Staffordshire Bull terrier university project

3 posters

Go down

Staffordshire Bull terrier university project  Empty Staffordshire Bull terrier university project

Post by emzneale Fri Mar 28 2014, 16:36

Hi

I am a student at Portsmouth University in my last year of my illustration degree. My final major project is about dogs and I am focusing on Staffordshire bull terriers. The inspiration was for this project came from my family dogs. Our eldest is a staffy cross who had a very tough start in life.

Anyway I know that staffs get bad press and so my project is looking into the stigma of the staffy. I hope that my work can be a campaign to help shed any bad reputation this breed has. Anyway I have to justify everything I say and do with research and evidence and I therefore would love to hear from staffy owners.

I would be really grateful for anyone who is willing to share a little information about their dogs. It would be great if you could let me know where and why you got your dog. Why you chose to have a staffy. I would love to know about your dogs personalities. I would also like to know if you and your dogs ever experience any negativity.

Also if any staffordshire bull terriers owners live close to Portsmouth and are willing to meet in person so I can interview you that would be fab. Or if anyone knows a staffordshire bull terrier social/ meet up that is close by to me.

Thanks so much!

emzneale
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Staffordshire Bull terrier university project  Empty Re: Staffordshire Bull terrier university project

Post by JStaff Fri Mar 28 2014, 21:24

You could look in the diary section, should be lots of good infor there

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/f73-your-staffordshire-bull-terrier-s-diary
JStaff
JStaff
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Suki
Dog(s) Ages : 5
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 859

Back to top Go down

Staffordshire Bull terrier university project  Empty Re: Staffordshire Bull terrier university project

Post by JStaff Fri Mar 28 2014, 21:25

JStaff
JStaff

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Suki
Dog(s) Ages : 5
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 859

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Fri Mar 28 2014, 21:53

Bordering Staffordshire here so not really had any directly negative responses sure people avoid us in the park but then I probably do the same with dogs that Ledger might not be comfortable with, he is nervous particularly of larger intact males

I rescued Ledger nearly two years ago from dogs trust Shrewsbury, I had researched and decided I wanted a dog sized dog if you know what I mean but not something so big that I could struggle to handle it (5ft2 female) I wanted an active dog that I could run with at the time I was overweight and wanted an excuse to be active. We were matched off the questionnaire and the chat with staff he wasn't on show to the public as massively kennel stressed.

Gotta say it was a perfect match he can be a bit of a challenge at times but he is doing really quite well at agility and flyball maybe I'm lucky with the dog training club I picked but we started with kennel club bronze training as he was new to me he was the oldest in the class and stressed himself out on test day but we passed second time around and we have been more than welcomed at classes and shows, we always get comments on how nice it is to see a Staffy competing and what a shame it is that they get bad press
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down