Housebreaking and regression? (UPDATED)

Go down

Housebreaking and regression?  (UPDATED) Empty Housebreaking and regression? (UPDATED)

Post by Girly Sat Sep 22 2012, 08:57

hi all - we have been having Jellybean sleep upstairs in her new bed which she loves, and all has been well for the first week until this morning. We took her out last night before we went to bed, around midnight, well I should say my husband took her out so I assume he saw her go and that all was well. We slept until about 7:30 this morning and when I came to her room (which is the living room/kitchen) to let her out, she has pooed and peed on the carpet. Then we just took her outside for toilet then she came in and pooed on the carpet but just a little bit so maybe she went outside and had a little bit left.

Nothing else different really other than:

1. we gave her a raw marrow bone, which she has never had before, and she chewed it into oblivious then kept trying to bury it in different places in the living room, i.e., in her crate, her bed and the floor - so maybe she doesn't see the living room as an indoor room versus outside? She's basically trained, except for the center stage excitement pee last week.

2. she threw up last night and ate (most of) it up - she's not ill sick, just something dogs do now and then.

I guess the answer is go back a step or two and when she sleeps upstairs, she has to be in her crate and not her bed. This morning she was in her crate, which she has done one other time in this first week of sleeping in the living room. She starts in her bed and maybe ends up in her crate. And also maybe crate train her a bit again, i.e., keep her in there during the day now and then? she has been REALLY good so i don't know if that is entirely necessary, until now.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Last edited by Girly on Sun Sep 23 2012, 18:15; edited 1 time in total
Girly
Girly
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Housebreaking and regression?  (UPDATED) Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jellybean
Dog(s) Ages : born 6 Feb 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 46

Back to top Go down

Housebreaking and regression?  (UPDATED) Empty Re: Housebreaking and regression? (UPDATED)

Post by Guest Sat Sep 22 2012, 09:11

I would say that the culprit is the marrow bone. Marrow is very rich & can upset even the strongest stomach.

Having said that, many youngsters have the occasional 'accident'. It may well never happen again. Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Housebreaking and regression?  (UPDATED) Empty Re: Housebreaking and regression? (UPDATED)

Post by Girly Sat Sep 22 2012, 09:39

I was thinking that too - maybe just a one off. My husband is worry she is now ruined LOL Fair enough though, our oldest cat is a "rescue" and she has very annoying toilet issues

Her poo wasn't runny or problematic in any other way except that it was inside the house. But I do think the bone must have drawn out some instincts in her as well and in the dark of the night/sleepiness, she might have just mistaken inside for outside.

Girly
Girly

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Girly Sun Sep 23 2012, 09:26

Well, she had another accident last night but I think I know why. We had to leave her with a petsitter overnight because we were going to be out all day and night. It was her first time overnight with this lady, and because of the previous night's accident I sent her with her crate and bed. So the petsitter put her in her crate for bed at 9 pm and got up at 6:30 am - 9.5 hours. We usually go to bed at 11 ish and get up at 7 and she's fine. She can't make it that long, and rightly so.

I hope that's it and we sort this all out fairly quickly.
Girly
Girly

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23 2012, 10:00

I would think the bone and change of scenery/routine are the blame. Hopefully all goes well tonight

Back to top Go down

Post by Girly Sun Sep 23 2012, 10:25

fingers crossed! we don't need to go back to square one, yet, right?
Girly
Girly

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Girly Sun Sep 23 2012, 18:15

well it's not just a one off. she has peed inside 3 more times today, even after peeing outside an hour ago and then going for a walk. my husband even tried to make her go outside when he got back because she didn't go on the walk. she didn't go, so we fed her and then she peed right after. i don't know what's happening, why is she doing this now? Sad
Girly
Girly

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23 2012, 21:36

You might just need to go back to basics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Girly Sun Sep 23 2012, 22:45

Yep, starting at square one. Straight Face
Girly
Girly

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down