Lady Lumps? :/ (pictures)

2 posters

Go down

Lady Lumps? :/ (pictures) Empty Lady Lumps? :/ (pictures)

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26 2013, 16:19

Hi all! So today I noticed that Ebony stayed squatted a few seconds longer after she peed than she usually does so I called her over to check and to my horror she had a big red lump on her bits Sad It didn't hurt her when I touched/squeezed it, and it wasn't hard - it was more like a spot without a head but it didn't feel like a spot as such? She's still acting exactly the same as she normally does; she's walking fine, it doesn't bother her sitting down or anything like that either! She's still happy to play rough with Charlie!

I always check all the areas of the dogs so if and when they need to go the vets they're used to being messed with, as well as so I can see they're in good health and I haven't noticed anything down there before? There's been no gunk, no licking her self lots, no rubbing her parts on the floor, she's been going to the toilet normally too? She's eating and drinking as usual also!

She was spayed before she came into rescue so anytime before 6 months old but she's never had any other problems the whole time I've had her especially down there Sad she's fed on raw and has been for a good few months now, she's had the same amount of excerise as she usually would up till Wednesday when I haven't been able to walk them due to not being able to walk!

I've cleaned up her bits by salt watering them, and Sudocreaming them as it's suitable for sensitive areas to calm the redness down a bit and make it a bit more comfortable for her as well as there being some pee left around the area that needed cleaned up!

Does anyone have any home remedies or any ideas that will help reduce it/help it get better till we can get to the vets? The earliest they could get me in Friday morning and it's the closest, and best vets I have within a hour and a half near me! I've read all sorts of horrible things on google like them having to open her up and other scary things like that so now I'm super worried! I have called them and I'll keep a close on her lumps! Any help or advice will be received thankfully Sad my poor little princes! Xxx

I'm sort of opening/squeezing it - this was before the salt water
Lady Lumps? :/ (pictures) Image_zpsc51bee08

This is after it's been salt watered without me holding it (not Sudocreamed yet)
Lady Lumps? :/ (pictures) Image_zps4f68011d
Lady Lumps? :/ (pictures) Image_zpse14cc964

Back to top Go down

Lady Lumps? :/ (pictures) Empty Re: Lady Lumps? :/ (pictures)

Post by Sazzle Tue Nov 26 2013, 16:37

Poor Ebony, I'm not sure hun, hopefully someone else may have an idea xx
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26 2013, 16:39

Ooh poor Ebbs I am not sure either Cody, someone will be along who does though. xxxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara n Ozzy Tue Nov 26 2013, 16:42

Aww bless, soz i cant help with Oz being a boy but I am sure someone will know and come along before long
Sara n Ozzy
Sara n Ozzy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ozzy
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Dog Gender(s) : Boy
Support total : 956

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26 2013, 17:03

looks possibly like a bite or sting but it's in an odd place for it.

As always my remedy is slather it in coconut oil, it's anti bacterial and anti fungal, also helps keep the skin moisturized, also kills yeast if that's a problem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26 2013, 17:06

Thank you everyone! Smile and thanks Ella, is it any specific type of coconut oil or can I just buy it from Holland and Barrett or Pets At Home?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26 2013, 17:09

pets at home don't sell it Big Grin it's a food!

With CO you want virgin organic stuff, it's not the cheapest thing but you can use it for everything.

Heres a good one:
http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268622297

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26 2013, 17:10

oh this ones good to if you want to order one:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lucy-Bee-Virgin-Organic-Coconut/dp/B00BS9JGK2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1385485821&sr=8-3&keywords=coconut+oil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26 2013, 17:16

Oh silly me haha! Thanks again, off to Tesco it is! I'd order the other one but I wanna put it on her tonight Big Grin can't thank you enough Smile do you put this is your boys food too?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26 2013, 17:25

yep on their food and rubbed through their fur.

When putting it on their food start with a little bit and build up to a spoonful as it's a laxative!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26 2013, 19:02

Aww poor eb Lady Lumps? :/ (pictures) 3198918699 hope it heals quickly Cody, coconut oil is excellent for everything I use it too on Ella's recommendation Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26 2013, 19:32

It looks a bit blistery, is it?

If it is, it could be a reaction to a bite or a stinging/irritating plant (nettles etc).

Certainly try the coconut oil, but if it doesn't go quickly, I'd see the vet. Is Friday really the earliest they'll see you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26 2013, 20:00

Thanks everyone, I've been out and got the oil and I've put it on her so fingers crossed it will help till Friday! And yes it's the soonest Sad they had no spaces for tomorrow and Thursday I'm having my dressings changed and being put on a drip in the morning so I won't be out till late so I got the earliest one on Friday which is the urgent before hours appointment for definite but they've also booked me a late drop in appointment on Thursday incase I can make it! Hopefully she'll be okay till Friday, it's gone down a considerable amount with just the Sudocream on for a few hours!

And no Caryll it's not blistery, it feels like her normal skin it's just inflamed - the redness has gone down a lot and it's not as swollen now..  It may very well be a bite, sometimes she's allergic to grass/pollen randomly - could it be that her parts have touched the grass and she's reacted to it?

Thank you everyone, feel like I can stop worrying as much - phew! Blushing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26 2013, 20:07

CodlingKid wrote:
And no Caryll it's not blistery, it feels like her normal skin it's just inflamed - the redness has gone down a lot and it's not as swollen now..  It may very well be a bite, sometimes she's allergic to grass/pollen randomly - could it be that her parts have touched the grass and she's reacted to it?
Could be, but it could also be urine burn. Has she ever had it before, do you know?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26 2013, 20:47

Nope she's never had it before in my care or the kennels, and she's never been to the vets for it in her previous home either - it wasn't on her vet card from her previous home anyway!

Any ideas what causes urine burn and how to stop it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down