Insurance Recommendation - John Lewis

+2
janey
Lis
6 posters

Go down

Insurance Recommendation - John Lewis Empty Insurance Recommendation - John Lewis

Post by Lis Mon Oct 14 2013, 13:38

Hi everyone

Just thought if anyone is /considering/querying pet insurance for their fur babies and wants a good recommendation, I can whole heartedly recommend John Lewis pet insurance.

I have lifetime cover at £10K a year and have claimed twice for two big costly operations for my boy last year and this year. He had cruciate ligament surgery in both knees literally one year apart from each other. Both ops and treatment cost in the region of a total of £6.5K and without insurance I would be in a right old pickle financially!

JL paid out quickly direct to my vet, with no fuss, no quibble and the most difficult thing I had to do is fill in about 4 claim forms... exactly what you want and need as peace of mind from insurance.thumbs up

I am so glad I insured with them as it has been a massive weight off my shoulders and knowing my boy has had the best care and treatment and is pretty much back to full health and fitness again without any financial stress and worry Insurance Recommendation - John Lewis 3198918699

As long as you have no pre-existing illnesses/treatments then I seriously would consider John Lewis Big Grin

Lisa & Dizzy x
Lis
Lis
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Dizzy
Dog(s) Ages : 9
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Insurance Recommendation - John Lewis Empty Re: Insurance Recommendation - John Lewis

Post by janey Mon Oct 14 2013, 13:55

Thanks for the recommendation! Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Insurance Recommendation - John Lewis Empty Re: Insurance Recommendation - John Lewis

Post by Guest Mon Oct 14 2013, 14:15

That's great, thanks for sharing Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 14 2013, 16:35

Thanks for sharing Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanota Mon Oct 14 2013, 16:55

Thanks for the information and recommendation. I have been looking for an insurance for Nana in my country and I haven't succeed yet Crying or Very sad 
Nanota
Nanota
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nana
Dog(s) Ages : 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Mon Oct 14 2013, 17:26

Nanota wrote:Thanks for the information and recommendation. I have been looking for an insurance for Nana in my country and I haven't succeed yet Crying or Very sad 
Hi Nanota, I'm really sorry you are having difficulties in finding a good pet insurance company for Nana. It's a shame you cannot insure her via a UK insurer Sad

Wishing you luck in finding some soon!
Lis
Lis

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie3 Mon Oct 14 2013, 20:48

We're looking into Bruno's insurance at the moment. Thanks for the recommendation!
Rosie3
Rosie3

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Support total : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 14 2013, 21:45

Have heard lots of good things about john Lewis with regard to animals. They seem a good bunch Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 14 2013, 21:52

How much do you pay? biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Mon Oct 14 2013, 22:58

Thanks for the recommendation, mine is up for renewal so I'll look into it Smile 
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Oct 15 2013, 10:11

I recently got a quote from John Lewis for Rocky.

Their basic cover is called Essential and would cost £16.53 per month (vet fee's of £3,000) for Rocky insured as a Staffy cross which he is.

Then they do Plus which would cost £21.93 per month (Vet fee's of £7,500).

The Premier cover is £26.72 per month (Vet fee's of 12,000)

They do Lifetime cover but it's called Long Term Cover

What is Long Term Cover?

John Lewis Pet Insurance offers long term cover for your pet, which means you’ll be able to claim for ongoing conditions. There is no time limit on how long treatment can last and we'll pay up to your chosen vet fee limit each year as long as we can continue to offer cover, your premiums are paid and the policy is renewed each year.

For example, if your dog gets arthritis you’ll be covered each time they need treatment up to your chosen vet fee limit each year, as long as you’re insured with us and your premiums are up to date.

Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Oct 15 2013, 10:53

Just upped mine to superior cover with animal friends, £16 p/m £2000 per condition per year, up to £20,000 per year, 1.5 million 3rd party, just wish I had it when she got the arthritis Sad
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Tue Oct 15 2013, 11:19

Thanks Kathy for your response re JL. Spot on!! Smile

Def go for the Long Term Cover (I call it life time cover but same thing) - my max is £10K a year but I took it out in 2010 and I think they have increased it since then.

I started off at £15 a month but now pay approx £35 a month for Dizzy :(but that is only coz I have made two large claims in the space of less than 18 months. Hopefully that may start to go down over the next year or two if I don't claim for anything else (fingers crossed).

It's by far worth every penny though and as JL state in their policy, things like arthritus will be covered for the duration of their life. Cruciate rupture unfortunately automatically brings on the onset of arthritus even at a very early stage which is already apparent in Dizzy, who has just turned 4 :(So I am pretty sure that later in his life if he needs treatment for this (other than all the supplments he already has) it will be covered by JL thumbs up
Lis
Lis

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 15 2013, 12:26

Unfortunately, once it's gone up it won't go down.Sad  Pet insurance doesn't work on a no claims discount.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Tue Oct 15 2013, 12:48

Bummer!! Sad

Oh well, I am still more than happy to pay £35 a month considering it saved me trying to find an extra £6K in the last 18 months! Big Grin  
Lis
Lis

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down