How much food should my Staffy be eating?

3 posters

Go down

How much food should my Staffy be eating? Empty How much food should my Staffy be eating?

Post by StaffieLola Mon Jan 19 2015, 16:02

Hi All-

We have an 7 month old staffy, Lola. She weighs 29 pounds and is very active (daily walks and running around the house often). We are feeding her Blue Wilderness puppy food. We are currently feeding her 1/2 cup of food twice a day, but are worried we aren't feeding her enough. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
StaffieLola
StaffieLola
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

How much food should my Staffy be eating? Empty Re: How much food should my Staffy be eating?

Post by Lynn&Pete Mon Jan 19 2015, 16:57

All puppy food should be weighed as the amount will change with the pup's age and weight. If the guidelines on the bag aren't easy to follow, phone them for more advice.
We feed JWB and with ours we had to estimate her adult weight, which could be impossible if you don't know the parents. So yes, it can be difficult to work out if we're feeding them enough and I'm sure your vet would help you with it and also the supplier of your food.
Pete
Lynn&Pete
Lynn&Pete
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Boson
Dog(s) Ages : May 2017
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 262

Back to top Go down

How much food should my Staffy be eating? Empty Hi

Post by Zara.P Mon Jan 19 2015, 23:31

I am new to the forum and haven't got my puppy yet but my husband has done quite a lot of research and found a great site called http://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/. It is a great website. goes through loads of different dog food brands (some well known other not so much). Once you pick the dog food there are currently on you use a slider to firstly pick the breed, age and weight and it calculates how much you should be feeding them but also how much it costs per day. I liked it as it was the calculated guidelines to the SPECIFIC brand you picked and not a average calculation for any make specially as some have a higher fat content than protein.

I hope this helps in any way.

Zara
xxx
Zara.P
Zara.P
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bella
Dog(s) Ages : 7 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

How much food should my Staffy be eating? Empty Re: How much food should my Staffy be eating?

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down