Do puppies have a regression?

2 posters

Go down

Do puppies have a regression?  Empty Do puppies have a regression?

Post by KMack02 Sat May 23 2015, 07:45

When my daughter was little I remember her having a period of regression & I'm wondering do puppies have the same?

The last week pepper has stopped sleeping as well, her toilet training seems to have gone to pot, last night I sat outside with her for 15 minutes commanding wee wee and nothing, straight to her bed and weed in her bed. At night or if we go out we leave a puppy pad by the back door which she's always used as/when needed. Now in the morning or if I come back from being out all her toileting is everywhere but the puppy pad.

Is this normal? I feel like all the hard work we put in at the beginning has been Completly undone and we're starting all over again.

And just to point out nothing has changed, same food, same routine etc etc
KMack02
KMack02
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pepper
Dog(s) Ages : 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Do puppies have a regression?  Empty Re: Do puppies have a regression?

Post by Guest Sat May 23 2015, 07:50

Don't worry, it does happen. Just go back to your training and you'll get back on track. Whatever you do, though, don't get frustrated. If keep telling her wee wee in a frustrated/irritated/cross voice, you could well block her from doing anything. Make it a nice request and if nothing happens don't repeat it, wait until she does something then give her praise and a treat. Walking her round might help, movement can often trigger the need to wee/poo.

Back to top Go down

Post by JStaff Sat May 23 2015, 10:56

LizP wrote:Don't worry, it does happen. Just go back to your training and you'll get back on track. Whatever you do, though, don't get frustrated. If keep telling her wee wee in a frustrated/irritated/cross voice, you could well block her from doing anything. Make it a nice request and if nothing happens don't repeat it, wait until she does something then give her praise and a treat. Walking her round might help, movement can often trigger the need to wee/poo.

Agree and this is quite normal and often referred to as the teenage phase. Just go back to basics and it will pass
JStaff
JStaff
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Suki
Dog(s) Ages : 5
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 859

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down