Advice needed

Go down

Advice needed Empty Advice needed

Post by kellybabe Thu May 05 2011, 10:48

I have a male staffy ,4 yrs old he is an apsolute gem , 1 in a million. He is scared of cats bless him and tho been attacked by my neighbours jack russell who is nasty as they come , My dog did nothing i had to get it off him. He also after a day out on park with all the kids etc ended up being viciously attacked this time by a staff/pit who was a horrid nasty dog , went staright for his neck , because he is such a loving dog and course wanting him to not get hurt i picked up my dog to stop hime getting chewed to death and still the other dog was coming growling at me luckily after i booted it (not nice i know but no choice owner nowhere to be seen!!) it gave up n left us alone x He is a true star xx But ive a newaddition to our family , and ive always been unsure of taking in a dog that has history i know nothing about , she just over a year old a blue staffy female , because of my dog being so timid and gentle i was worried how thy wud get on , had scuffle or two , he didnt think much of her to begin with now thy play together alot , she has spent many hours in a large cage most of her life day aswell as night , used to just the 1 person , a male, obviously because of this she had no idea how to behave around folks and is jumpy and still being young full of beans ,if i try to put her in cage when she doesnt stop when have visitors she barks continously , but saying this she really has made big progress with my child, my family ..... Obviously when i 1st got her id allow her out all the time when we were home ,as dont like or want to keep the cage if im honest but didnt dareleave them loose together in house as my male dog has free run incase they fought , nowthey seem to get on loads i do leave them both out because she started pooing in her cage at night so i imagined maybe felt left out being put in cage i gave her a chance and left her out at the nighttime and she found a place on landing where she sleeps , no problems at all but then the next night she pooed in the night but near my backdoor ?? im puzzled as to why she is doing this the next night the same then nothing the following night and then a wee at backdoor and poo at front door the fopllowing night ? im unsure how i correct her and make her understand we do not do that , thought of putting her back into cage at night but do not see how she will understand what she has to stop and why she is back in the cage ? i have food dry down 24/7 usually always have for my dog but ive now removed the food bowls around teatime hoping this may work ?? any ideas i could try anybody please ??????????? confused

kellybabe
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : t.j
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Advice needed Empty Re: Advice needed

Post by Guest Thu May 05 2011, 11:27

Hi, and welcome to the forum. I hope you don't mind, but I moved this to a seperate topic because it wouldn't have been seen otherwise!

It sounds as though she's trying to get out to the toilet, but can't. I'd definitely take up the food from around 5pm, so that she has time to go to the toilet before bedtime if she needs to. I always take my boy for a quick walk before bedtime (around 10pm) so that he can wee & poo if he needs to.

As she's still so new to the family, she might just need to settle in a bit more. I'd go back to basics & take her outside frequently & give her loads of praise when she goes. If she has an accident inside, just gently take her out & clear up without her there. Don't tell her off (I'm sure you wouldn't anyway), in fact don't say anything about it at all, just put her outside & go back to clean up.

Try cleaning the area with a solution of biological washing powder - it gets rid of any lingering smells that might entice her back there!

I'm sure that with a little patience and tlc she'll be a perfect companion!

Back to top Go down

Post by kellybabe Mon May 09 2011, 18:03

thankyou for that advice , ive had fun with her at the vets today Blushing shes got bad ears bless her but got tablets so hope that sorts them out xx of course i dont mind you moving my post , im new to this so didnt quite know what i was doing eek lol so cheers 4 the help thr xx

kellybabe

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : t.j
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09 2011, 21:40

Oh, poor girl. Hope her ears are better soon. You might have seen that Dempsey's under the vets at the moment, so i sympathise!

How are things with the toilet training? Is it improving?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down