Orijen

5 posters

Go down

Orijen Empty Orijen

Post by Lynn&Pete Fri May 08 2015, 10:33

We're in the process of changing Theia on to Orijen from James Welbeloved. It's a bit more expensive but she'll be fed less of it, so it'll balance out a little.
Going by the guide on the bag she'll be on 230g per day but it looks such a tiny amount. Does anyone else feed Orijen and how close are you to the guide?
Pete
Lynn&Pete
Lynn&Pete
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Boson
Dog(s) Ages : May 2017
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 262

Back to top Go down

Orijen Empty Re: Orijen

Post by JStaff Fri May 08 2015, 12:48

Never used it before but I do hear good things about it. I'd try starting with the guideline and then adjust based on looks. We feed Suki less in the summer since she does not use as much energy
JStaff
JStaff
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Suki
Dog(s) Ages : 5
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 859

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia05 Fri May 08 2015, 12:56

Im sure theia will love her new food

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Orijen B310
Mia05
Mia05
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 2005-2016 rip mia
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1317

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenny k Wed Apr 06 2016, 12:01

We have had Arthur on Orijen for about a month.Seems to be doing well.At the moment he is on puppy food and we have been mixing it with his Pro-plan to get his stomach used to it,but now it's mostly Orijen.We only give him 150gram a day,which was what Pro-Plan recommended.He also has sardines in oil twice a week and anything else he can persuade us to give him,usually carrot or broccoli.He is a very healthy looking boy with a shiny coat and lovely muscles.
We changed his food as it got top marks on the web-site that tests food,can't remember what it's called.

Jenny k
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by goldie87 Tue Apr 12 2016, 16:12

Zeus was on Orijen a few years back, you feed lesser than normal as it's got a very high protein/meat content.

It's a really good food in terms of ingredients but unfortunately because of Zeus's Colitis, Orijen was too rich for him, gave him constant diarrhea etc.
goldie87
goldie87

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Zeus
Dog(s) Ages : 9
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 19 2017, 14:42

I know this thread is a little old, but I thought it might be a good place to ask for opinions about Orijen.

My father recently gave us some Orijen kibble that he had been feeding his Parson Jack Russell and Bailey clearly likes them. She is 10 now and has generally eaten James Wellbeloved mixed with some chicken or other cooked meat. I've known about Orijen for some time, but was always reluctant to take the plunge, due to the high costs.

I just wondered what sort of quantities you are feeding them and if it needs to be supplemented with other foods to avoid boredom? Clearly the meat content is higher than other foods and there is no filling like rice or potato, which occurs with the cheaper foods.

It's only been a few days, however I have noticed that her coat is softer and she has been a bit calmer out on walks, which is rather welcome. I've heard about another food called Eden, but their website is down at the moment with technical problems.

She is still active at 10 years of age, though clearly not to the same crazy degree as a 2 year old. Her appetite has never wavered though and she has a cast iron stomach, so switching foods never seems to cause any upset. She is naturally big at 21 kilos.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down