Best food to feed a staffy! (Has itchy sensitive skin)

4 posters

Go down

Best food to feed a staffy! (Has itchy sensitive skin) Empty Best food to feed a staffy! (Has itchy sensitive skin)

Post by Jess87 Thu Jan 09 2014, 15:33

Hi everyone Smile

I was wandering what everyone feeds there staffy!! I was feeding my dog royal canin but he kind of went off it and will just sit and look at the bowl..
I discovered BARF which is a raw diet and he seems to like that. Does anyone know if BARF is ok on it's own or should I be feeding him biscuits as well?
Any advice would be great thanks! Smile

Jess87
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Best food to feed a staffy! (Has itchy sensitive skin) Empty Re: Best food to feed a staffy! (Has itchy sensitive skin)

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09 2014, 15:42

Hiya I am afraid I don't feed raw but there is a section on raw feeding here is the link xxx
https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/f125-staffordshire-bull-terrier-raw-food-diets
I am going to move this to diet and nutrition for you perhaps you could then pop back here and say hi to us all xx

Back to top Go down

Best food to feed a staffy! (Has itchy sensitive skin) Empty Re: Best food to feed a staffy! (Has itchy sensitive skin)

Post by _Jason_ Thu Jan 09 2014, 16:56

Yeah,while i have only been on raw nere a week my pup has not missed a meal and sits there and crys when im making it because he knows hes getting something tasty,where as i was having problems with him on dry food going off it all the time trying new flavours and other brands.

Good luck whatever you decide to do but i feel like raw could be the best option for you
_Jason_
_Jason_
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : July 4th
Dog Gender(s) : boy
Support total : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09 2014, 17:03

I feed only raw and yes, it's ok on its own Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09 2014, 17:32

I feed prey model raw, rather the barf - which tends to involve adding fruit/veg etc which has no benefit to the dog, but no harm if they enjoy it.

No need to feed kibble

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Jan 09 2014, 18:45

If you do choose to go for a kibble choose one which is hypoallergenic/grain free Barking Heads do one which Rocky has also look at James Wellbeloved which may well be more easily available.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Thu Jan 09 2014, 21:33

I also feed raw, its great for dogs with skin conditions, can really help  Smile 
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09 2014, 21:36

It's worked wonders with Darcy's allergies Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down