Are staffies a one person dog???

5 posters

Go down

Are staffies a one person dog??? Empty Are staffies a one person dog???

Post by Polly Pocket Fri Jun 03 2011, 10:47

Polly is very much a mummies girl, so much so that she will throw a tantrum if I go out and I leave her with hubby. Today he took her out for a walk with the boys while I stayed home waiting for a phone call, 10 mins later Polly come tearing back in, jumps up on my lap, bit me hard on the wrist and then went mad covering me in kisses as if to tell me off for not going out with them and then fussing me cos she had missed me. Very cross and red faced OH appears without the boys and once he knows she is ok goes off to find the boys on the fen, Busta by now is eating a rabbit and not at all happy for daddy to come back and tell him off.... doh

I know German Shepherds andf some other breeds can be one person dogs and i was wondering if Staffies are too. It could get interesting when I have to go away for a few days in July otherwise Sad

P.S. We live down a private lane and the dogs get walked through fields and onto a fen at the end of the footpath so she didn't have to cross roads to get home, just brave the donkeys in the field at the bottom of the lane Straight Face
Polly Pocket
Polly Pocket
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Polly, Charlie
Dog(s) Ages : 30/1/11 & 15/2/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female & Male
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Are staffies a one person dog??? Empty Re: Are staffies a one person dog???

Post by Nosipho Fri Jun 03 2011, 10:58

I dont know about one person dogs, I think they are selective. If they feel like you are in their inner circle or extended pack they will be really loving towards you. My older girl is all over people if she knows them and has 5 or 6 of my friends and family who are her 'special people' ie. she will do what they say and loves them to bits. Tali my younger bitch is much more stand-offish and wont listen to people she doesn't know, however she loves to sit on people laps and get cuddles.
Nosipho
Nosipho
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03 2011, 11:27

Sometimes I think mine are traitors. They swap us as owners all the time, at the moment they are both "mummy's girls", coz I've been home the last few days. Tomorrow, I'll get the cold shoulder from my oldest when I get home from work. Izzy is meant to be my hubby's dog, but you'd never know it Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by niff Fri Jun 03 2011, 12:47

mine generally like everyone with the exception of a few people shady just ingnores . also he's not keen on people with head coverings on , he's a mummys boy though pines for my oh when she goes out dakota's daddys girl . but generally they love attention from whoever will put up with there attention seeking lol
niff
niff

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Shady & Dakota
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03 2011, 13:59

i don't think they are one person dogs, mine doesn't prefer me or my OH and generally likes people but there definitely a few people he doesn't like and just ignores them

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03 2011, 16:03

Ty is "my" dog and Kaos is my hubbys, their choice! Originaly Ty was supposed to be completley my hubbys responsibility (i wasnt a dog lover then lol) and kaos was the baby i bought home without telling my hubby....but hey hoe! x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03 2011, 16:10

blaze wrote:Ty is "my" dog and Kaos is my hubbys, their choice! x

So true!!
We don't pick them, they pick us and we just learn to live with it.
I don't own a staff, I'm owned by one (or two depending on the day and the mood) and I wouldn't change it for quids. My girls are the love of my life, even hubby has to take a ticket some days. rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by loulabellec Fri Jun 03 2011, 17:17

My old dog was anyones for a treat or biscuit, but Peppa only cries after me. She makes a big fuss of kids and Vinny but doesnt cry after them when they arent here, I cant even shut the bathroom door without her carrying on. I suppose its because I'm here all the time and she is used to kids and Vinny coming and going to work/school.

loulabellec
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03 2011, 17:23

Cairo is a mummys girl.If im not there and my fella is,she pines and wont eat her food.But if im there and he is at work,shes not bothered.She does love a cuddle with him when he comes home from work though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03 2011, 17:39

Charlie loves everyone but will only take commands from me. He absolutely adores my husband but if he tells him to do something, Charlie completely ignores him so I tell him and he does it straight away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03 2011, 17:55

Mazda will go to anyone with food Blushing but wont stay with them, I got a call when I was in Greece once she'd gone thru yes thru the garden fence to "find" me lucky was caught quick.
Zero cant even be bribed even with a whole chicken to leave me, I have to bath with him laying on the floor! He will rip the house to bits if i left him uncaged (and he has no limits after eating the kitchen wall next to the back door!!), even when my mums popped in at lunch and im out he dont have a interest for her unless im here too. He has NO interest in my 10yr old daughter but would do back flips for my 2yr old

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Fri Jun 03 2011, 20:58

Romeo loves attention from people, but he'll worridly turn round and look at me to check him fussing strangers is ok. He very much a one woman dog, he won't listen to anyone else except me (But luckily hes well behaved). He is very fond of my mum though and likes to watch her in the kitchen and sit on her lap, the second i come in though he ignores her again, unless she has food! Laughing

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down