Nutriment Raw Feeding

5 posters

Go down

Nutriment Raw Feeding Empty Nutriment Raw Feeding

Post by Kauto Wed Aug 05 2015, 11:11

Hi all,
Thinking of starting my 10 month old little man on nutriment. I love the idea of feeding Raw and wanted a simple introduction. Also due to the fiance being a vegetarian (introduce her slowly too haha).
Does anyone have any experience of Nutriment?
I'm looking at buying the 10kg mixer pack which would last just under a month, few top ups of chicken breast etc when I'm having them. I've read to introduce other proteins gradually, week after week. Is this the same with nutriment? Would I be ok buying the mixer box or should I just buy 2 weeks of chicken and maybe Turkey. Also will he get everything he needs from it straight away?
Sorry for all the questions. I've read a lot and probably confused myself even more. Just wanted an opinion of someone who's fed it themselves.
Thanks in advance.
Kauto
Kauto
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Nutriment Raw Feeding Empty Re: Nutriment Raw Feeding

Post by Mia05 Wed Aug 05 2015, 11:14

Hello there a few of our staffies have a raw diet heres a thread you may find useful https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/f125-staffordshire-bull-terrier-raw-food-diets. Smile

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Nutriment Raw Feeding B310
Mia05
Mia05
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 2005-2016 rip mia
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1317

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Wed Aug 05 2015, 14:36

Hello! I've heard great things about nutriment Smile what exactly is in the mixer box? If its labeled as a complete then he should be getting everything he needs from it, does it include bone/offal also in the ingredients? My girl won't eat raw chicken or turkey... Only pork, beef, ox and lamb! So we couldn't start with that, and she was fine, though she has a stomach of steel..
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Kauto Wed Aug 05 2015, 14:53

Yep it's a complete food. 85% meat, bone & offal, 15% veg, fruit & other super foods. These are the ingredients:
British Chicken with Bone, British Beef Green Tripe, British Beef Kidney, British Beef Liver, Fresh Carrots, Fresh Pumpkin, Fresh Broccoli, Fresh Green Curly Kale, Scottish Cold Water Salmon Oil, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Raw Sea Kelp Powder (Laminaria japonica), Bilberry Powder (Vaccinium Myrtillus), Spirulina Powder (Spirulina platensis), Wheat Grass Juice Powder, Barley Grass Juice Powder, Chicory Root Powder. Whole Milled Flaxseed, Whole Milled Sesame Seeds, Whole Milled Sunflower Seeds, Wheat Germ Oil (natural vitamin E)

Think I'll buy a weeks worth of the chicken and then try some others before o get the mixer box which is a mix of chicken, beef, Turkey, pork, salmon etc.
Kauto
Kauto

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia05 Wed Aug 05 2015, 17:32

Even tho mia isnt raw fed i believe introducing them to different food is good Smile

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Nutriment Raw Feeding B310
Mia05
Mia05

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 2005-2016 rip mia
Support total : 1317

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Thu Aug 06 2015, 22:31

I feed 50 50 as I see benefits on both. they have raw chicken thighs in the summer and duck and salmon in the winter for a morning feed with Kibble as an evening meal to fill them up. I also supplement with bullymax which has had phenomenal results while training
Nathan
Nathan
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Aramiss Mon Aug 10 2015, 02:35

We feed our boy with dog mince (roo and beef, plus some vitamins), I add a bit of brown rice and veggies to that; then we give him lots of bones (chicken neck, chicken wing, some marrow bones and we're getting some roo tails too). I plan on adding some sardines and yogurt to it too Smile Very easy, very fresh and quite cheap. I'd avoid chicken breast, bones and fat is better for them Smile
We were feeding him some commercial biscuits but he is doing so much better on the raw diet, and he smells a lot better too lol (he was clearing the room before, it was really rank).
We just switched it over, I was going to give him a cup of bickies at night but after having the raw food he didn't want them anymore, and would give us sad eyes when we put them in his bowl lol.

Aramiss

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down