Little help with dry food

2 posters

Go down

Little help with dry food Empty Little help with dry food

Post by Ayden-J Sat Aug 06 2011, 22:37

Just need a little help here guys.I've been looking at other posts on here about the best dry food and i'm still non the wiser.
Jett's been on wainwrights since he was 8 weeks old,but since I lost my job just before I got him (I've been paying for his food with left over money from my b-day and from family members) I've found it hard.He usually goes through 3 2kg bags a month I think and at nearly £8 I just can't afford it.I've actually started claiming JSA (job seekers allowance) so that'll get me £40-£50 a fortnight i hope. I just wanted to know which food is the best. I got supplied with a bag of Royal Canin from the vets but that seemed to give him really bad runs.I know it's not that good,maybe not that good atall so I might need to find a better one or just keep him on wainwrights,but I've switched him to Bakers puppy because it's a 3kg bag and it was 2 for £10 in pets at home.
Any advice??
Ayden-J
Ayden-J
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Little help with dry food Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Jett
Dog(s) Ages : 1 (and a bit)
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 6

https://www.facebook.com/killah.koby

Back to top Go down

Little help with dry food Empty Re: Little help with dry food

Post by shakespearesdog Sat Aug 06 2011, 23:00

Jobseekers is £50 a week not a fortnight Tongues
When i was on js allowence i bought Romeo his usual bag of James wellbeloved (same price as wainwrights) but i mixed it with a cheaper dry food to make it last longer. I used chappie dry food as it has less crap in it then the other cheapo dog foods. It doesn't have to be another dry food though it could be wet. I'm surprised at how much your dog eats my goodness. My boy only gets through a single 2kg a month. Bakers is really terrible, its like constantly feeding your dog mcdonalds.
At the end of the day though, as long as your boy is getting fed and hes not dropping condition he could be a lot worse off. I know how hard it is to buy anything on jsa, good luck finding a job!

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06 2011, 23:16

Bakers is a really bad dry food, but i know you said money is tight have you got a budget in mind so people could advice you better on that? For example i feed mine on a full raw diet and it works out about £2-£3 a week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayden-J Sat Aug 06 2011, 23:24

Thanks Jade,I got told it was every fortnight :/ probs got it wrong cos they're so useless there.

Ella,I don't really have a budget I just wanted dry food that was somewhere around the £6/£7 pound range.
Ayden-J
Ayden-J
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Little help with dry food Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Jett
Dog(s) Ages : 1 (and a bit)
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 6

https://www.facebook.com/killah.koby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06 2011, 23:27

Ok fair enough have you tried looking on line for wainwrights or JWB or foods in that range as it's normally quite alot cheaper then from p@h and the likes.

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Sun Aug 07 2011, 14:41

Pets at Home online have jwb, 2 bags for 12 quid atm. I would recommend popping to your local supermarket fairly late in the evening and having a look round the aisles for reduced mince meat, chicken wings etc, even a sausage every once in a while to suppliment his diet.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down