confused

4 posters

Go down

confused  Empty confused

Post by gimli Thu Sep 26 2013, 15:24

My puppy bilbo is now 5months old and a very solid puppy and he has lernt to sit lie down spin give paw and find the treat..very much house trained (except in rain lol).my question is this my friend and her family had a male pup from same litter our pup brother.My pup bilbo is loveing and funny and will bring his bone to my feet so I can stroke him while he eats it..her is aggresive and snaps for no reason..her also can sit lie down and spin (so is quick witted ) they eat same amounts and we have simier family housholds and such..the two differences are ours walked three times a day and ours has another dog to be pals with..I've seen her dog turn and his quite a snarling sight at 47 I've been a dog owner many years but hers is first I've seen so quick to turn..I keep saying he's bored with the garden and not a lot of company but she saying he should be happy..other pups from littler like mine clever naughty and lovable ..she's getting a muzzle as he snaps at her legs and he isn't playing (I aplied last butterfly stitch myself) is it possible for two from same litter to be so far apart.or am I just lucky mine would let me share his dish if I wanted. If he has food and I say share he drops it for me.any advice I could pass on. She has tried the yelping he goes frantic .the NO he just barks..she's stuck as she loves him to peices
gimli
gimli
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : bilbo
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

confused  Empty Re: confused

Post by stella Thu Sep 26 2013, 20:44

i take it by what your saying that her dog does'nt get any walks,just has the garden??
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Thu Sep 26 2013, 21:04

If that's right it will definitely be part of the problem.
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 26 2013, 21:14

If shes not walking her dog then no wonder it snaps. Tell her to join the forum, we will set her straight! A muzzle won't help just frustrate the dog. If shes not willing to put in the work then she needs to rehome it.

Back to top Go down

Post by gimli Fri Sep 27 2013, 07:28

Wow umm I wasn't expecting the comment about re homing this dog is well fed and loved and is being trained .its not in a tiny back yard but a huge garden with room to run play and such..But it gets a 10 min walk sometimes. I shall pass on your message..have to say I really find the comment about rehoming upsetting. Wish I hadn't asked..to many staffs being rehomed .I shall tell her about the walking as this is what we think that he's bored of the same and I just wanted advice for her.
gimli
gimli

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 27 2013, 09:58

The rehoming comment was a last resort if the suggested remedies won't be implemented! A dog needs to get out and about - meeting people,. other dogs & different situations. Otherwise it becomes frustrated and can only react in one of two ways - withdraw into a fearful wreck or become aggressive and destructive.

It isn't too late to change things, but a good exercise & training regime needs to be started right now! Going to training classes may help (as long as it's a good training club), but exercise is essential!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 27 2013, 18:05

As Caryll says , there is a big difference between exercise and walking , your friend needs to appreciate this

Back to top Go down

Post by gimli Sat Sep 28 2013, 11:03

Yes I have told her and yesterday she joined my husband on a 30 min walk to start off. My husband did say however the difference in temprament from hers to ours is huge. I apritiate the answers and comments except the bit about rehoming last resort or not it felt a rotten thing to say..thank you for allowing me on the forum but its not for me. Good luck to all
gimli
gimli

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Sat Sep 28 2013, 13:16

Sorry to see you go gimli but people on this forum will tell you what you need to hear not what you want to hear.
Having said that, why don't you stick with us as you will get a lot of good advice. I know I did.
reuben
reuben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bacchus ( The Wee Man )
Dog(s) Ages : Born 18/07/12
Support total : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 28 2013, 14:46

We can't sugar coat advice. The remark about rehoming was a last resort. But you have to face facts, sometimes it's the best thing for both dog and owners. I'm not saying it would come to that, but boredom/frustration boredom an cause serious aggression issues & if someone isn't prepared to take good advice then rehoming would be better than having the dog pts eventually because it bites someone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down