Feel like i been ripped off!

4 posters

Go down

Feel like i been ripped off! Empty Feel like i been ripped off!

Post by youngkaiser Mon Apr 18 2011, 20:51

Is it me or would you feel the same if this was you? Took Kaiser back to the vets today for a check up for his ear infection had to see a different vet as the one i seen last monday wasnt working today. so took him in and he checked his ear again and said it was still a bit inflammed and to carry on using the antibacterial ear drops and that he couldnt give us the medicated ear drops till after he finished the steroids which isnt for another 2 weeks and then charged me another £30 and really there was no point in me going until he had finished the steriods as they wouldnt of been able to give me the ear drops anyway now i got to go back in another 2 weeks which is going to cost another 30 quid plus these new ear drops so this ear infection is going to cost me all in all around £150. Do you think they are taking the * or is it just me?
youngkaiser
youngkaiser
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Feel like i been ripped off! Empty Re: Feel like i been ripped off!

Post by Guest Mon Apr 18 2011, 21:06

I think it depends on each individual practice. At my own vets they only charge a consulation fee if they actually do anything different, if that makes sense. So if everythings as it was the first time, they only charge for medication, not consultation.

I'd probably feel just as ripped off as you do. Sad Trouble is, I suspect a lot of vets do this, knowing nobody will question it. If I were you I'd write a polite letter to the top vet there saying what has happened and asking why you were charged another consultation fee.

You might not get anywhere, but you just might get arefund!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Apr 18 2011, 21:29

Same, and I know about ear infections, the treatment cost £60, consultation £30 but again after the first consultation the next 2 where part of the course. I would also be a little peeved!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Mon Apr 18 2011, 23:04

Iwould defo complain and see if they will reduce your bill I think its a disgrace.
I remember years ago I had my girl neutered and cause my other was just a puppy they put in internal stitches that disolve at my request, I got the bill at the end with a extra consultation on and another one to take out the stitches for £55 confused CHEEK they soon repaid the money £85
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19 2011, 13:22

Kaos has ear infections all the time he has really tiny ear canals or summit....the senior vet is a right * hole (i dont see him anymore) 1. he charges the earth and 2. he seems to think he has to be really rough with kaos (my guess is because he's a staff) i actually had 2 intervene at one stage when he saw kaos coz i thought he was actually gonna rip his ear off.....he was like yea well u have to be rough with them coz they are so strong?!?!?!? I was like um NO if ur gentle he will calm down! Anyway ive gone off the subject lol the point i was trying to make was that yes i think u have been ripped off lol x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19 2011, 13:52

One infection one fee for every consultation he needs till he is over the infection thats what its supposed to be not several fee's i would definately write a "polite" letter or make sure you see the vet that you saw on the first consultation through out the treatment and from now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19 2011, 14:23

vets know how to charge that's for sure. ( some more than others! )
..when I go to our vets I see all their fancy cars lined up out the back.. and know that I am helping pay for them! Sad

Last edited by vanessa on Tue Apr 19 2011, 14:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typing boo boo)

Back to top Go down

Post by hopefulnewowner Tue Apr 19 2011, 14:46

Tell me about it! We got quoted £286 for the operation (inc add ons for extras) to get the growth removed on Jess' paw! It's now spiralled to around £450! Poor thing had the op 2 weeks ago now and her leg has had bandage changes every 3/4 days since (back in again on Thursday que another charge). It's been a right pain in the bum coz since we've had her she's only had 2 days of being able to go for walks due to the op and getting needles before hand and she's getting a bit podgy now! Just hoping the bandage can come off for good on Thursday as we're off to Norfolk to see my partners family on Friday for the weekend. Putting her into some great countryside kennels which has a good few acres of land and the owner is a massive staffy lover while we're there would be a shame if she was confined to the kennels coz of it as she'd love it!
hopefulnewowner
hopefulnewowner
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Jess
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Tue Apr 19 2011, 21:57

Im glad its not me then next time i go im going to see the first vet and have a word with her because i dont think it is right they were only wanting to check it had gone and to gibe him these other ear drops which he cant have till he is off the steroids so they might as well of waited till he finished them to check him out thanks for the advice guys i get a feeling he is going to have problems because he does have very narrow ear canals apparently and are prone to it
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19 2011, 22:10

I'd recommend that you gently clean the ears regularly with a coton bud soaked in warm olive oil, and then gently wipe away any excess. Only clean the bits of ear that you can see, so you won't push any debris down into the ear canal.

As Kaiser has good ear flaps, they will stop a lot of dirt from getting in to the ear in the first place - you just have to make sure that nothing gets left in there to cause an infection.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down