Is a KC registered pup always a safe bet?

Go down

Is a KC registered pup always a safe bet? Empty Is a KC registered pup always a safe bet?

Post by Bob R Sun Oct 06 2013, 15:38

I've been searching the classifieds for a Staff pup but I am slightly concerened about back yard breeders etc.
Many ads do quote 'KC Registered' but whta doe sthis actually mean. Is it literally a case of the owner send a cheque to the KC and then they get a certificate, or are there other benefits of buying a KC reg pup?
Bob R
Bob R
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky - [pup]
Dog(s) Ages : Zac-15yrs RIP [avatar]
Dog Gender(s) : M
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Is a KC registered pup always a safe bet? Empty Re: Is a KC registered pup always a safe bet?

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06 2013, 15:56

Just because the pups are KC Reg doesn't guarantee you security but it is a good step in the right direction. Basically for a pup to be KC reg then both parents have to be KC reg and the breeder then registers the litter with the KC , but there are may other things to consider . Health tests , how good the breeder is , the parentage etc etc
Forget about the classifieds , I would say a good starting point would be the champdogs website , but please if you find something you like then come back here with some info and we can help you a bit

Back to top Go down

Is a KC registered pup always a safe bet? Empty Re: Is a KC registered pup always a safe bet?

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06 2013, 15:58

http://staffy-bull-terrier.com/how_to_choose_a_puppy_from_a_litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06 2013, 16:45

Great advice from Dave thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down