MY 11 month old puppy keeps going for other dogs and cats

Go down

MY 11 month old puppy keeps going for other dogs and cats Empty MY 11 month old puppy keeps going for other dogs and cats

Post by missymoo25 Sat Jun 25 2011, 19:59

I have an 11th month old staff who is beautiful. We take her to the park and she is as good as gold, she barks at other dogs but nothing serious. We was in our house the other day and our window was open a little bit and she shot out the window and flew after another dog and managed to get hold of this little dog . She let go off the dog but everytime a cat or dog goes past the window she goes like a phyco. Please can anyone help!!

missymoo25
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

MY 11 month old puppy keeps going for other dogs and cats Empty Re: MY 11 month old puppy keeps going for other dogs and cats

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25 2011, 20:04

Hi & welcome to the forum!

You'll need to start correcting her every time it happens, inside or out. I would say that she thinks any dogs going past her house is a threat to her family.

I think for a while you'll need to keep the window shut! Every time she has a 'go' tell her "NO!" very firmly, and turn her away from the window. (It may help to have a flat collar on her indoors until you are certain that you can get her attention straight away.) Get her to sit, and then reward her with a treat.

Make sure you have treats handy, so that when she turns away you can reward her.

Be consistent and correct her every time she does it, and she'll soon change her behaviour.

Back to top Go down