hello from me and Smudge (when i manage to post a photo!!)

+5
HankStaff
Jannerstaff
Jnestie84
Nifty staffy
Aljc434
9 posters

Go down

hello from me and Smudge (when i manage to post a photo!!) Empty hello from me and Smudge (when i manage to post a photo!!)

Post by Aljc434 Sun Sep 17 2017, 19:55

Hello all!

I have had the absolute joy of a staffy boy, 2 years old with me for 2 weeks, Ive just today signed to adopt him. He started off life being physically abused and tormented, kept in a crate 24/7 by his first 'family' and I was warned he would be a challenge.

He has however been great, he was with a staffy charity member before me for 5 weeks and he has clearly worked hard with him, he walks well, is a little jumpy at times but ambivalent really towards other dogs on walks. He eats well, doesn't beg for food and after a few mishaps, his toilet habits are in check and ok.

I am throughly enjoying having him! He's a little clingy but he has steadily been coming out of his shell and being more confident and independent. The only challenge will be when i go back to work tuesday! I have a lunchtime dog walker arranged so hopefully..... all will be well!

Anyways, I've rambled on - just want to say how brilliant this facility is, you guys are a massive help!!
Aljc434
Aljc434
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : smudge
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

hello from me and Smudge (when i manage to post a photo!!) Empty Re: hello from me and Smudge (when i manage to post a photo!!)

Post by Guest Sun Sep 17 2017, 20:10

Hi & welcome to the forum wave

Welcome to the Staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you've decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your Staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household.

We have several information sheets for those of you looking for help with specific issues. You will find them here:

hello from me and Smudge (when i manage to post a photo!!) Animated-arrow-image-0192 Training and behaviour information

hello from me and Smudge (when i manage to post a photo!!) Animated-arrow-image-0192 Puppy information

If you can't find an answer to your question, just ask! You'll probably find someone on here has come across your problem too.

This forum is run by the members for the benefit of the users. It's your forum - get involved.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

hello from me and Smudge (when i manage to post a photo!!) Animated-arrow-image-0192 Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
hello from me and Smudge (when i manage to post a photo!!) Animated-arrow-image-0192 Here are a List of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
hello from me and Smudge (when i manage to post a photo!!) Animated-arrow-image-0192 You can ask for Help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
hello from me and Smudge (when i manage to post a photo!!) Animated-arrow-image-0192 How to update your Profile information
hello from me and Smudge (when i manage to post a photo!!) Animated-arrow-image-0192 See who the Admin, Moderators & Support staff are Here

Back to top Go down

hello from me and Smudge (when i manage to post a photo!!) Empty Re: hello from me and Smudge (when i manage to post a photo!!)

Post by Guest Sun Sep 17 2017, 20:14

Hi and welcome from me and min wave

Good on you for offering a home to Smudge, it sounds like he's due some good luck and a heap of tlc. It constantly astonishes me that people go and get a dog that they don't intent to care for. I guess it's what people do now, I want so I get, and then realise what I got later. Grrr...

It sounds like you've got good backup from your rescue organisation but if you do have any questions, just ask. We're always pleased to be able to help, or at least try.

Looking forwards to seeing more of Smudge (do you need help posting photos or are you just having to wait?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Aljc434 Sun Sep 17 2017, 20:19

Hi!

I'll work it out with the pics! Ive got loads just need to organise a few.

Thanks for the support! I know, it makes me want to weep to think about what some dogs have gone through, its awful - but, the wee guy seems to be doing well, a little clingy but he's getting there!
Aljc434
Aljc434

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty staffy Sun Sep 17 2017, 20:27

Hello and welcome from us.

Good on you for offering Smudge a real family life and lots of love.
Nice avatar !

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

hello from me and Smudge (when i manage to post a photo!!) B110
Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Aljc434 Sun Sep 17 2017, 20:28

Thanks! That avatar pic was after an hour playing with the ball in the garden - he had a rare old time Smile
Aljc434
Aljc434

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty staffy Sun Sep 17 2017, 20:29

Probably trying to catch up for lost time too, bless

Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Aljc434 Sun Sep 17 2017, 20:31

Yeah, he likes his toys - has chewed almost every single one to bits.... still, nothing else only toys which I guess I should be very thankful for Smile
Aljc434
Aljc434

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jnestie84 Sun Sep 17 2017, 20:54

Hi there welcome to the forum. Smudge looks really happy now Big Grin

hello from me and Smudge (when i manage to post a photo!!) B310

Jnestie84
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Support total : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by Jannerstaff Sun Sep 17 2017, 23:27

Hi from Cornwall and me and George.

I too have just signed to take on George as a rescue staffy and 2 years old also, I have had staffies for many years and would not have any other ! This is the first time i have had a rescue dog and the feeling of providing a loving home to him is overwhelming yet so satisfying too. George to is very clingy and very attentive and caring and is a lovely dog and just goes to prove what a loyal best friend they really are , even after they have been mistreated by some delinquent !! Anyway. Welcome, I'm new here to. Jon
Jannerstaff
Jannerstaff

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : George
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by HankStaff Mon Sep 18 2017, 01:19

Hi from me and Hank!

Smudge looks so happy in his photo. Glad he now has a loving new home
HankStaff
HankStaff
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistys Mum Mon Sep 18 2017, 06:25

Hello and welcome from Misty and me. It's SO lovely to hear of dogs getting their forever homes. Smudge looks stunning, I love that smile. It sounds like he has landed on all four paws with you. Can't wait to hear updates.

Mistys Mum
Mistys Mum

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Misty
Dog(s) Ages : 16 months
Support total : 523

Back to top Go down

Post by Aljc434 Mon Sep 18 2017, 06:28

Hi, thanks for all the lovely messages! One thing that I'm having trouble with although its not the end of the world, is at night he is determined to get in bed with me, time n time again he's told 'OFF' and goes to his own little bed but last night he jumped up without me feeling it, i woke up with grunting next to my face on the pillow..... Smile
Aljc434
Aljc434

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 18 2017, 07:57

Only one thing I can advise for that... give in! Laughing Chaos's not so little face is the first thing I see in the morning (ok, not true, it's usually his bum) and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aljc434 Mon Sep 18 2017, 08:07

Aw!! Haha!
Aljc434
Aljc434

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistys Mum Mon Sep 18 2017, 11:32

We have a superking bed. Misty has a huge dog bed and a sofa to sleep on..... She sleeps in our bed and the bed just isn't big enough as she does love to stretch. Could I imagine her not being in our bed now? Of course not!

Mistys Mum
Mistys Mum

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Misty
Dog(s) Ages : 16 months
Support total : 523

Back to top Go down

Post by Aljc434 Mon Sep 18 2017, 15:17

It is quite comforting to have a warm fuzzy lump lying on the bed, making happy noises!
Aljc434
Aljc434

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 18 2017, 15:55

On the bed? Who said anything about ON the bed? IN the bed! Both Chaos and Millie are like bulldozers when they want to get under the duvet, either with your help or without, thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by -Ian- Mon Sep 18 2017, 18:32

Hi & Welcome to the Forum from Flo and me Big Grin

Well done on the rescue, sounds like Smudge has really fallen on all 4 paws with you thumbs up

-Ian-
-Ian-

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

Post by Aljc434 Mon Sep 18 2017, 18:45

aw thanks! Smile
Aljc434
Aljc434

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenc Mon Sep 18 2017, 20:54

Aww Smudge has really landed on his paws with you, you have already given in to sharing his bed with you Love Struck He already has you trained, like the rest of us Laughing

Jenc
Jenc

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Aljc434 Mon Sep 18 2017, 21:06

I know, they're not daft are they? He's a wee cutie though, as are all staffies in my opinion!
Aljc434
Aljc434

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 19 2017, 07:57

Well? Where did Smudge sleep last night???

Back to top Go down

Post by kelayne Tue Sep 19 2017, 09:38

haha im so glad someone brought up sleeping arrangements, and im even more pleased to hear im not the only one who has 4 in a bed Laughing
i work nights and they wait for me after their breakfast , i try and sneak off but i never get to the top of the stairs without them both!
its weird but i dont sleep well without them, they are better than any extra blanket or hot water bottle, although they dont go in the bed just on it Smile
hello from me and Smudge (when i manage to post a photo!!) Img_0710
kelayne
kelayne
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Nancy and Buddy
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and 8
Dog Gender(s) : girl and boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aljc434 Tue Sep 19 2017, 18:46

Well..... I have a smart calculating observant little fella. Jumped up several times, was told to get 'OFF' the bed and did so but clearly sat watching me, ready for just the right level of sleepiness so that he could slink on the bed, which he did, as i woke to find a little curled up piggy next to me! Oh well. I do feel so happy with him today though, it was his first day with me at work, dog walker came, said he was a wee star and I came in to no dramas and a happy little pal! 
I'm so glad I have had this chance, he's a great wee dog!
Aljc434
Aljc434

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aljc434 Tue Sep 19 2017, 18:48

Kelly, your dogs are lovely, what a lovely coffee colour!
Aljc434
Aljc434

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by -Ian- Tue Sep 19 2017, 19:43

Sounds like he's settling in just fine Al thumbs up

-Ian-
-Ian-

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

Post by Aljc434 Tue Sep 19 2017, 19:49

Yep! Cheers for the support, I need it! I was wondering all day how he was getting on - shame we have to work Sad
Aljc434
Aljc434

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kelayne Wed Sep 20 2017, 10:30

Aljc434 wrote:Yep! Cheers for the support, I need it! I was wondering all day how he was getting on - shame we have to work Sad

if only we could take them to work...what fun could be had I dont want to s
kelayne
kelayne

Status Status :

Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Nancy and Buddy
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and 8
Dog Gender(s) : girl and boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down