Change in behaviour

2 posters

Go down

Change in behaviour Empty Change in behaviour

Post by amanda.bradley Sun Sep 01 2013, 18:46

I have a 7month old staffy. I have noticed in the last couple of weeks his nipping has gotten to be more often and more painful again. We got to a point where Joey rarely bit anyone it was mainly when he was really exited or sometimes on a night when he would have mad half hour but it did not hurt. We always discouraged it and he was getting better, but lately he keeps grabbing hold of my clothes and will not let go when i tell him to drop, he was doing really well with this. Sometimes when i go to stroke him he goes to nip and he keeps jumping up at my kids faces and although he does not leave any marks or draw blood when hes playing it has started to hurt a bit more and it really scares the kids. I know hes not being aggressive at all, but i dont understand the change in behaviour, we were doing so well.
He also tries playing with my partner on a night and will not stop when told, he gets rougher and rougher so we end up putting him in timeout, but as soon as he comes back in he starts again.
He has two hour walks a day plus playtime.
amanda.bradley
amanda.bradley
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Joey
Dog(s) Ages : 13 month
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Change in behaviour Empty Re: Change in behaviour

Post by Sazzle Sun Sep 01 2013, 18:53

He's probably hitting his teenage stage, go back to basics and you'll get back to how you were. This may help too Smile 

http://staffy-bull-terrier.com/stop_your_staffy_puppy_biting
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451