Zeke is a local at the vets :@ Accident Prone

4 posters

Go down

Zeke is a local at the vets :@ Accident Prone  Empty Zeke is a local at the vets :@ Accident Prone

Post by Robyn2202 Mon Nov 11 2013, 13:49

Well about 3 weeks ago I was out walking the pooches and I came across an unsmashed vodka bottle, so me being the kind person that I am, picked it up so that no one/dog would smash it and hurt themselves... well whilst carrying this bottle towards the bin Zeke ran up behind me and clanked his teeth against this glass bottle. He seemed fine so we carried on walking, then about 20 mins later blood was pouring from his mouth and we saw he had completely broken his big K9 tooth, so that needed to be removed and now his nick name is toothless.

About a week after this we took the dogs for a walk to somewhere they had not been before. Now Zeke has never ran away unless its something to do with Fox poo/food and thats only ever been a few meters away from us. well this time he legged it... We found him at these bins scoffing his face so I just thought typical Zeke... until I noticed all the small blue crumbs everywhere.. Blooming dog has just eaten rat poison!!. We rushed him straight to the vets where he was injected with something to make him be sick and the vets said they have never known a dog to eat so much poison!! Well the rat poison will be like a treat to dogs as it contains so much sugar... So he is now on Vitamin K1 which will help to boost his blood to be able to clot again as rat poison thins the blood so if he cut himself he could of bled to death. So anyway he is still on those tablets and has just been in for bloods so waiting for the results to see if the poison has done any extreme amounts of damage to his liver/kidneys...

All I can say to people is make sure your dog is insured and if you suspect that your dog has eaten something he shouldn't have, even chocolate (as this is poison) get him to the vets asap. This saved Zekes life as the vet stated that if I was any later Zeke's condition could have been faitel.

Well now I have found a couple of lumps under Zekes skin on his neck, they feel loose but one is the size of a kidney bean. I can get my finger right underneath it so i think he may just be a bit of infected tissue.

Eee hey , talk about Stress and he is only 10 months old. Everyone knows Zeke very well at the vets and now when you try to get him through the door he practically holds onto the door frame shouting 'nooooooo not here again'

Anyone elses pooch prone to accidents??

Robyn2202
Robyn2202
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Zeke
Dog(s) Ages : 1 year & 3 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Zeke is a local at the vets :@ Accident Prone  Empty Re: Zeke is a local at the vets :@ Accident Prone

Post by Rosie3 Mon Nov 11 2013, 14:06

Yes!

My labradoodle Toby is a pain in the bum. When he was 8 months old he ate a razor. 2am on a Sunday morning he underwent emergency x rays nad surgery to remove the blades. Very expensive! He also ate half a HUGE dairy milk birthday chocolate bar (I wasn't impressed - it was my chocolate). He also had to go to the vets for observations because he was ill and they couldn't find out what it was. He had to be tested for Addisons disease but thankfully it turned out it wasn't that!
Him and Boris have also BOTH been bitten by an adder which resulted in overnight stays at the vets.

It's a stressful thing this pet ownership lark!
Rosie3
Rosie3
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Support total : 26

Back to top Go down

Zeke is a local at the vets :@ Accident Prone  Empty Re: Zeke is a local at the vets :@ Accident Prone

Post by Guest Mon Nov 11 2013, 14:07

Aww poor Zeke Surprised he and you have been through it Zeke is a local at the vets :@ Accident Prone  3198918699 thankfully so far apart from a few scuffed paws and an ear infection darcy is fingers crossed not accident prone, hope the results from the vet are good, do let us know Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Mon Nov 11 2013, 16:06

aww poor zeke Zeke is a local at the vets :@ Accident Prone  3198918699 ,least he's not afraid of the vets,i hope after this you dont have to go for a long time Smile 
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 11 2013, 16:10

thankfully so far the boys have been fine! *touch wood*

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Mon Nov 11 2013, 19:43

Daisys had alot of illness but not accidents! Poor zeke xx
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Robyn2202 Tue Nov 12 2013, 10:26

Zeke is just a pain in the bum Tongues xx
Robyn2202
Robyn2202

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Zeke
Dog(s) Ages : 1 year & 3 months
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 12 2013, 10:34

Aww poor Zeke, he's been in the wars bless him. It must have been really scary for you with all these accidents biggrin 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down