Mambo in a 'dog fight' with me in between!

3 posters

Go down

Mambo in a 'dog fight' with me in between! Empty Mambo in a 'dog fight' with me in between!

Post by spuker1 Mon Jun 06 2011, 21:02

Mambo just had his first accidental 'fight' and... I got hurt! (it's not as bad as it sounds tho Smile )
on our afternoon walk we noticed some guy with his spaniel x ahead, the guy seemed a bit tipsy (maybe he wasnt but he acted like he was) and he was more interested in chatting to some bloke on the other side of the road than looking at his own dog. anyway, his dog was having a poo in the middle of the pavement, so we slowed down a little to let him finish and not surprise him.
the guy ignored the poop, he was only interested in talking to his friend and was just about to cross the street when we finally approached him and his dog. Of course Mambo noticed the spaniel x before, and was excited and pulled a bit towards the dog (as usually). when the other dog noticed ours, he moved towards us really quickly and growled! his owner still didn't notice and kept his dog on loose and long lead - in two or three seconds, his dog was just next to us, and Mambo, obviously seeing he's aggressive, was ready to respond (he's not the one sitting down waiting to be bitten, but he's just fine with other dogs as long as their fine with him). unfortunately, because it all happened so quickly, and my OH had Mambo on his lead and I was carrying shopping bags, I got in between the dogs and... was bitten in my leg by Mambo! of course after a second when Mambo realised whose leg he's got in his mouth he let go straight away.
at this point spaniel's owner realised what's happening and apologised but of course it was a bit too late.

of course now my leg hurts, we're all nervous and upset about what happened and we're angry that the otrher guy didn't take a notice and that we didn't decide to stop and wait til he crossed the street, seeing him acting a little bit weird...
I don't even want to imagine the situation when Mambo actually bites the spaniel or his owner, or - the worst - my OH.
of course no one would believe me saying that the spaniel was the one who attacked first Sad
spuker1
spuker1
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mambo in a 'dog fight' with me in between! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mambo
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 2

http://tsphotography.org

Back to top Go down

Mambo in a 'dog fight' with me in between! Empty Re: Mambo in a 'dog fight' with me in between!

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06 2011, 21:14

It must have been awful some people with dogs dont give a damm what they are doin it makes me so mad I hope you are feeling better soon

Back to top Go down

Mambo in a 'dog fight' with me in between! Empty Re: Mambo in a 'dog fight' with me in between!

Post by spuker1 Mon Jun 06 2011, 21:21

thanks... we're better now just a bit upset.

the worst is the thought that my own dog bit me... and that's because of some other dog who wanted to attack 'us' (or rather Mambo only, but I guess our dog was just being protective) and his stupid owner who just didn't notice what's about to happen!.

and of course i don;t want ppl who coud have seen it to think that one nasty staffy is so vicious that he bites his owner Sad because of course it's not the case here
spuker1
spuker1
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mambo in a 'dog fight' with me in between! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mambo
Support total : 2

http://tsphotography.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06 2011, 21:26

spuker1 wrote:thanks... we're better now just a bit upset.

the worst is the thought that my own dog bit me... and that's because of some other dog who wanted to attack 'us' (or rather Mambo only, but I guess our dog was just being protective) and his stupid owner who just didn't notice what's about to happen!.

and of course i don;t want ppl who coud have seen it to think that one nasty staffy is so vicious that he bites his owner Sad because of course it's not the case here

I understand what you are saying in that moment tho Mambo would not have realised it was you and people are always so quick to Judge without seeing the true facts.

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Mon Jun 06 2011, 22:06

It happened to me the very same similar thing only a seven year old child was in charge of a stafford and she let go of the lead when I was across the road. I got bit on the arm by my own dog my fault though I was in the way but the mother of the child got it both barrels the day after when I was stitched up she was very lucky I didnt take it any further as far as I was concerned mine were on a lead under control Sad
gem
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07 2011, 12:24

When my last dog, Bandit, was a few years old I had an ongoing argument with a guy who owned a pit bull (before the ban). One day he set the dog on mine in a car park we were crossing. To cut a long story short I tried to grab my dog's collar to get him away, but grabbed his back by mistake. He thought he was being attacked from behind & turned and bit my hand really hard, drawing blood in several places. As soon as he realised it was me, he let go & dropped to the ground, shaking! Luckily the other guy then pulled his dog away as he then realised I was about 8 months pregnant!

That was the only time Bandit ever bit anyone. A mistake like that won'y make your dog more likely to bite again, you just need to be sure you're out of the line of fire, so to speak!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ernestine Tue Jun 07 2011, 12:47

The thing I find most interesting in all these stories is that the dogs LET GO once they realised who they mistakenly bitten.

People are so quick to make staffs out to be demonic animals that don't let go once they've bitten down. Well that's just obviously ridiculous isn't it. I wish some marketing company could be given a chance to almost "remarket" staffies, they get such a bad rap, and it's so unfair...
Ernestine
Ernestine
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Duke
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Tue Jun 07 2011, 13:11

Ernestine wrote:The thing I find most interesting in all these stories is that the dogs LET GO once they realised who they mistakenly bitten.

People are so quick to make staffs out to be demonic animals that don't let go once they've bitten down. Well that's just obviously ridiculous isn't it. I wish some marketing company could be given a chance to almost "remarket" staffies, they get such a bad rap, and it's so unfair...
Yes as soon as I screamed my arm he let go and stood looking at me along side the other like they were best mates too late though damage was done from a irrisponsible adult letting a 7 year old walk out with a aggressive dog.
I heard a few months later the same dog had attacked child/dog not sure and had been pts Sad
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down