Shredding the paper we leave for him to pee on?

5 posters

Go down

Shredding the paper we leave for him to pee on? Empty Shredding the paper we leave for him to pee on?

Post by Jules&Nick Sat Sep 14 2013, 13:24

HI There

I wonder if anyone can give us some advise?

We have had Bailey for three weeks now. He learned very quickly to pee and poo on the paper left for him, but the last three or so days he has started to drag the paper around and shred it!

We have read that we shouldnt react to 'naughty' behaviour but how do i just not deal with him shredding the paper and dragging pee and poo around the house? He has only been doing this for a few days and i dont know why?

He has PLENTY of chew toys etc, so its not like he doesnt have anything to play with.

Thanks

Jules
Jules&Nick
Jules&Nick
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bailey
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months
Dog Gender(s) : Boy
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Shredding the paper we leave for him to pee on? Empty Re: Shredding the paper we leave for him to pee on?

Post by kelpie Sat Sep 14 2013, 19:21

Hi, Bailey looks adorable!! Puppy's love to play with everything! If it was me, I would get rid of the paper, if he's dragging it round with mess on, then he's spreading the scent and you may have a harder time getting him clean in the house. They learn quickly that going outside is the right place to go, especially if you watch for signs that he needs to go and always take him out when he wakes up and after play and food etc. If he does have an accident in the house, don't make a fuss just clean up with diluted biological washing powder, worked a treat for our boy when he was little. I'm sure other people will have some great tips too Big Grin 
kelpie
kelpie
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Shredding the paper we leave for him to pee on? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rolo
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 years old
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 92

Back to top Go down

Shredding the paper we leave for him to pee on? Empty Re: Shredding the paper we leave for him to pee on?

Post by janey Sat Sep 14 2013, 19:29

Great advice from Claire, its been a while since I had a pup but they do learn quickly Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 14 2013, 19:54

Yes echo what Claire has advised also, I was lucky with Vinnie as he took to going outside almost straight away. The more you take him out the quicker he will get to know. Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolene Iveson Sat Sep 14 2013, 20:00

Tip slept in her crate since we got her. We take her out twice at night and when she was a bit smaller we took her out every hour during the day and especially when she drank or woke up. She has since started to tell me when she wants to go to the toilet.

I must agree with Claire too. Good luck and just be consistent in what you do.
nicolene Iveson
nicolene Iveson

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In an open relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tip
Dog(s) Ages : six weeks old
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Kell Sun Sep 15 2013, 01:42

Great advice above Smile

This is such a common complaint ... pups really just love to play with paper and have no idea of the 'yuck' involved with using their pee paper as a play thing!

If you do need to keep the paper (we have a 2 story house and kept a 'pee place' upstairs when Chiquito was little) try taping it to the floor .. we found that it became a far less interesting chew toy when it didn't blow in the breeze or wriggle about when he went near it Smile

You can also get pee pad holders that are relatively cheap and work well. Just get one that has a frame that lifts up - that way it will hold the pad (or paper) still. The sturdier the better, but something as simple as this one would be fine ...

http://www.wag.com/dog/p/precision-pet-little-stinker-housebreaking-pad-holder-122081?productId=122081#

Kell
Kell

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Chiquito and Sheba
Dog(s) Ages : 21/01/2013 and 13/05/2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 304

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down