Advice Needed

Go down

Advice Needed Empty Advice Needed

Post by lauren19 Sun May 15 2011, 22:13

If I get this puppy in the next couple of days I need to be sure how I should feed her. confused My parents have always given their dog just dry food - I know alot of it may be down to trial and error - but any advice gratefully received. Thanks
Also I am planning on using a cage - is there a right time to start it, are they too young at 7 wks or should I start as I mean to go on. I am going to read up on this but would prefer some opinions from the people I have recently came to realise are a great bunch for advice - Wink
lauren19
lauren19
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rhia
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Advice Needed Empty Re: Advice Needed

Post by Guest Sun May 15 2011, 22:19

go into the food recomendation list we have on here
i good one i would recomend to start on is royle cainine they do really well on it
you will prob not stay on it but a great one to try to start with (thats a dry kibble one)wet is so much harder to clean up the artermath lol

and re the crate its never to soon to start and i find they settle a lot quicer when used and get a ull size one that will last them or life

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 15 2011, 23:02

I started Dempsey in his crate the first day we got him at 7 weeks! He very soon got to look at it as his own private 'den'.

As to food, did you want to go the same way as your parents & feed dry, or did you want to change to either raw or home cooked?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 08:32

billy was in his cage as soon as we got him, it was his (and ours) retreat so it is never too early.
re the food, if you are going to change it from what he is on already then you need to do it gradually add a bit of the new plus the some of the old and then work the percentages up until it is all the new food over a period of a couple of weeks, hope this makes sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down