Orijen/Acana Dog Food (USA)

3 posters

Go down

Orijen/Acana Dog Food (USA)  Empty Orijen/Acana Dog Food (USA)

Post by gillybrent Tue Mar 20 2018, 19:03

http://truthaboutpetfood.com/lawsuit-filed-against-champion-pet-food-acana-and-orijen/

gillybrent
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 456

Back to top Go down

Orijen/Acana Dog Food (USA)  Empty Re: Orijen/Acana Dog Food (USA)

Post by Paris1990 Tue Mar 20 2018, 19:28

Read this on instagram this morning.. so even one if the best kibble you just don’t know what’s in it. Fingers crossed hank likes being raw fed forever.
Paris1990
Paris1990
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Hank
Dog(s) Ages : 2 Year
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty staffy Tue Mar 20 2018, 21:25

Oh dear ... from an analytical point of view it’s manipulation of Mr and Mrs everyday who don’t have much chemical knowledge.
Rather like the avoidance of anything that contains a “paraben”, even if they don’t have a clue what parabens are Rolling Eyes

Just another scandal that will blow over.

Raw has good press for now but when you hear about beef ravioli containing horse meat and date labels being changed in slaughterhouse before shipping unfit meat to Romania ... and we’re talking human food here ! Who's to say that your raw dog food is what it’s supposed to be too ? It only takes one bad player or one misinterpretation to give a bad reputation that is then hard to shake.

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Orijen/Acana Dog Food (USA)  B110
Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by gillybrent Wed Mar 21 2018, 10:54

Nifty staffy wrote:Oh dear ... from an analytical point of view it’s manipulation of Mr and Mrs everyday who don’t have much chemical knowledge.
Rather like the avoidance of anything that contains a “paraben”, even if they don’t have a clue what parabens are Rolling Eyes

Just another scandal that will blow over.

Raw has good press for now but when you hear about beef ravioli containing horse meat and date labels being changed in slaughterhouse before shipping unfit meat to Romania ... and we’re talking human food here ! Who's to say that your raw dog food is what it’s supposed to be too ? It only takes one bad player or one misinterpretation to give a bad reputation that is then hard to shake.

Yes, I agree, and it isn't as bad as the press will have you believe.

The levels of heavy metals contained in the US food (NOT the UK) is within accepted & safe guidelines. But it's the people who have brought the case who need to be looked at. It's the Company that governs food like Purina! It's basically a marketing ploy to discredit a rival and increase their own sales!

Raw, providing it's frozen & from a reputable source will still be my number one choice!

gillybrent

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Paris1990 Wed Mar 21 2018, 11:27

well then if its coming from Purina that explains it, they don't have a leg to stand on, all their food is god awful.

The raw we get is from the UK and they produce all their own meats so I know for sure what we are getting.
Paris1990
Paris1990

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Hank
Dog(s) Ages : 2 Year
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty staffy Wed Mar 21 2018, 20:36

Ok, I hear what you're saying wrt raw but I believe that we have to keep an open mind too.
Unfortunately being a certain nationality can be an indicator of being a better quality but is not a systematic guarantee of quality.
Remember the BSE problems in the UK in the 90’s ?
What about the german quality VW cars and their real engine performances ...

(Scientific) evolution means that today, we have more general knowledge of everything around us but it also means that we have to be very careful of the interpretation.
Users with “more experience in life” might remember the x-ray machines used to measure childrens’ feet for Clark’s school shoes. Have you seen the lead aprons that must be worn, today, anywhere close to an x-ray machine ?!

The point to my post is that the media cannot be trusted, they like to manipulate the subject to express/influence their version or point of view.
I believe that risks need to be measured and we must do our research in order to find the best compromise for the choices we make.
Perfection just doesn’t exist so you need to go with what suits your situation the best.
And yes, I will continue to feed kibble containing heavy metals (primarily from the fish content) because that’s what suits my situation the best.

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Orijen/Acana Dog Food (USA)  B110
Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by gillybrent Thu Mar 22 2018, 09:01

I must admit, I'm 62 & my feet were never x-rayed for shoe fitting! They used a wooden block with measurements down one side for length & a tape measure for width. To the best of my knowledge, certainly in the UK, childrens' feet were never x-rayed for shoes.

As to raw v kibble, of course everyone must do what they feel is right for their dog & their own situation. Raw doesn't suit every dog or owner, the same way that kibble doesn't suit every dog or owner. And in both, you have to be very careful with the ingredients and the quality.

gillybrent

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down