16 2011, 13:28

I've only had one snide comment about Violet (when V was in getting her vaccinations, from a woman who's fully grown dog didn't even sit on command, because Violet was wriggling to get on the ground to play with another staffy dog, after she'd sat perfectly still for 40 minutes in the waiting room).

At the park it's a nightmare - I can't walk 5 feet with Violet before someone stops to talk to her, and being the little sook that she is, she lies down, belly up, looking for more attention! I'd prefer if kids asked before they were lying on the ground kissing the dog though, the ones that do ask, I encourage to rub her tummy and stay away from her mouth, just incase.
linzy
linzy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Violet
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Tue Aug 16 2011, 13:41