Discipline help

3 posters

Go down

Discipline help Empty Discipline help

Post by sooz225 Fri Apr 15 2011, 22:06

Hiya, as you all knw i adopted molly about a month ago, alls been well but all of a siudden jake has decided that he refuses call backs, runs onto road, picks on molly (i treat them both the same) if i leave a few kongs out when i go out i come back to find them all around jake and molly sitting with nothing, anyone any ideas??

I know he's been spoilt in the past but i thought he got over it, seems to be coming back with a vengeance now, when i let them both off lead as i do ev day in park molly doesn't leave my side bit jake has now taken to running away, eating grass and just bein like a bloody rebellious teenager eating grass etc!!.

They both fed at same time, on same food, same amount walked same cos i want no favourites so any options more than welcome, i just hate to see molly bein without cos jake is a spoilt wee sh IT e

xx
sooz225
sooz225
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Discipline help Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jake, Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Discipline help Empty Re: Discipline help

Post by janey Fri Apr 15 2011, 22:28

I'm guessing Jake is testing his new boundries, he may be older but its a wole new experience for him, a new pack to lead. Only ever had one, but if there getting on fine maybe Jakes just making his position known to Molly x

Spoilt and jelous, for a time anyway Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15 2011, 23:22

Yes, I'd say he's testing the boundaries, especially with Molly. I think as long as you're consistent & don't allow him to take advantage he'll come through it ok. If he's being rebellious off lead, then keep him on lead for a while - or maybe on a long line. It only takes a second to run into a road when there's a car coming.

I agree with Janey, there could also be either a touch of jealousy or he's showing Molly who's top dog!

Back to top Go down

Post by sooz225 Sat Apr 16 2011, 00:13

i have kept himn on lead recently and he'st then picked on her when they in the house, she is that docile that she just puts up with it, i cant even touch her without him now jumpin inbetweeen us

and bedtime is a nightmare cos usually jake is with my son and she is with me, but if my son is aay, both of them tryin to get to my pillows, arrrgggghhhhhhhgh lol
sooz225
sooz225
Discipline help Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sooz225 Sat Apr 16 2011, 09:01

apologies for typos, son has dropped somethingon lappy and the keys are sticking, i h ave to batter it, and him!!!
sooz225
sooz225
Discipline help Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Apr 16 2011, 09:08

sooz225 wrote:apologies for typos, son has dropped somethingon lappy and the keys are sticking, i h ave to batter it, and him!!!

Laughing don't you just love em!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16 2011, 10:18

My kids do that and then come out with the "It was like that when I got it" Laughing

I also think he is just testing boundries. I would put him on a long line. He will soon learn. Also with giving Molly attension. I would do some sort exercises everyday where Jake can't interupt your cuddle time together with Molly. When he does respect yours and Molly's time together reward him with some attension and treats

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sat Apr 16 2011, 20:09

My 2 different in ages like yours and opposite sex my girl is older but such a lovely nature the sweetest. The dogs dominant they get on great but even though she was here nearly 4 years before him she always backs down gives him whatever he wants it may seem to appear cruel but they do like to know there place in the family. As long as you as leader make sure every thing is shared , I would keep him on his lead and start again with his training on off for short periods may keep his mind on the task Smile
I personally dont have the dogs sleeping in bed with me they have there place and they are warm cosy and not far away from me.
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content