Does anyone top up their dogs food wih 'human food'

3 posters

Go down

Does anyone top up their dogs food wih 'human food' Empty Does anyone top up their dogs food wih 'human food'

Post by RoloCleoAndRuebensMummy Fri Sep 21 2012, 11:01

I know it's not recommended but I always do! I hate wasting food, so we have 2 scraps bins in the kithcen; one for the piggies (theyll eat anything!) and one for the dogs, cos we can't exacty give the pigs bacon! Plus we have 6 kids so a lot of food is cooked off!
So the hounds usually get some pork a few types a week plus the veggies we've had plus some rice if weve had a rice dish! I've hear pork was no good for dogs too, but ours love it and have never had an upset stomach because f it (touch wood!). What about you guys?
Xx

RoloCleoAndRuebensMummy
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Does anyone top up their dogs food wih 'human food' Empty Re: Does anyone top up their dogs food wih 'human food'

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21 2012, 11:03

I don't, but that's mainly because Dempsey puts on weight far too easily, and he's fed raw anyway!

I wouldn't give bacon myself because there's too much salt, but there's nothing wrong with pork.

Back to top Go down

Does anyone top up their dogs food wih 'human food' Empty Re: Does anyone top up their dogs food wih 'human food'

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21 2012, 11:05

We don't give her human food other than veggies for treats.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Sep 21 2012, 11:07

Rocky dosn't have table scraps either. To much crap in our food Laughing plus loads of salt, not good
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21 2012, 13:20

Depends if they are appropriate scraps then me and the OH just put our plates on the floor for them to finish Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by RoloCleoAndRuebensMummy Fri Sep 21 2012, 14:18

Haha Ella we used to do that too until the little uns started copying (but before they'd finished they're tea!). To be honest most the scraps go to the pigs, like all the potato, sauces, cereal and milk, bread, cabbage and foods that make smelly wind lol! But the pups get all the pig products (don't condone cannibalism on our farm!!) and most of the meat. They love it! And like yours, ours get the odd animal head / untasty animal bits.

RoloCleoAndRuebensMummy

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Sep 21 2012, 14:27

Moo usually gets whats left of mine, its generally only a vege stir fry Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21 2012, 18:12

RoloCleoAndRuebensMummy wrote:Haha Ella we used to do that too until the little uns started copying (but before they'd finished they're tea!). To be honest most the scraps go to the pigs, like all the potato, sauces, cereal and milk, bread, cabbage and foods that make smelly wind lol! But the pups get all the pig products (don't condone cannibalism on our farm!!) and most of the meat. They love it! And like yours, ours get the odd animal head / untasty animal bits.

tbh theres never much left it's normally abit of sauce, plus they won't eat veggies and will eat around them so they don't get much anyway Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21 2012, 18:49

Tilly used to get quite a few sunday dinners etc but we've knocked most of it on the head now as she was getting way too podgy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23 2012, 09:38

Other way round in my house. I eat mine then anything the dog has left Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down