Camping

3 posters

Go down

Camping Empty Camping

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04 2011, 11:19

It was our 1 year wedding anniversary on sat so we packed the kids off 2 nannys and took the dogs camping! (that sounds really bad doesnt it....poor kids lol). Hubby loves sea fishing so we camped on the beach so we could catch some mackrel. It was absolutley brilliant! To start with we had the dogs on long lines attached to a bag of stones but that was more hasstle than it was worth lol so just let them off lead. Ty spent the whole time relaxing with me reading my mag and kaos helped dad fish it was soooooo relaxing. At about 5pm a couple came and starting fishing next to us with a 7 month old female pure white bull terrier who was gorgeous and all 3 of them played about for ages then finally colapsed together in heap and slept for hours! Too top it all off hubby caught 25 fish at 4am in the morning! x

Back to top Go down

Camping Empty Re: Camping

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04 2011, 11:20

oh and forgot to add we bought these snap glow sticks in the 99p shop before we went and attatched them to the dogs harnesses which was ace coz we could see them even in the dark! x

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Jul 04 2011, 11:24

Not jelous at all! Sounds like a great way to spend your 1st anniversery! Congratulations on that btw!! Never been camping, always wanted too, any pics of th weekend??? Do like the way the kids are packed off but the dogs went Laughing
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Mon Jul 04 2011, 11:26

Awww I was laughing when you said you packed the kids of to nannys Laughing
But sometimes you just need some adult time so glad you had a great time.
Bet the kids had a great time at nannys anyway, I no my 2 grankids come to stay with me at weekends (come to think of it a lot) and they have a ball they dont want to go home when they come but Im knackered when they leave Big Grin
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04 2011, 11:28

Happy anniversary. Glad you seem to have a good time. I'm a bit jealous as I love to camp but am holding off until Suki is old enough to carry her on pack and there aren't alot of camping spots here. Would love to see some pics if you have any.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04 2011, 11:36

i have got a couple of pics they are a bit rubbish but ill post them anyway (my camera died). Ill sort it out later......
I no i felt a bit guilty about taking the dogs and not the kids but we will take them next time and yes gem they had a great time and didnt wanna come home anyway lol x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04 2011, 11:53

Sounds perfect.....time together with your Hubby ( happy Anniversary by the way ) and the doggies Wink Being together, but doing what you both enjoy....hubby fishing ( my hubby's a mad keen fisherman too ) and you relaxing with a magazine etc......
Glad the dogs had a great time too and made a new friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04 2011, 13:08

Packing the kids off and taking the dogs................... yep i'd do the same!! Laughing
Sometimes dogs need ne on one not just kids Wink
I've always wanted to go camping but never got round to it. and congrats btw

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise C Mon Jul 04 2011, 16:29

Congrat on your anniversary. I'm also looking at taking Lola camping, how did they sleep in the tent? My friend thinks Lola will claw the tent to pieces, which I obvioulsy disagreed with.
Louise C
Louise C

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04 2011, 19:35

Congrats Carly, sound like you had a great time Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05 2011, 08:20

lackeman wrote:Congrat on your anniversary. I'm also looking at taking Lola camping, how did they sleep in the tent? My friend thinks Lola will claw the tent to pieces, which I obvioulsy disagreed with.

We were gonna let then sleep in the tent with us but kaos is still quite destuctive not really a chewer more a shredder of anything he can get hold of lol plus he has never slept anywhere but his crate. We have a small crate which we use for kaos in the car so we brought that down on to the beach and put it in the porch of the tent and they both slept in there, bit of a squeeze but it was only 4 one night and i think they appreaciated the body heat lol x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05 2011, 08:28

glad you had a fab time carly and congrats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down