Staffies jumps from 2nd floor to attack a horse

Go down

Staffies jumps from 2nd floor to attack a horse Empty Staffies jumps from 2nd floor to attack a horse

Post by Guest Wed Sep 25 2013, 14:22

this making the rounds:

On Sunday evening my pony was attacked by a Staffordshire bull terrier. The dog jumped from a second floor (upstairs) window as my pony walked along the road in harness with myself and a friend/groom in the exercise cart behind him. On landing from that height, the dog ran straight for my pony and immediately started biting his legs, my pony was obviously terrified. My Friend got out to hold the pony so I could try to get hold of the dog who by now was carrying out a frenzied attack. A kind motorist also stopped his car, got out and tried to help (I would love to thank this kind person who we didn't get to speak to at the time)
The end result was that the dog grabbed my ponys stomach and hung off it as my pony was leaping in the air trying to get away from the painful jaws of the dog. The pony came down on my friends arm fracturing it and being forced by that to let go both pony and cart knocked me down and ran me over causing bruising, concussion and whiplash.
The pony bolted across a field and the dog gave chase still biting the ponys legs, ignoring the owners attempts to order it away.
My pony has approximately 10 puncture wounds on all legs, chest and stomach, 4 by a tendon, 2 on a knee joint so is currently touch and go. He obviously had a vet and medication at a cost to me of £300.
The police have said there is nothing they can do, R.S.P.C.A same. Not interested. There is no law to say a dog is not allowed to savage a horse.

I am now turning to the media for help, not financial but to prevent this ever happening to somebody else.
Please take care if you ride/walk/drive your horse around Litlington, Cambs/Herts. This dog leapt from an upstairs window to carry out this attack. It only moved into the property that day and who is to say it wont attack a cyclist/child/dog next???
The windows to the property have been open ever since.
Please like/share, I am going to the press, if there is no law to protect our horses from dangerous dogs... there now needs to be.
Thanks for reading.

it has me furious, end of the day the owner should be held responsible and keep the dog contains but this "what if it attacks a cyclist or child next" has me seeing red. why are people so thick!

Back to top Go down

Staffies jumps from 2nd floor to attack a horse Empty Re: Staffies jumps from 2nd floor to attack a horse

Post by Guest Thu Sep 26 2013, 10:00

Very irresponsible of the owner. It does make you mad! Surprised 

Back to top Go down