Play/fighting

2 posters

Go down

Play/fighting Empty Play/fighting

Post by Amipopzzz Wed Jun 29 2011, 14:24

Having never had 2 dogs before, I like to start a dialogue going about how other peoples dogs play fight/ play together? So I can compare with how Henry and Missy act together. Thanks Guys =D xx
Amipopzzz
Amipopzzz
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Play/fighting Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Missy
Dog(s) Ages : approx 13/14
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Play/fighting Empty Re: Play/fighting

Post by Nosipho Wed Jun 29 2011, 15:51

If Skibadee wants Tali to play with her she will go up to her with a ball/toy/plastic bottle/bit of paper and growl in her face whilst trying to shove whatever item she has in Tali's mouth. If Tali ignores her she pulls her whiskers with her front teeth until Tali gets really wound up and starts to chase her. Then it is a variety of lots of noise, hitting and pushing one another in the face with a free paw, nibbling one anothers ears and muzzles.

If Tali wants to play she just sits or climbs on Skibadee til she gets wound up to the point of anger then she springs round her, bum in the air yapping and showing her little toothy pegs. They really are fruitcake, me and my OH get some serious entertainment from them!
Nosipho
Nosipho
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29 2011, 15:57

Vinnie gets skye to play by
*Bowing with bum in the air wagging his tail
*nibbling at he ears and feet (we try and stop him biting her feet tho)
*Nudging
*running infront of her and putting a toy in her face lol
*running at her then away
*mouthing

Skye gets vinnie to play by
*barking at him
*mouthing
*nibbles his cheeks/ears
*Climbs on him

It takes some getting used to seeing them play fight lol trust me i was always on here when i first got mine like IS THIS OK!! haha .. i just make sure to keep a close eye on them when they are doing this because when they get overly excited i tend to stop em' because thats when they can hurt each other especially because vinnie is alot stronger than skye .. Skye is very vocal when playing aswell like she'll bark/growl/grunt etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29 2011, 15:59

Mine play hard with lots of noise (which drives me insane lol). Lots of pulling eachother about and rolling eachother and chasing. I can tell the second the play gets a bit more serious though and then separate them for half an hour for some cooling off time. To be honest as long as they are walked in the morning and afternoon the play fighting is almost non existant but im sure u are all the same as me and somtimes 2 walks a day doesnt happen but for my own sanity i try lol x

Back to top Go down

Post by Amipopzzz Wed Jun 29 2011, 17:58

Thanks for this guy, Henry wants to play A LOT Missy is smaller than him and not as meaty, so he knocks her around a lot he pushes her with his head and nips her skin on her body, Ive noticed he doesn't bite her face or ears, when he eventually gets a rise from her, she goes for his face and ears and it drives him mad, but she always seems to get the better hand in a way and ends up on top of him, it is a pleasure to watch them play. my concern is about henry nipping her, once he grabbed her by the scruff of he neck and dragged her down the hallway(its wood floor and shes not too heavy) but it just seemed a bit like he was bulling her she's got a mark on her neck, a bit like a love bite.

ive got a vid of them playing but havent a clue how to upload =(

Thanks again guys I'd be lost without this lol xx
Amipopzzz
Amipopzzz
Play/fighting Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29 2011, 18:09

to upload vids you can do it the same way you do your piks via photobucket OR i do it by uploading on youtube and pasting the direct link Smile hope this helps.
As for the scruff vinnie did this once and he got a firm no! and we put him in the kitchen for 5mins .. he came out and never did it again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amipopzzz Wed Jun 29 2011, 18:16

Thank im trying to get them on youtube now, photobucket wont upload my vid. Henry got put in the kitchen when he got her by the scruff, he hasnt done it again but he does nip her for attention, there at it again now, they had their morning walk, my oh takes em again when it gets dark

hopefully my vids will load
=D thumbs up
Amipopzzz
Amipopzzz
Play/fighting Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29 2011, 18:21

Brill! Smile .. it's still pretty early days really they havnt been together very long have they? .. Vinnie was the same wanted attention of skye all the time sometimes they both do this i just give them a toy to take there mind of it and they stop it usually .. i spose its because henry cant say to missy "hey! i want to play!!" so they have to go about it via nipping etc which may look off putting to the human eye but for dogs its normal, as im sure you've probs seen a litter of pups are chewing each other to bits lol, 1 pup stops another dive bombs it and nips from another angle lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29 2011, 18:23

When Cassie and Taz want to play they either stalk each other or just go straight in for a tackle, Taz uses his chest alot and knock Cassie around, they grip each others scruffs,ears,collars and legs they muzzle fence which often leads to a boxing match its very noisy especially if Blondy gets involved, Cassie will have ahold of Taz check and Blondy comes in from behind grabbing his hind legs and nawing it on like a chicken bone which drives him crazy but because of Cassie there is nothing he can do about Both girls always win.
Blondy tries dragging Cassie by her collar but Cassie is simply too heavy for her, so she gets wound up and goes for the feet instead.
In the house when Taz or Blondy want to play with each other they pick up their toys,rubber bone,rope and they drop it at each others feet, Taz has woke Blondy up quite a few times by dropping the rubber bone (now ball) on her head lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amipopzzz Wed Jun 29 2011, 18:37

MissRogue wrote:, Cassie will have ahold of Taz check and Blondy comes in from behind grabbing his hind legs and nawing it on like a chicken bone which drives him crazy but because of Cassie there is nothing he can do about Both girls always win.

Sounds like mayhem!!

i'll have to invest in some toys, we bought them for henry he had all sorts, but he's eaten them all, just ripped them to shreds no matter how big or tough they were. he might not now he has something else to play with.

They've been together since Friday =D they're not noisy when they play except henry yaps like a puppy when he's frustrated lol xx
Amipopzzz
Amipopzzz
Play/fighting Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amipopzzz Wed Jun 29 2011, 18:45

This vid is from there first meeting, im just uploading another vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ0wFBEsQvM
Amipopzzz
Amipopzzz
Play/fighting Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Thu Jun 30 2011, 11:08

Amipopzzz wrote:
MissRogue wrote:, Cassie will have ahold of Taz check and Blondy comes in from behind grabbing his hind legs and nawing it on like a chicken bone which drives him crazy but because of Cassie there is nothing he can do about Both girls always win.

Sounds like mayhem!!

i'll have to invest in some toys, we bought them for henry he had all sorts, but he's eaten them all, just ripped them to shreds no matter how big or tough they were. he might not now he has something else to play with.

They've been together since Friday =D they're not noisy when they play except henry yaps like a puppy when he's frustrated lol xx

The only toys I have bought which have lasted are the black rubber kong's and kong balls and this thing made out of old car tyres which looked like a mini tractor tire.
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com