Sophie has turned into a woos !!!

+2
Staffy
bobs
6 posters

Go down

Sophie has turned into a woos !!! Empty Sophie has turned into a woos !!!

Post by bobs Wed Jun 22 2011, 17:09

I know this sounds daft but it really seems like Sophie is afraid of the rain. We have had a long spell of dry weather here until just very recently.

A couple of weeks ago we were travelling so I took her out for a walk prior to the car journey. It was raining quite heavily. She was on her lead and apart from shaking herself every so often it didn't appear to bother her. When we got home we towelled her off and dismissed it.

On Sunday, we got caught out in a shower. She was so funny, walking along, shaking occasionally like before, but then started walking along wiping her nose with her front feet as she went Laughing

The rain came down heavily and we returned home prematurely.

I took her out today. We got caught in another shower (don't you love the British summer). This time her reaction was quite extreme. We were roughly 5 - 10 minutes from home.

Again, we decided to turn back. Sophie literally dragged me home getting faster and faster almost pulling me over in her desperation.

She had almost choked herself by the time we got back and she was panting and her eyes were bulging. Surprised

On the flip side she loves puddles. She see's one and simply MUST walk the length of it, like a kid test driving their wellies Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sophie is almost eight months old and providing we are alone she walks with a slack lead. She will pull if she see's someone she wants to make friends with. Having said that she did pull and wagg really hard at a concrete statue in someone's front garden the other day Laughing

She has paddled in the sea and had one bath in her life.

Anyone else got a woosy staffie? Blushing

bobs
bobs
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sophie
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Sophie has turned into a woos !!! Empty Re: Sophie has turned into a woos !!!

Post by Staffy Wed Jun 22 2011, 17:17

Tilly tries to protest about having to go out to the toilet even when it's raining.It's a right pain.

Last edited by Staffy on Wed Jun 22 2011, 17:28; edited 1 time in total
Staffy
Staffy
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Sophie has turned into a woos !!! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Tilly.
Dog Gender(s) : Female.
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22 2011, 17:17

i think they all have a bit of wuss in their own way.woody barks at leaves blowing but other than that he is unfazed by other things..................although once he reacted in the rain as yours has done but he hasnt repeated it since

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndon 75 Wed Jun 22 2011, 17:21

Staffy wrote:Tilly tries to protest about having to go out to the toilet even when it's raining.It's right pain.

Yep same here, although if I go out and get wet with him, he is ok....
Lyndon 75
Lyndon 75
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Benson
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Jun 22 2011, 18:11

Moo won't venture out in the rain, its a no go, she just sits down won't move and is miserable, she will walk round puddles, but she loves swimming, strange little creatures Laughing
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23 2011, 09:09

billy hates the rain, he wil not go out for a walk - i wonder if they sell doggie brollies

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno311210 Thu Jun 23 2011, 09:55

Bruno's not over keen on the rain, if it is raining heavy and he wants to go in the garden, i have to go out with him and a umbrella Laughing But he will walk in the rain if it is just light rain, not tried in heavy rain and prolly won't as i am not a fan of walking in heavy rain either Laughing

But Bruno isn't scared of much, he will sit and watch someone cutting a pavement stone,cutting grass and cutting a hedge, but the best one was on tuesday when we did path walking, they were some army men training and he wanted to watch them too, I didn't mind that one at all Laughing
The only thing so far that has spooked him is a bird flapping its wings in a tree.

My jealously neighbour dog is scared of wind and rain, think he needs to go in a bubble when he goes for a walk hahahaha he also doesn't like being left, as he has only been left in the house once and he is 6 months old on saturday.

Bruno311210
Bruno311210

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Jun 23 2011, 10:17

Bruno311210 wrote:

the best one was on tuesday when we did path walking, they were some army men training and he wanted to watch them too, I didn't mind that one at all Laughing

Laughing (love your avatar)
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23 2011, 16:16

well Jethro doesn't mind the rain.. but he goes to pieces if he just looks at a wooden mouse trap !! He gets the award for Number One Wuss.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24 2011, 05:05

Similiar experience with Suki. We were around 3km away from the house the other day when the rain started. She instanly turned around and made like a horse headed back to the barn. I tried a stern voice, positive reinforcement and bribing her with food all for naught. We ended up going for a run whwich I have been trying to train her to do but she likes to stop abruptly and sniff so perhaps if I want to run with her I should wait until it rains.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowboydave Mon Jun 27 2011, 01:27

Stanley will not go out in the rain for the toilet unless I take him out with an umbrella.... I know it seems a bit silly but that is the only way I can get him to go out for the toilet. The funny thing is when I use the hose in the garden I have an attachment for it simlar to a shower head so the water comes out like the rain, and get this Stanley cant stay away from it he jumps in and out of it trys to bit it and barks at it after about 10 mins he will even start to drink from it yet when he has to go to the toilet in the rain, hell no he will refuse to outside without the umbrella....... confused
cowboydave
cowboydave
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Stanley
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down