any one had this problem with their bitch?

Go down

any one had this problem with their bitch? Empty any one had this problem with their bitch?

Post by stella Wed Aug 10 2011, 18:30

,hia guys was just wondering if any one has had this with their girl,we had sasha spayed last year after she had pyometra,it was a very worrying time and i would advise any owner that does'nt want to breed their girl to get her spayed,seeing sasha so ill and going through the op was the worst thing ever Crying or Very sad how ever im glad to say she was fine after a few weeks Big Grin any way a few times now she has wet her self,and does'nt even know she has done it Surprised ,its only the poor person she is sitting next to that knows it!i have read some where it could be due to her being spayed??
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

any one had this problem with their bitch? Empty Re: any one had this problem with their bitch?

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10 2011, 20:46

How old was she when she was spayed?
Has the incontinence been recent, or since she was spayed?

Back to top Go down

any one had this problem with their bitch? Empty Re: any one had this problem with their bitch?

Post by stella Wed Aug 10 2011, 21:24

hia sasha was 6 when she was spayed,and she did wet her self bout 3 weeks after her op,then nothing for months,now twice in a week
stella
stella

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10 2011, 22:53

It's possible that it's linked, but I would have thought in that case that it would have been more often.

It may well be that she has a bladder infection which is irritating her urethra, and so she can't hold it. Similar to cystitis in humans.

Have you spoken to the vet about it? If not, I'd sugest you do - he can probably give you a course of treatment which will no doubt help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down