thundershirts!

2 posters

Go down

thundershirts! Empty thundershirts!

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30 2011, 17:34

think it was vanessa that first mentioned these - could not believe it went into my pet shop today and they are now advertising............................. thundershirts!!! never heard of them til this forum - vanessa,what would you recommend them for?

Back to top Go down

thundershirts! Empty Re: thundershirts!

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30 2011, 17:40

they can be used for just about anything ! originally they were just for thunderstorms.. if you are on facebook they have their own official page and there are hundreds of comments and photos from all around the world ( including Jethro and me of course !! ) they seem to work for most dogs...
On the packet it says for fear of thunder...separation anxiety..barking problems...any noise anxiety.. car or travel anxiety.. crate anxiety.. reactivity..excitabilty..leash pulling.. general training tool. The skys the limit !
Just as a matter of interest how much are they selling them for??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30 2011, 17:50

ooh forgot to look at the price tag.i'll check on tuesday when i visit again. just thoiught of you when i was i there. do they really work then- what do you use it for with jethro?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 01:14

vanessa wrote:they can be used for just about anything ! originally they were just for thunderstorms.. if you are on facebook they have their own official page and there are hundreds of comments and photos from all around the world ( including Jethro and me of course !! ) they seem to work for most dogs...
On the packet it says for fear of thunder...separation anxiety..barking problems...any noise anxiety.. car or travel anxiety.. crate anxiety.. reactivity..excitabilty..leash pulling.. general training tool. The skys the limit !
Just as a matter of interest how much are they selling them for??

I've heard you mention them before Vanessa but never really knew what thye were.
Sounds like they would come in handy for a variety of things.
Do you have a photo of JETHRO wearing one that u could share??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 13:58

Jethro went through a phase of waking around 2am and was really restless.. then eventually he would settle down and go back in his basket.. the vet checked him over.. there was no medical reason.. so when I googled about anxious dogs thunder shirts were mentioned. It says on the packet that thundershirts patent-pending design applies gentle, constant pressure on a dog's torso, and this pressure has an amazing calming effect for most dogs. Many dogs will exhibit reduced or eliminated symptoms with the first usage of thundershirts , but some dogs will require three or four usages before they show improvement. They have a web site if you want to check them out, and a facebook page. But I will put a pic up tonight of Jethro wearing his thundershirt....It has helped him to relax and sleep.. so when he sleeps.. we can sleep.. so why did we go and get a little puppy?? What were we thinking ?? hahaha....We are going to be waking up all through the night anyway now, aren't we !! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 14:25

thundershirts! 007-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 14:26

thundershirts! 028

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 14:31

Aw, he's so gorgeous!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun May 01 2011, 14:38

Aww Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 14:48

Thanx Vanessa thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 16:07

i may go and invest - ive told my sis too as her dog barks constantly and it says it can stop that too! thnaks vanessa

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Mon May 02 2011, 14:42

Thanks Vanessa im going to try my old girl with 1 she has a terrible time with fireworks and if I can find something to ease this it will be worth every penny the only thing that worries me is her over heating ?
Ive tried the dap unit and it didnt work for her and usually have to sedate her im getting anxious about this as shes getting on a bit now
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02 2011, 15:46

yes I was worried about over heating too.. but so far Jethro is okay. He did puff abit with it on, but only for a few minutes then settled down. Have you looked at the facebook page and their web site ?? Doesn't work for all doggies.. but worth a try for sure ! I can't use it on Jethro at the moment because of all the stitches down his neck.. but he is actually sleeping right though anyway..phew!! Just hope Winston the new puppy doesn't wake him up in the night ! If any of you try it let me know how you go.. I am very interested...!!

Last edited by vanessa on Mon May 02 2011, 15:47; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typing boo boo)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 03 2011, 16:14

vanessa - just nipped to the pet shop, they selling for £36 uk over here

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 03 2011, 16:31

thanks Woody's mummy! I don't feel so bad now as in the US they are $36... we are more or less dollar for dollar, but when I wrote to them to ask about postage to Australia, they said I would be better to buy one from the Australian distributor. When I enquired there suddenly they were $52.. Ripped off!! Then with postage it came to $61.. but what the hell it has helped so I guess it is worth every penny!But sounds like they are even more in the UK !

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down