buster2011
Ernestine
janey
Skylas-mom
8 posters

Go down

Status dog?! Empty Status dog?!

Post by Skylas-mom Sat May 07 2011, 20:11

Took Skyla on the park just now (don't usually do this as there are lots of dogs and she hates them) and she walked round like a star!
Came across a group of boys that decided Skye was the best thing (in the boy world) since sliced bread and jumped about growling at her and trying to provoke her Rolling Eyes
Demolition-Dog lay down and rolled over Laughing The ring leader said 'what's it doing? Doesn't it fight?' Ehhh,no she doesn't.Pleb.
Skylas-mom
Skylas-mom
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skyla
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Status dog?! Empty Re: Status dog?!

Post by janey Sat May 07 2011, 20:28

Is she a wimp Wink
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07 2011, 21:00

woody does exactly the same - it scares me that these "plebs" will one day own a staff and make them into the status dog they want

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat May 07 2011, 23:11

nicolalouises wrote:woody does exactly the same - it scares me that these "plebs" will one day own a staff and make them into the status dog they want

So sad cause they are so trusting x
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Ernestine Sun May 08 2011, 18:10

Silly clots! These dogs get such a bad rap, it's so unfair.

We've just come back from taking Duke for his walk. There were some kids at the park across from us, so Lliam was running around a bit with Duke on his lead. He went past a couple of teen girls sitting on the roundabout, and they both pulled their legs up as he went by! Rolling Eyes You'd swear Lliam had a Komodo Dragon with him!!! Then 2 of Lliam's friends arrived, also girls, so he went over to say Hi, Duke in tow. The younger shrank back and raised her arms! What was he going to do? Leap for her throat and tear it out???!! Surprised Lick her silly and smack her leg a few times with his seriously wagging tail more likely... Tongues So I went over and said I'd take the "fierce monster home since he was obviously in danger of eating someone..." I mean REALLY........!
Ernestine
Ernestine
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Duke
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09 2011, 12:40

Some idiot lads did that to Dempsey a few months ago. One asked if he bites & I said "Only when it's near dinner time....oh, that's about now!" Another said, "Huh, I'm good with dogs, they all do what I tell em" and stuck his hand down towards Dempsey's face. Now, Dempsey isn't what you would call a trusting dog with strangers. He took one step backwards & then let forth a long bout of barking & jumping around. The tough lad who was 'good with dogs' squeeled & staggered back 4 or 5 paces. His face was very red.

Back to top Go down

Post by buster2011 Mon May 09 2011, 15:14

i hate lads like this
may be we should put them on a lead and see what they do
buster2011
buster2011
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Status dog?! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : buster
Dog Gender(s) : male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09 2011, 15:53

Caryll wrote:Some idiot lads did that to Dempsey a few months ago. One asked if he bites & I said "Only when it's near dinner time....oh, that's about now!" Another said, "Huh, I'm good with dogs, they all do what I tell em" and stuck his hand down towards Dempsey's face. Now, Dempsey isn't what you would call a trusting dog with strangers. He took one step backwards & then let forth a long bout of barking & jumping around. The tough lad who was 'good with dogs' squeeled & staggered back 4 or 5 paces. His face was very red.

sucked in !!!! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09 2011, 16:01

I had a kid tell me that Saxon would make a great fighter yesterday. Almost punched the kid in the face as I told him how much Saxon loves other dogs. Mean while saxon is wagging his tail, smiling and chasing a bumble bee. Yup, I've got a real tough dog...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09 2011, 16:28

CatStina wrote:I had a kid tell me that Saxon would make a great fighter yesterday. Almost punched the kid in the face as I told him how much Saxon loves other dogs. Mean while saxon is wagging his tail, smiling and chasing a bumble bee. Yup, I've got a real tough dog...

There are some real twits around , aren't there ! angry

bless little Saxon with his waggly tail, innocently chasing a bee..... Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by sooz225 Tue May 10 2011, 06:34

Ernestine wrote:Silly clots! These dogs get such a bad rap, it's so unfair.

We've just come back from taking Duke for his walk. There were some kids at the park across from us, so Lliam was running around a bit with Duke on his lead. He went past a couple of teen girls sitting on the roundabout, and they both pulled their legs up as he went by! Rolling Eyes You'd swear Lliam had a Komodo Dragon with him!!! Then 2 of Lliam's friends arrived, also girls, so he went over to say Hi, Duke in tow. The younger shrank back and raised her arms! What was he going to do? Leap for her throat and tear it out???!! Surprised Lick her silly and smack her leg a few times with his seriously wagging tail more likely... Tongues So I went over and said I'd take the "fierce monster home since he was obviously in danger of eating someone..." I mean REALLY........!

pmsllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll xxx
sooz225
sooz225
Status dog?! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jake, Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female

Back to top Go down

Post by NatureClip Sat Nov 19 2011, 18:01

I went over to the kennels that RSPCA Macclesfield use this weekend and they have a female Staffy in at the moment. The previous owner was an 19 year old lad who bought her as a 'status dog'...he named her 'Trigger'.

She had Demadex which had been left without treatment so the RSPCA gave him a 'warning' that if she wasn't treated they would prosecute and take her away. He still did nothing, so they came back and gave him a FREE voucher to be used at his local vets, they were going to pay for the treatment, all he had to do was take her...he still didn't.

They didn't prosecute as apparently he was soon to be sentenced for drug dealing anyway. I don't understand who would let their dog suffer, even when they don't have to pay....why do people do it?

At least she is in good care now. They've renamed her Sparkle....not my choice...you can see pics of her here.
http://www.rspca-macclesfield.org.uk/dog_sparkle_1512.htm

All the best

Dan
www.youtube.com/natureclip
NatureClip
NatureClip

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sky
Dog(s) Ages : 3ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 26

https://www.youtube.com/natureclip

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20 2011, 01:59

Honestly some of these scum bags walking the earth are just a waste of space! angry
What a beautiful happy girl Sparkle is now..hope she finds a loving forever home soon.
If only I lived closer.......

Back to top Go down

Post by jacqui1970 Sun Nov 20 2011, 14:45

It makes my blood boil .. I've had people cross the road to avoid me and one woman even asked me to control my dog!!!! I was walking with him on the lead .. not even pulling!!!! The trouble is there are some idiots out there who see Staffys as their "weapon of choice" and its morons who give the dog a bad name! mad
jacqui1970
jacqui1970
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bruce and Reggie
Dog Gender(s) : Both male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20 2011, 15:42

theres an old lady by us that takes her sons GS to feed the ducks usualy at the same time as me and lemmy. she loves lemmy and calls him a hooligan and was surprised one day by her friends reaction. her friend saw a staff the feared doig that is all over the news usualy where as the old lady we talk to just saw a little puppy that is giddy and loves seeing her as much as she loves seeing him. bless her i love that old lady

Back to top Go down

Post by stiofan Sun Nov 20 2011, 15:59

There is a guy we have seen ever day since Sisko and Kasidy were wee and he's the same.He saw two pups and introduced them to his spaniels and even brought his granddaughters to meet them. At the same time a guy with a lab which used to always play with my older lurcher Tasha has been avoiding us for a year. He had to stop beside us the other day and had his lab strangled on the lead "because of all the problems he's had before with staffys" the four dogs weren't bothered in the slightest and Tasha and the lab were so pleased to be able to say hello again. Today he crossed the road again.
stiofan
stiofan
Status dog?! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sisko, Kasidy ,Tasha
Dog Gender(s) : Male,Female,Female
Support total : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21 2011, 08:46

one word for the bloke who crossed the road.. Moron!! angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21 2011, 09:32

I really can't believe some people's attitudes towards them. "wait till her jaw can lock and her head splits" from a staff owner, seriously? "oh, I don't like them they are viscous", "they are cute puppies but ugly as sin when they are older" grrrr. one friend told me I should train her to protect me and staff's go nuts if they don't have a litter before they are spayed. Mostly it's a shocked look when you say what kind of dog you have. Bella turns into a wiggling ball of fur when she sees people Laughing I love taking her to the vets, every time she's been there people have been so nice saying what lovely dogs they are, how friendly they are and one of them was sitting with a wee chihuahua Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by stiofan Mon Nov 21 2011, 13:38

The vet we go to has a display about staffys and sells the staffy rescue badges etc. I got all the stuff about heads splitting and how my two don't look fierce enough and apparently the way to train your staffy is to pin it to the floor by it's neck every time it misbehaves ,from a guy with two scatty dobermans.
stiofan
stiofan
Status dog?! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sisko, Kasidy ,Tasha
Dog Gender(s) : Male,Female,Female
Support total : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content