Why are you a dog person.... Staffy person

+2
janey
kitten
6 posters

Go down

Why are you a dog person.... Staffy person Empty Why are you a dog person.... Staffy person

Post by kitten Tue Nov 08 2011, 18:54

I saw a thread like this and thought it was lovely...only just got round to finding the photos...so here goes

I always grew up with 2 or 3 dogs in the house.

Kia was the first dog I really remember and "Grew up with" she wasn't far off the same age as me and was the softest sweetest dog. She was never ever a problem. I think mum got her from some friends who were splitting up. and neither wanted to have to look after her.

She used to sit looking out the window near the time our school bus would drop us home

Why are you a dog person.... Staffy person KIA

she was a Staffy cross...with what is anyones guess..she lived until she was about 16/17.

Miss her every day

Don't ever trust a staffy...you'll always love them..and terrible with kids don't u know...(They'd steal all the bed from them if they could)

Why are you a dog person.... Staffy person 3v

Jess...again a mongrel...maybe collie in there somewhere....the funniest dog...she was another adorable girl..I miss her a lot..she was very much My Dog. she used to curl up at the end of my bed

Why are you a dog person.... Staffy person JESS

Why are you a dog person.... Staffy person 3x

Tara Sunshine Lady...she was a madam a total and utter princess who was VERY protective of my mum...she only lived until she was five as she got some kind of internal problem. was really sad.

Why are you a dog person.... Staffy person Tarra

I think the funniest moment with Tara was when I brought a tiny kitten that i found home...and it was no bigger than my hand...it hissed at her and she bolted down all 3 flights of our stairs....how can something as big as her be scared of something sooooo tiny !!!

George.....George was my mother in laws beloved..... sadly he died suddenly Christmas day a couple of years ago. I hadn't had a dog for a few years and we all felt her sadness and loss. he was a very gentle boy.

Why are you a dog person.... Staffy person P1010110

Barkley....Again my in laws dog...they got him as a teeny pup after losing George...and it made me appreciate how amazing dogs are... he's a beautiful and VERY clever.

Why are you a dog person.... Staffy person Barkley_1

and now

Why are you a dog person.... Staffy person 020520111143

and Well it would not be complete with out the love of mine and my husbands life...Ripley...Our little rescue girl...she's so much fun and makes us feel everyday that we did the right thing getting her. it's a totally different relationship now i am an adult and truly understand about what dogs need

Her just after we got her Sad

Why are you a dog person.... Staffy person IMG_7903

and now Smile

Why are you a dog person.... Staffy person IMG_8208
kitten
kitten
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Why are you a dog person.... Staffy person Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ripley
Dog Gender(s) : F
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Why are you a dog person.... Staffy person Empty Re: Why are you a dog person.... Staffy person

Post by janey Tue Nov 08 2011, 19:01

Wow, you did have and do have some lovely dogs Smile

I didn't grow up with dogs. My first was a present from my now ex. He kept Scrumpy, my first girl, cause it was the only thing he could do to hurt me.

When I got my own place after that, it was the first thing I wanted (after I made sure I was financially sound) and of course, once you've had a Staff, who would want any other breed so along came my rescued girly Moo Love Struck

janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Why are you a dog person.... Staffy person Empty Re: Why are you a dog person.... Staffy person

Post by kitten Tue Nov 08 2011, 19:08

And totally gorgeous Moo is too Big Grin I call Rips Moo she eats grass ALL the time.

I think if Steve and I ever split we would only fight over who got to keep Ripley.

And you're right once you have had a staffy you will always have staffs
kitten
kitten

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Tue Nov 08 2011, 19:11

ah what lovely photo's,i just think you know where you are with a dog and they normally can tell if you like them or not,cats just dont do it for me,cant trust them,one min they can be all cuddley to you and the next sticking their claws in you Surprised
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Nov 08 2011, 19:46

Great pics again. I guess I love dogs because they don't lie to you and are incredibly loyal, I would trust a dog before a person, and trust them implicitly. Having now been owned by a staffy(X) could not have any other breed.

Since we got Rocky from WoodGreen Animal Shelter I have decided to begin training as a Veterinary Nurse. I hope to start in the new year.

Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by kitten Tue Nov 08 2011, 19:51

We go to woodgreen regularly Smile

They really are amazing animals. I always want a Staffy ...I'm working on Steve to let me get a Boxer too lol
kitten
kitten

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kitten Tue Nov 08 2011, 19:53

Good luck with the training btw x
kitten
kitten

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08 2011, 20:38

Lovely pics & a great story! Love Struck

I've loved dogs since I was old enough to know what they are! No idea why, really, just always loved them. Started with Border Collies, then BSDs, GSDs (and a GSD x Collie) Stafford & now an EBT.

When Dempsey goes (not for many years yet, I hope!) we won't have another EBT, they're far too much work & I'll be too old! I'll probably get a staff again, surprise, surprise!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08 2011, 20:46

We always had dogs when I was growing up and so did all of my friends. I've always loved the larger breeds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08 2011, 20:56

Fab piks!! =) .. i have loved dogs since i can remember any animal infact! lol, you would always find me as a little girl in the garden or in a room speaking to cats and dogs lol.
i grew up with my moms stafford Gemma and my nan and grandads stafford shandy .. i also grew up with my grandads brothers greyhound Smile .. i then went onto have rescues we rescued a black mongrel named 'podge' whos owner didnt want him anymore .. we then rescued a jack russel who was dumped outside my moms shop where she worked at we named her holly as it was at christmas Smile .. we then Rescued the boy who changed my life! my first REAL dog as i never had the others or knew them very long (they were older dogs).
We rescued Diesel my staffy angel Smile .. when we sadly lost him in october 2010 my stepdad thought he would get me another dog as been in the house with out diesel was really getting me down and loosing him made me really ill .. so one night in november he come home from work and put a box in the middle of the floor in the lounge and vinnies little puppy dog eyes stared back at us :') .. ofcourse he was named after my diesel in his memory! (diesel was named after vin diesel lol, so we gave vinnie the Vin part Smile) Vinnie helped me through loosing diesel Smile.
Then after so much persuading on my part i managed to get my mom to agree to doggy number 2 lol and i did lots of looking to find the perfect female and found my little skye i went to visit her and put a deposit on her and then weeks later bought her home and we now have my 2 furry babies Smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by kitten Tue Nov 08 2011, 21:12

As love it. I'd love to come home to a surprise pup!!!
kitten
kitten

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08 2011, 22:57

I have always loved dogs... while I was growing up all my friends in the neighbourhood were dogs... haha. I remember them all there was a big alsatian named Panza and I used to stand out the front and call her (god knows how she got out but she always came) and a team of jack russell dogs I used to always play with. As well as my families dogs of course.

I first remember seeing a staffy at the RSPCA when we went to pick up our dog who the ranger had caught after she escaped... he was locked in the overnight cages and was crying and squealing and making all those staffy noises. from then on, I knew I would have a staffy one day. at 16 I met my OH who is also a staffy fanatic!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08 2011, 23:07

kitten wrote:As love it. I'd love to come home to a surprise pup!!!

its deffo memorable Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by stiofan Tue Nov 08 2011, 23:21

I moaned and nagged my parents for a wee black puppy and when i was ten i came out of school to be met by Timmy a wee black border terrier whos owners had emigrated and handed him into the kennels.He was perfect , already well trained and showing grey hairs but my best pal until i was eighteen. Next came Brekke a black great dane who only lived for six years and his death hurt so much that i decided never to have another dog. Fourteen yrs ago i went with a friend to pick up a puppy he was adopting and came home with the pups sister.Tasha is a lurcher and still here, still out runs the two staffies who arrived a yr ago after a friend bred their bitch so that they could keep a pup but ended up with a litter of eight.

Last edited by stiofan on Wed Nov 09 2011, 13:04; edited 1 time in total
stiofan
stiofan

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sisko, Kasidy ,Tasha
Dog Gender(s) : Male,Female,Female
Support total : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by *Karen* Wed Nov 09 2011, 10:07

My OH dad bought a staff x pitbull when my OH was about 5, obviously they are banned now but he bought him so that the travellers who had the puppy wouldn't then be able to use him in dog fights! My oh said it was the best dog he's ever had so a staff was always going to be the only breed for him

Myself growing up I never had dogs at all so my little Mia feels like a baptism of fire ha ha!! Wouldn't be without her now tho, for all her naughtiness she gives so much affection back!!
*Karen*
*Karen*

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 13 July 2011
Dog Gender(s) : Lady
Support total : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by kitten Wed Nov 09 2011, 10:24

And how gorgeous is she !!! Love you pic
kitten
kitten

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09 2011, 10:32

I've always had animals. My parents got a Lab bitch about a year before i was born so i grew up with her, i would sleep in her kennel and she walked me to school and then was always waiting at the end of my road for me to come home. I was utterly devastated when she died (cancer, but she was 15)

we then got a collie x lab and as i was older i was able to do more with her. She was an amazing dog, so intelligent. She didn't like strangers but as soon as you introduced her to them she was all over them like a rash lol

She was hit by a car when she was 11 and we found her lying at our door step dead, i felt so bad cause she obviously got hit then crawled home but it was the middle of the night and we didn't know Sad

After that we took on two lovely dogs. A beautiful golden retriever and a spaniel x lab (my dad really likes labs). They were like 6 and 7 when we got them. They just died this year a few months ago. The goldie had a stroke and the vet said she was too old to start any sort of treatment (she was about 14/15) and then 5 days later the lab, who was older..but was absolutely in love with the goldie, just gave up on life. His legs went and he just lay down and wouldn't eat so he had to be pts too.

Lexi was got about a year after i had the other two so grew up with them. She was so upset when the lab died, he was her little buddy who she could sit on on a cold day and keep her bottom warm.

I got lexi cause i worked in a boarding kennel and looked after this amazing little staff, he was so adorable and full of personality i just fell in love and wanted one just like him. Ended up with the opposite color and a bitch butt still lol

(funny story, got talking to a couple on holiday about dogs and they said they had a staff and i said i got mine because of a staff at the kennels and turned out it was THEIR staff, small world)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down