What is the furthest you have ever walked with your dog?

+4
Sazzle
janey
stella
Rachel33
8 posters

Go down

What is the furthest you have ever walked with your dog? Empty What is the furthest you have ever walked with your dog?

Post by Rachel33 Thu Dec 05 2013, 18:40

After our 14 mile adventure today, I'm curious to know if anybody else goes hiking with their dog often?

What's the furthest you've ever walked with your dogs? We're looking into walking 25 miles across mountains in the spring!
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

What is the furthest you have ever walked with your dog? Empty Re: What is the furthest you have ever walked with your dog?

Post by stella Thu Dec 05 2013, 19:02

oh i hope bis is a tired girl tonight after that walk sleepy sleepy ,i dont think we've ever walked that far,walked for most of the day when sash was younger but stopped off at friends along the way!
stella
stella

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

What is the furthest you have ever walked with your dog? Empty Re: What is the furthest you have ever walked with your dog?

Post by janey Thu Dec 05 2013, 20:17

Never measured it but we walk all day but also have stop offs I don't think she has ever done 14miles and now she can't because of the arthritis. Good walking though if they are used to it Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 05 2013, 20:20

We used to Walk Bandit around the city of london on a sunday & we'd be gone for about 3 or 4 hours. Haven't a clue how far we walked, though.

Then when we moved to Wales we used to have days out in the Brecon Beacons & the Black Mountains - used to walk for miles & miles, but never measured it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Thu Dec 05 2013, 20:36

I'm not really sure of distance but time wise about 3 hours Smile 
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by XemzX Thu Dec 05 2013, 20:37

We once walked over the Conwy mountain in Wales with our late Minnie. A big feat for such a small dog! Smile

XemzX
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Minnie
Dog(s) Ages : 13
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 06 2013, 14:04

Wow I'd love to be able to go hiking like that! The most I've ever walked with Eb (before I had Charlie) was when I went to Cornwall and stayed with my family there for 3 weeks and I took Eb with me and we walked about 12 miles on a costal path with my aunts dogs, but we walked to the place and back home again so I'm not sure in total! We've done other walks like that there too Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 06 2013, 15:06

I don't know in distance but 4/5 hours is the longest Big Grin 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 06 2013, 16:06

no idea on distance but we did a group dog walk that lasted about 6 hours Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 06 2013, 16:13

My OH and son walk Darcy everywhere, although we're still cautious as she's still growing. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Fri Dec 06 2013, 16:46

Yeah. Not done too much more than 4/5 hours and probably 10-12 miles at a time, but most off leash and dogs running back and forth so thy probably went 20! lol. They are pretty hearty!
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie1 Fri Dec 06 2013, 17:33

Last summer we did the Yorkshire 3 peaks, 3 mountains and 26 miles it took 14 hours.  OH and I both agreed we were pleased we did it, but never again!!!

Last edited by Maggie1 on Fri Dec 06 2013, 18:23; edited 1 time in total
Maggie1
Maggie1
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Maggie
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : F
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Laws Fri Dec 06 2013, 18:19

not too sure how far we have taken zig , we were out for about 6 hours one day with friends just walking along some bridal paths in Warwick , he was off lead most of it and just bombed it around . We hope it would tire him out, but nope we got home and he still wanted to play and ru around like a loon !
Laws
Laws

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Ziggy
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down