Kennels

3 posters

Go down

Kennels Empty Kennels

Post by lexii Fri Feb 09 2018, 02:01

My mum n dad are away so im minding the house/Billy but i work 24hr shifts. Ive been lucky that i had some annual leave to take but there will be three shifts i have to work. One of the shifts on saturday will be okay cause we don't do too much so ive already asked my boss will it be okay for me to nip out to him several times to let him out for a pee and food and snuggles etc, but on the monday/thursday i will be very busy with no chance and its simply too cold to leave him to go into the sheds/kennel or whatever so ive booked into boarding kennels just for the day/night.

Its the kennels that we rescued him from so he knows it, and they're good family friends (and my old employer too) so i 100% trust them and know its a fabulous place but ive never been on the other side and been the one putting dogs in! Its a bizarre thing, i feel so guilty but also so glad that i know what its like. I just hope the poor boy doesn't think hes being abandoned again. Crying or Very sad

Ive been making a list of what he will need..ill be feeding him before and he will just need his dinner/morning feed but i wonder if i should take his rug or will it be ruined (its like a big fluffy throw thing lol) and does he need his own bed pillow...and do i need to put a collar on him with his tag (i generally dont have one as his harness has his tags on) Will he be warm enough (the main reason im taking him!) or will he need his coat...

Eek. So strange being on the other side of this for once.
lexii
lexii
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : No dogs now :(
Support total : 69

Back to top Go down

Kennels Empty Re: Kennels

Post by gillybrent Fri Feb 09 2018, 09:04

I'd take everything just to be on the safe side! Will they be exercising him? If so, a collar & tag are probably a good idea in case he panics & runs off!

He'll probably pine a bit, but it's only for a short time.

Shame you can't take him to work!

gillybrent

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 456

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty staffy Fri Feb 09 2018, 11:55

I’d take everything too. Any extras can stay in the car.
You’ve been so careful in the choice of where he goes, I’m sure he’ll be fine

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Kennels B110
Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by lexii Sat Feb 17 2018, 02:54

Well on the monday he went in and i took his blanket and bowl of kibble (skinny kibble cause boy FAT) but also a can. Tues morning they said he didnt eat any kibble but ate the can and looved the plush purple blanket they gave him. Still a bit funny through the day and didnt eat much kibble but ate his half can (which the weight of kible a day factored in the cans also...im so mathemetatical me) so basically he ate the nice but was not feeling up to the other, which is odd.

Wed he was a bit more normal. Thurs i did the same but he had to be stopped coming back out of the kennel door. This morning we got home and we didnt get to spend much time here as i had a busy day but he came with me cause i didnt want to leave him alone so he got out and about and a few walks etc. This evening he was perky and ate all his kibble and was just a general happy chap.

I genuinely believe he thought that first day that he was being left again like before. He was def not as happy being left the second time but recovered faster when he knew he was getting back out..

SO all in all, dont think i can ever leave him in kennels again cause im a soft * and dont want him to feel sad ever, but at the same time i know this kennel and know they care for the dogs (and cats) so so well so if and when i need em they are there. They too are just so happy he got a home with my family...hes got a big yard he can roam, lies in front of the fire and human love 24/7. Just like he should have.

(For those who dont know his history, he was a beloved well traiend house dog for maybe 6/7 years in holland/england/ireland moving with his mum&dad then shock horror they had a baby and dog was put outside, for what reason we dont know. a few months later they put him in board, cause they were moving again - after that i cant say. All i know is they phoned to say "send him to the pound or put him down our house block doesnt allow dogs" so kennel never got paid for anything..he was just left.

Breaks my heart...cause he really is just the most respectful and easy dog ever. He is house trained, he is leash trained, he is patient, He knows all the "tricks" so clearly has been taught them with love as he gets so excited to show them off. He is the type of dog everyone would say how could anyone ever let him go he is perfect..he was loved...its clear...but then something else came and was loved more....but there you go. By the way he has been great around young kids we have come visit etc.

Now he is ours. And we love him. And he loves the fire again.

I just really wish i could talk to his old owner....find out how they can give up a dog like this. He is like the golden ticket...and they just left him.
lexii
lexii

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : No dogs now :(
Support total : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty staffy Sat Feb 17 2018, 10:23

What a reassuring report that all finally went well (given his history, of course).

I think his story demonstrates how odd and irrational humans can be. I just hope his former owners are happy without such an exceptional being in their home to bring out the best of any day.
In some ways, you can thank them that you can now have him liven up yours Big Grin

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Kennels B110
Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down