Feeling a little, well, I don't know!

4 posters

Go down

Crying Feeling a little, well, I don't know!

Post by stig Sun Aug 25 2013, 14:14

So, as some of you know from my other recent post, I'm getting married in 4 days time. We had quite a short engagement however we've been together for quite a while. I don't know why but for some reason I just don't feel good at all, up until yesterday it was all excitement and happiness, feelings of absoloute joy and it has been dragging like mad, it just seemed to take forever.

Now on the other hand, I feel like crap! I can't put my finger on it, I'm terrified, I've been sneaking off and having little cries and I feel sick. I can't get excited as I just go back to feeling scared when I do? It's horrible and I don't want to look or feel like this on the day. I don't know what the problem is, I love my o/h with all my heart and I know she loves me, it's what I've wanted for years and I'm pretty certain it's what she wants too, I just don't know where my heads at.

So, is this normal? If so is there something I can do to change the way I feel and will I be ok on the day? Or is something wrong here?. Sorry it's a bit of a dismal post :-(
stig
stig
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Feeling a little, well, I don't know! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Stig
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Crying Re: Feeling a little, well, I don't know!

Post by Maria90 Sun Aug 25 2013, 14:28

I've never been married so I'm not much help, but I'm sorry you are feeling like this at such a time, I'm sure its just nerves getting the better of you! If you both love each other, and you know its right you just need to look to the future! One day at a time, I'm sure come the day it will be a happy one, filled with lots of love and memories Smile all the best!
Maria90
Maria90
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months (09.01.2013)
Support total : 453

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 25 2013, 14:39

Aww Dave I'm sorry your having a few jitters I'm sure that's all it is. Feeling a little, well, I don't know! 3198918699 if you know for sure it's the right thing for you both I'm sure everything will be good on the day and in the future, do you think it has something to do with the rough patch you guys hit a while back? Love from us, snoggs from darcy Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by stig Sun Aug 25 2013, 14:50

Darcy-may wrote: do you think it has something to do with the rough patch you guys hit a while back? Love from us, snoggs from darcy Smile
I do wonder if that has something to do with it, however I like to think not as we've buried it the best we can. Things are back to the way they were when we first met, if not better. I hope it is just jitters :-(
stig
stig

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 25 2013, 15:05

Aww poor you, probably just the finality of it all and having been through all the different emotions with the separation and then laying things to rest, its more likely a case of just a little nerves. If you both are certain its what you want then I am sure everything will be fine on the day. Lots of hugs and slobbers from us xxx Feeling a little, well, I don't know! 3198918699 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 25 2013, 15:12

Hi mate , I would say it was pretty normal but really depends on how rough your rough patch was , if there was only the 2 of you involved and no recriminations then no doubt just the angst of getting wed , you've got kids together haven't you ??

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Aug 25 2013, 15:31

Have you had a little chat with your intended over these feelings, maybe she is feeling exactly the same too. I'm sure it's perfectly normal to have mixed thoughts over such a commitment, I know I did just before my wedding.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by stig Sun Aug 25 2013, 15:59

Rough patch was a pretty horrible experience, we were still civil and only a street away from each other when I stayed with my mate for about a month. The tension in the house had become unbearable as our son was constantly craving attention and pushing a big wedge between us, when I moved out it made things a little easier as I had our son with me most of the time and he plays up less when it's just me and him, I just hated being away from the family home.

After a weekend break in London with no kids we quickly realized we were going about things the wrong way and we needed to fix things properly, so we dealt with it pretty quickly and things have been great since, George is still a tw4t but we can diffuse his tantrums without falling out with each other and we no longer argue and tear chunks out of each other, whereas before we argued several times every day without fail.

We have 3 together age 2,3 and 4 and Clare has 2 twin boys age 23 from her previous marriage, but the less said about that pair of cretins the better :-)

Kathy-oddly enough she's gone to bed for an hour as she doesn't feel very well, and judging by her face I'd say she feels just the way I do. I never thought for one minute I'd feel this sick with nerves
stig
stig

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 25 2013, 16:02

You'll be fine for the big day mate , hope all goes well Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 25 2013, 16:04

Gosh you both have your work cut out with all those children. No wonder things became under strain. I am sure its nerves on both sides and organising weddings is stressful enough in itself.
Hats off to you both for sorting things out and riding through the storm. xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by lordmickey Sun Aug 25 2013, 19:51

You said it yourself, you want to do it but its a daunting thing giving such commitment, so naturally your conscience will be saying wait think of if it doesnt work think of this that n the other. F@@k your currently confused conscience, ask your heart and im sure you will find that you do truly want it.

Ive heard this sort of thing is normal. Ive never been married myself as im only a wee whipper snapper but ive heard its a regular thing.

i hope your feeling good again soon bud
lordmickey
lordmickey

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Murphy
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Support total : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 25 2013, 23:00

I think many of us get the Cold Feet tramping up and down our spines before a major commitment. It's not an enjoyable feeling, but it shows how seriously we are taking the new venture.

You've done a lot of the hard work already Dave, and I'm sure you'll both be just fine! Don't let the collywobbles get you - they're normal and will disappear. Feeling a little, well, I don't know! 3198918699 s to you both, looking forward to the photos!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 26 2013, 11:31

Its called nerves! You have been so focused on the planning of it that you didn't stop to think about the actual event. I had a similar situation recently when i spent time planning my mare to be covered by a stallion. On the day of it i had a massive panick and if i was on my own i would have turned and came home but i had to go cause my dad was there. now i have calmed down again and i am getting excited again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down