Picking up a eight week old female in four weeks.

2 posters

Go down

Picking up a eight week old female in four weeks.  Empty Picking up a eight week old female in four weeks.

Post by ShazD1989 Wed Mar 15 2023, 20:20

I'm bringing a new pup home in four weeks, her  dad is an American staffy her mum a staffy cross collie. Both my older dogs were seven to eight months old when I brought them home so this be my first time with such a young puppy. Question is the owner is weaning the puppies onto raw is it safe to feed such a young puppy raw food or should I change her onto kibble. Picture of her her name is going to be xenaPicking up a eight week old female in four weeks.  20230310
Picking up a eight week old female in four weeks.  20230311
Picking up a eight week old female in four weeks.  20230310
Picking up a eight week old female in four weeks.  20230311

ShazD1989
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Picking up a eight week old female in four weeks.  Empty Re: Picking up a eight week old female in four weeks.

Post by Caryll2 Fri Mar 17 2023, 12:32

Awwww! She's a beauty!

My last boy (Bull Terrier) was weaned on to raw & stayed on it for quite a while (until he decided he didn't like it any more at about 18 months or so!).

As long as you give her a balanced raw diet she'll be fine. Just be extra careful with hygiene of course.
Caryll2
Caryll2
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Picking up a eight week old female in four weeks.  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Dempsey RIP & Badger RIP
Dog(s) Ages : RIP & RIP
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 113

Back to top Go down

Picking up a eight week old female in four weeks.  Empty Re: Picking up a eight week old female in four weeks.

Post by ShazD1989 Sat Mar 18 2023, 01:52

Caryll2 wrote:Awwww! She's a beauty!

My last boy (Bull Terrier) was weaned on to raw & stayed on it for quite a while (until he decided he didn't like it any more at about 18 months or so!).

As long as you give her a balanced raw diet she'll be fine. Just be extra careful with hygiene of course.

Thank you she's adorable. If I keep her on raw ill be going for a premade raw packaged food. I'm scared to attempt to do it myself in case I miss something and she doesn't get everything she needs. My only worry been she's the runt of the litter but she was the one I fell in love with even though i origionally went to see a male pup but she choice me to be honest she clambered on my leg and begged to be picked up then wouldn't leave my arms. She's very advanced at only four weeks old. She was the first to open her eyes, the first to eat and the steadiest on her feet. She wrestles with her brothers and sisters and is the most boisterous despite been half their size. I'm just worried thay because she's a runt there will be health issues down the line.

ShazD1989

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll2 Sat Mar 18 2023, 08:41

No, there shouldn't be health issues related to her size. I don't like the term 'runt'. Let's face it, one of the pups has to be the smallest & one has to be the biggest!

I take it no health tests were carried out re: hereditary health problems in all three breeds? That would be my only concern - you just don't know what the mix will throw up.

But if she's boisterous and happy, she will hopefully be fin.
Caryll2
Caryll2
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Picking up a eight week old female in four weeks.  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Dempsey RIP & Badger RIP
Dog(s) Ages : RIP & RIP
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down