Stupid Git Spoiled Our Walk

4 posters

Go down

Stupid Git Spoiled Our Walk Empty Stupid Git Spoiled Our Walk

Post by Tbag Fri Aug 16 2013, 22:13

OMG I was soooooooo angry today We took the doggies to Jeskyns and the enclosed field was empty so we went in + they had a quick run round. Then this * with a choc lab appeared at the gate and was going to open the gate while my dogs were still loose Surprised 

I just said 'can you wait a minute till we get hold of our dogs' and he was really impatient and then they just barged in hurry up!  + we had to keep ours on leads then cos if something kicked off we all know who'd get the blame Rolling Eyes 

When we go + someone else is in, we wait. If someone else comes along, they wait. No one tries to monopolise it, we are only in there for about 20 mins, but that really annoyed me I was fn fuming

I would NEVER open a gate with loose dogs in there without asking first, if they're in an enclosed field in the middle of a massive country park they're in there for a reason, not rocket science is it? And what a knob for letting his dog in a field with 2 SBTs and 2 terrors he doesn't know at wits end 

I'm still bluddi annoyed now what if Boris had escaped? I'd have hunted the **** down
Tbag
Tbag
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Stupid Git Spoiled Our Walk Empty Re: Stupid Git Spoiled Our Walk

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16 2013, 22:17

angry  what a total a1se so happy nothing happened and it's cr1p your walk was spoilt Sad and yes we all know who'd get the blame if something did happen Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Aug 16 2013, 22:34

Is it a public space? Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Tbag Fri Aug 16 2013, 23:02

janey wrote:Is it a public space? Xx

Yes it is and we're very lucky it's reasonably close, but most people are considerate of each others dogs xxx
Tbag
Tbag

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Aug 16 2013, 23:05

Kinda open to all, I know that sounds harsh, but if its a public space then they are within there right. Maybe the dogs would all get on together?
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by cesca1 Fri Aug 16 2013, 23:13

If its a public space I don't quite get why others wouldn't come in? Surely they have as much of a right to be there as you do? Annoying as it is, I get that.
cesca1
cesca1

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog(s) Ages : 20.04.12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Kell Fri Aug 16 2013, 23:15

It is never nice when people are not patient and I can understand your frustration with impatience.

Here we have fenced leash free areas that everyone can use ... it is not essential, however good etiquette to ask if the dogs inside are okay if they are there alone and outside of the 'peak hours'. Otherwise, everyone who goes in there assumes that the dogs (SBT or otherwise) in the park are friendly and wouldn't ask or wait before going in.
Kell
Kell

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Chiquito and Sheba
Dog(s) Ages : 21/01/2013 and 13/05/2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 304

Back to top Go down

Post by Tbag Fri Aug 16 2013, 23:17

janey wrote:

Kinda open to all, I know that sounds harsh, but if its a public space then they are within there right. Maybe the dogs would all get on together?
Yes I agree but as a matter of courtesy I wouldn't open a gate into a field containing loose dogs without asking, and if I saw 2 SBTs and 2 terrors in an enclosed field in the middle of a massive country park, common sense would tell me they're in there for a reason

Of course it's open to all, and it's not harsh I realise it's not ours, but please don't open the gate without warning, do you think that's unreasonable?

xxx
Tbag
Tbag

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Tbag Fri Aug 16 2013, 23:19

cesca1 wrote:If its a public space I don't quite get why others wouldn't come in? Surely they have as much of a right to be there as you do? Annoying as it is, I get that.

I have no problem at all with anyone else coming in, just don't open the gate so my dogs can escape without giving me any warning, do you get that?

xxx
Tbag
Tbag

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Aug 16 2013, 23:20

To be honest yes. If its a public space like a field and if your dogs are loose they should be ok to be loose. I can see your side but if its a public field then everyone has a right to be there Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tbag Fri Aug 16 2013, 23:23

Kell wrote:It is never nice when people are not patient and I can understand your frustration with impatience.

Here we have fenced leash free areas that everyone can use ... it is not essential, however good etiquette to ask if the dogs inside are okay if they are there alone and outside of the 'peak hours'. Otherwise, everyone who goes in there assumes that the dogs (SBT or otherwise) in the park are friendly and wouldn't ask or wait before going in.
That's fine, but we don't have dog parks over here, well near us anyway lol, where that's expected Laughing 

xxx
Tbag
Tbag

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Tbag Fri Aug 16 2013, 23:27

janey wrote:To be honest yes. If its a public space like a field and if your dogs are loose they should be ok to be loose. I can see your side but if its a public field then everyone has a right to be there Xx

Well I'm sorry I wouldn't open the gate to a field your dogs were in without asking and certainly not so they could escape, so just as well we don't go to the same places Laughing 

Tbag
Tbag

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by cesca1 Fri Aug 16 2013, 23:27

I would hope an off lead dog was under control? Where I walk there are no enclosed fields like you are talking about though!
cesca1
cesca1

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Aug 16 2013, 23:30

Moo wouldn't want to escape, and I wouldn't ever have her off lead if she wanted too?! Not sure what you mean but in a public place your dog should be under control at all times, if they are not then they should be on a lead or a long lead....
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tbag Fri Aug 16 2013, 23:41

It's an enclosed field, so dogs who have problems like recall can have a run!!!! In all public places my dogs are under control, outside the ENCLOSED field Boris is confined to a longline. I'm quite familiar with the law Wink 

It's just a question of manners, I just wouldn't assume it was ok to go in, and if you had a dog who might want to escape you wouldn't thank me for opening the gate so that they might

I don't see what's so wrong about that

xx
Tbag
Tbag

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16 2013, 23:48

Tbh, I have to agree that manners should still be important. It isn't about whether or not any dogs were dangerous. The man was asked to wait until they were leashed, and yet he still opened the gate.

If I was in that position, I'd be annoyed. Laws aside, common courtesy doesn't kill people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tbag Fri Aug 16 2013, 23:52

TY xxx
Tbag
Tbag

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by cesca1 Fri Aug 16 2013, 23:58

Manners giving you time to lead up is one thing, but I don't think you can complain after because you had to keep them on a lead?

I just think that you have to also respect that its a public space, and you should be prepared for people entering without notice... and as stated you have to be in control of your dogs. I am meeting all sorts on my walks!

cesca1
cesca1

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tbag Sat Aug 17 2013, 00:06

cesca1 wrote:Manners giving you time to lead up is one thing, but I don't think you can complain after because you had to keep them on a lead?

I just think that you have to also respect that its a public space, and you should be prepared for people entering without notice... and as stated you have to be in control of your dogs. I am meeting all sorts on my walks!

Like I said, manners cost nothing Sad

I really have no problem with my dogs being on leads, the one thing that hacked me off more than anything was opening the gate so my big lad could have escaped, those of you who have dogs with good recall just won't understand and I hope you never have to be in that position Sad

And before you say it, yes we've done the training bit, but recall has always been a problem with him. I suppose I'm going to get a ticking off for being a bad mummy now for not having a dog with good recall Sad
Tbag
Tbag

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by cesca1 Sat Aug 17 2013, 00:09

My parents have a mastiff cross who has very poor recall, he was a rescue and very badly treated. Great dog now though but awful on recall hence he is always on a long line. They would love to have an area off lead to walk him but will not risk it. So yes, I do have experience of a dog with poor recall!
cesca1
cesca1

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tbag Sat Aug 17 2013, 00:16

cesca1 wrote:My parents have a mastiff cross who has very poor recall, he was a rescue and very badly treated. Great dog now though but awful on recall hence he is always on a long line. They would love to have an area off lead to walk him but will not risk it. So yes, I do have experience of a dog with poor recall!

They need to go to the enclosed field at Jeskyns then Big Grin 

Seriously though you know where I'm coming from surely? If that dog was in a field, gate closed, and someone came and just opened the gate and he escaped, they'd be hopping mad

Like I keep saying, courtesy/manners, costs nowt!!!

Bless them for taking a rescue, any pics?

xx
Tbag
Tbag

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by cesca1 Sat Aug 17 2013, 00:20

If there was an area he could go, private property, that would be amazing. But, public space they wouldn't risk it. Long line so long as its public. There is a post on here somewhere, his name is Bubba Smile
cesca1
cesca1

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tbag Sat Aug 17 2013, 00:27

cesca1 wrote:If there was an area he could go, private property, that would be amazing. But, public space they wouldn't risk it. Long line so long as its public. There is a post on here somewhere, his name is Bubba Smile

Just seen it OMG he's just scrumptious Love Struck Love Struck Love Struck 

Den is a Battersea boy, 9 weeks old we got him and we were his 3rd home, he has lots of issues and it's clear he's been treated badly, how can people be so fn cruel as to abuse a dog Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 

With a bit of love and some rules he's turning into a loving playful puppy, Bubba looks like he's got his playfulness back, bless his ickle paws

xxx
Tbag
Tbag

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 17 2013, 00:31

Not ticking you off at all, Tbag, for having a Staff with a less than perfect recall.

I have a mega-friendly Staff, he loves everyone. His recall is good UNTIL another dog comes into sight and then he goes completely deaf and no command from me, treats toys etc, will distract him. And I know I'm not alone, many other people have posted on this forum with the same problem.

I'd love to have access to enclosed field where he could run free, so you are lucky to have one near you where all dogs are welcome to run off-lead.

But unless your Staff immediately headed over to the Lab and the Lab's owner was careless about closing the gate immediately behind him, I'm afraid I can't see the problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tbag Sat Aug 17 2013, 00:37

Lynda wrote:Not ticking you off at all, Tbag, for having a Staff with a less than perfect recall.  

I have a mega-friendly Staff, he loves everyone.  His recall is good UNTIL another dog comes into sight and then he goes completely deaf and no command from me, treats toys etc, will distract him.  And I know I'm not alone, many other people have posted on this forum with the same problem.

I'd love to have access to enclosed field where he could run free, so you are lucky to have one near you where all dogs are welcome to run off-lead.

But unless your Staff immediately headed over to the Lab and the Lab's owner was careless about closing the gate immediately behind him, I'm  afraid I can't see the problem.

My big lad was running towards the gate, he should have been called Houdini, if the guy had opened the gate he'd have barged his way out, that's my problem

Thankfully I was near the gate

And stafflets are so difficult to grab aren't they Laughing  If you miss their collar, you can't grab them, they're an elusive shape Laughing Laughing Laughing 
Tbag
Tbag

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 17 2013, 00:57

OK Tbag, there we have it. The incoming guy (or gal) should always be aware that a dog already in the field might be enthusiatically overjoyed to welcome their dog and may also take the opportunity to make a bolt out into the wide open world. And yes, Staffies are as squirmy as eels!

It was a scare for you, but no harm done. Hopefully Mr Lab will just be a bit more cautious when he opens the field gate when there are loose dogs in the field.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down