anyone that uses a cage??

3 posters

Go down

anyone that uses a cage?? Empty anyone that uses a cage??

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07 2011, 16:09

What size do you use??

I have a 48" one but its erm finished its life with the help of Zero ripping the bars off angry and ideally i'd like a smaller one as mines bigger than the dinning table. But it needs to be ok for adult size staffie not just lil man as Mazda has to be caged during thunder or fireworks or she'd cause herself injury

Back to top Go down

anyone that uses a cage?? Empty Re: anyone that uses a cage??

Post by janey Thu Jul 07 2011, 16:39

Poor Mazda! I haven't used one before so I'm know help Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07 2011, 16:50

is use the 36 inch cage which is still quite a big cage, so has plenty of room for harv

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly Pocket Thu Jul 07 2011, 16:55

Pollys cage is 30 x 18 x 22 inches I doubt it would fit 2 Staffies but it will be ok for Polly when she is older if we need to put her into it for any reason, she has given up sleeping in it as she now sleeps in our room with the other dogs on cushion type beds.
Polly Pocket
Polly Pocket
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Polly, Charlie
Dog(s) Ages : 30/1/11 & 15/2/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female & Male
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07 2011, 18:45

Polly Pocket wrote:Pollys cage is 30 x 18 x 22 inches I doubt it would fit 2 Staffies but it will be ok for Polly when she is older if we need to put her into it for any reason, she has given up sleeping in it as she now sleeps in our room with the other dogs on cushion type beds.

Hi Tina, they wouldnt go in it together (my useless wording Laughing ) I was looking at the 30" but a few people said 36" for a adult staffie so I thought i'd ask everyone first. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly Pocket Thu Jul 07 2011, 18:54

I can lend it to you to try for size if you want? I can get it in the back of my little car with the seats down Smile
We live near to the QE hosp if you are in the area Big Grin
Polly Pocket
Polly Pocket

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07 2011, 19:04

Thank u sooo much for the offer Tina thats really kind of u but me mums popping one round to test on way home from work in a bit (shes a vet so got everything lol). I nearly moved near the QE fairstead, im the other side of Lynn, St Clements/Clenchwarton. x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07 2011, 21:47

The size depends on how long the dog will be in it!

If it's just for sleeping, or the odd spell when you're out or, as you say, when there are fireworks, it doesn't have to be huge - just big enough for the adult dog to be able to stand, turn around & lie down comfortably.

In fact, to combat a fear a slightly smaller, and therefore 'snugger' crate may be a better idea than a huge one. It's also helpful if you drape an old curtain or blanket over three sides so that the dog feels secure in its own 'den'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly Pocket Thu Jul 07 2011, 21:55

We are kind of between Gayton and Ashwicken, I love being in the country but only a few miles from town.
Hope you find a good Cage for Mazda. I got Polly's from Swaffham, a company called Doghealth, they also sell on ebay a little cheaper than the shop prices, I bought ours through ebay but then collected it from the showroom. They do all sizes and the prices aren't bad compared to a lot of places.
Polly Pocket
Polly Pocket

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by linzy Thu Jul 07 2011, 23:13

We got Violet a 36" crate and it is enormous. Come christmas time we could probably just put a cover on it and use it as a dining table.
linzy
linzy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Violet
Dog Gender(s) : female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08 2011, 01:06

linzy wrote:We got Violet a 36" crate and it is enormous. Come christmas time we could probably just put a cover on it and use it as a dining table.

good utilization Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08 2011, 09:39

Caryll wrote:The size depends on how long the dog will be in it!

If it's just for sleeping, or the odd spell when you're out or, as you say, when there are fireworks, it doesn't have to be huge - just big enough for the adult dog to be able to stand, turn around & lie down comfortably.

In fact, to combat a fear a slightly smaller, and therefore 'snugger' crate may be a better idea than a huge one. It's also helpful if you drape an old curtain or blanket over three sides so that the dog feels secure in its own 'den'.

As u know Zero's destructive so has to be caged when I go out, which is never more than a few hours cos if I can take him I do. with Mazda I think u could have a point with the "smaller" thing, I did have another cage (which I lent to my ex's mum who now wont give it back angry ) but Maz was quite happy in that with a throw over it during fireworks/thunder etc but in the 48" (honestly bigger than my dining table) she, even covered, dont settle. So a 30" I think it will be. I will prob have both set up during firework time as all kids mine wanna c displays so they both need caging then Rolling Eyes

Tina - yeh its nice where u are, its quiet here but I need a bigger place 11yr & 2yr olds in one room well at wits end lol. Gonna look on ebay now Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly Pocket Sat Jul 09 2011, 09:11

Hope you managed to find Mazda a nice new den. Polly loves hers as a place to hide after she has annoyed out other 2 dogs and she sits in it and gives me sad eyes when I am cooking, just in case I take pity on her and feed her something nice Laughing

Are you off to Peterborough or Gedney today? If you are going to Gedney let me know and will drive over with polly to say Hi
Polly Pocket
Polly Pocket

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09 2011, 11:15

Hi Tina, So sorry was ment to message you last night but got in quite late and was half asleep Rolling Eyes I cant go to either shows Sad my mums ended up on emergancy work (vet so she cant say no) I dont drive....yet (next years mission lol) but I know theres a few show type things in the next couple of months all local-ish so if I can get over to one I will 100% give you a shout, Really want Zero to meet Polly and experience a staffie that dont attack him Laughing Poor boy keeps getting popped at by local loose staffords but he just wets himself.

Maz does the "feed me im starving" look when im cooking too, Zero is the wierdo dog that turns his nose up to bacon, burgers and chicken Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly Pocket Sat Jul 09 2011, 11:38

No worries, a baking day for me then, OH wants some bread and cakes Rolling Eyes
Polly hasn't ever met another Staffie to play with, we are quite remote and not many people out and about where we walk. She is a very dog friendly little girl though, we know lots of people with dogs and luckily she has never been attacked to make her aggressive.
Hope your mum gets some time off today, it's a bit worrying at the moment after on the news last night about the rise in adder bites to dogs in East Anglia. Polly did bring me a snake skin a few days ago when we were out on the fen walking, it was big but I don't know if it was a grass snake or adder Surprised
Polly Pocket
Polly Pocket

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down