your most stupid accident(if you got one)

+3
Pollyanna
Jay
Steve
7 posters

Go down

your most stupid accident(if you got one) Empty your most stupid accident(if you got one)

Post by Steve Wed Jul 10 2013, 21:25

your most stupid accident(if you got one) Fall10

here is my place but they removed the gates now for some reason....

one frinday night watching the stars the park keeper locked us in so we had to climb over the railings as i jumped down my trousers hooked onto a spike, i landed on my face and dislcated my shoulder, which i then put it back myself. I was lucky becasue my grandad did a similar thing and ended up impaled on the spike.

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

your most stupid accident(if you got one) Empty Re: your most stupid accident(if you got one)

Post by Steve Wed Jul 10 2013, 21:35

i miss something off i was only 16/17 then Laughing i was allow to do silly thing

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

your most stupid accident(if you got one) Empty Re: your most stupid accident(if you got one)

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10 2013, 21:40

Steve I dont want to s  I guess we all do daft things, I broke my legs in 3 places when I fell 16ft of a climbing wall Surprised 

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Jul 10 2013, 21:42

is the wall still up go an google map search show us Tongues 

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10 2013, 21:43

Indoor climbing wall Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Jul 10 2013, 21:45

not good cant u think of anything else where you can show us Smile

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10 2013, 21:46

I've done nothing as dramatic as that!

I did fancy my dog training instructor when I was about 15. We were doing some heel work (I was showing off a bit!) & he said "Left turn". Well, I turned left, but Zena, my collie, didn't. I went A over T straight onto my face in front of everybody!Blushing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10 2013, 21:54

Ow!

I'm sure that I have caused physical injuries to myself through stupidity but have obviously obliterated them from my memory chip.

The stupidist thing I still kick myself for was when I reversed my car out from my parking space in an almost deserted company car park. I didn't look behind me whilst I straightened up preparatory to driving out of the car park and my car drifted back and bumped into the only other car in the car park! Fortunately I had a Vauxhall Cavalier so it wasn't damaged, but unfortunately the other car was a BMW and so got a microscopic dent in its bumper (and what are bumpers for, for heavens sake, if not to be bumped into?) It cost me £500 Crying or Very sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Jul 10 2013, 21:57

Sad not good

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10 2013, 22:02

Oh! Caryll's story reminded me! I was coming out of the local FA football club where I had been going for private physio on my back with their physiotherapist. Outside the door was almost the entire football team - strapping lads, including the player I cherished the private hots for day dreaming . All in a fluster, I tripped over the step and landed flat on my face in front of them all, my knees all grazed and gushing blood. Blushing  OMG the humiliation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10 2013, 22:20

Lynda wrote:Ow!

I'm sure that I have caused physical injuries to myself through stupidity but have obviously obliterated them from my memory chip.

The stupidist thing I still kick myself for was when I reversed my car out from my parking space in an almost deserted company car park. I didn't look behind me whilst I straightened up preparatory to driving out of the car park and my car drifted back and bumped into the only other car in the car park!  Fortunately I had a Vauxhall Cavalier so it wasn't damaged, but unfortunately the other car was a BMW and so got a microscopic dent in its bumper (and what are bumpers for, for heavens sake, if not to be bumped into?)  It cost me £500 Crying or Very sad 

Laughing  sorry Blushing 

Does remind me of a little one though

Had just got my new company car about a week previous ( W reg just 3 months after starting the job) , shiny blue vectra estate , parked up inside JCB factory as I needed to get tools in and out of my boot and it was a big empty space. When I came to leave they had stacked up the area and I had to reverse out carefully , the OH phoned me as I was getting in the car and talking on the phone (yes to my ear not hands free Blushing ) diligently reversing through a gap with inches to spare each side whilst looking out of my left and right wing mirrors and then BANG , reversed straight into the big steel upright holding the roof up which I had failed to notice as I wasn't looking in my rear view mirror Blushing  God was I peed off and that was the new car not new any more ( It was the first brand new car I'd ever owned with just the delivery mileage on when I received it at my house the previous week Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad  )

On the plus side though never cost me anything to repair , told the boss it was hit in the building by a forklift and hadn't seen it happen so the company paid the bill Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10 2013, 22:23

Lynda wrote:Oh!  Caryll's story reminded me!  I was coming out of the local FA football club where I had been going for private physio on my back with their physiotherapist.  Outside the door was almost the entire football team - strapping lads, including the player I cherished the private hots for day dreaming .  All in a fluster, I tripped over the step and landed flat on my face in front of them all, my knees all grazed and gushing blood.  Blushing  OMG the humiliation.

I feel for you, I really do!Laughing Laughing 

Dave wrote:
On the plus side though never cost me anything to repair , told the boss it was hit in the building by a forklift and hadn't seen it happen so the company paid the bill Smile 

Oooh, you little liar!shame on you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10 2013, 22:26

rolling on the floor Dave! At least you got away with it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10 2013, 22:33

Ah thank you Caryll! Funnily enough, I never did get any further after that with my hot dream date. Bleeding knees were obviously not his thing -

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Jul 10 2013, 22:35

I once sliced my hand open on a meat slicing machine whilst slicing cucumber on it without the guard

your most stupid accident(if you got one) Semi-Automatic-Meat-Slicer-Machine-300ES-12-
Jay
Jay

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Roxy
Dog(s) Ages : 29 Weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10 2013, 22:36

Caryll wrote:

Oooh, you little liar!shame on you

Strangely enough I haven't had a single accident that was my fault since driving a company vehicle Laughing 

Just remembered another one , (there is a pattern here) I used to have a LWB Primastasr van for few years , really smart Double cab with blacked out windows. Anyway when it was a few months old ...........

I always used to park up the back of Morrisons car park as due to the little extra length it was a pig to park in a normal space on a busy supermarket car park , same routine every time pretty much same spot , reverse in bump the back wheels on the kerb and sound , my nose wouldn't be sticking out too far to cause anybody problems te back would be just touching the bushes, so this day as normal went down , reversed in bump the tyres on the kerb , 1 more time for luck , job done and jump out to go to the shop. Turned round and noticed my back wheels were a foot short of the kerb Rolling Eyes  looked round the back and had reversed into the only space at the back of the car park occupied by a tree which grew up and then out overhanging the space , lovely little dent in the top of my doors which I then had for 2 1/2 more years just to remind me to be a little more observant when reversing ( didnt have no view out the back on the van only the L and R wing mirrors Blushing )

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Jul 10 2013, 22:37

jay I dont want to s 

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Jul 10 2013, 22:40

I sliced the palm of my hand open, I was 16 at the time and working in a hotel kitchen, I shouldn't have been using it as you have to be 18 for insurance purposes.

But the chicks dig scars, right?
Jay
Jay

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10 2013, 22:42

MrToast wrote:I once sliced my hand open on a meat slicing machine whilst slicing cucumber on it without the guard

your most stupid accident(if you got one) Semi-Automatic-Meat-Slicer-Machine-300ES-12-

Ouch Crying or Very sad 

I once sliced the top of my thumb off (just hanging on by a flap of skin) on my car door by slamming it shut without taking my thumb out of the way first , that really hurt and I nearly passed out , the staff at B & Q were ever so helpful (not) and just give me a swab thing and sent me off packing , drove to the local hospital at which point the tip had sort of stuck itself back on and I felt like a fraud so thought it was a great idea to play with it to demonstrate and the tip flicked off again and I passed out . When I came round the staff made me lie on a hospital bed with a massive bandage on my thumb and had to hold it up in the air , all the staff kept walking past the room and giggling at me , was sure they had made the bandage 10 times the size it needed to be for a joke and then shared this joke with the rest of the staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Jul 10 2013, 22:44

I also cut my leg badly once with an angle grinder, luckily it had a sanding disc on rather than a cutting disc.
Jay
Jay

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10 2013, 22:48

MrToast wrote:I sliced the palm of my hand open, I  was 16 at the time and working in a hotel kitchen, I shouldn't have been using it as you have to be 18 for insurance purposes.

But the chicks dig scars, right?

The other day I was at a customer when one of his lads turned up with a truck after a job and he had no tshirt on , he had some horrific scars on his back and stomach from a serious motorcross accident and was telling me all about it , lucky to be alive his rib cage had been destroyed at the time lung damage and serious liver damage too but hey he survived and lived to fight another day .

I made the comment about kids and chicks digging scars and he told me about his girlfriends son asking about it when he was sunning himself in the garden  .

He told the little lad he had been attacked on holiday in the sea by a shark and only survived by beating the shark to death with a flip flop rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Jul 10 2013, 22:50

LMAO, I have never abused my scars
Jay
Jay

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10 2013, 22:57

Oh they're all coming out now! None of us should be allowed out should we?

My son has a dreadful scar on his arm too (cut a long story short, he put his hand through a glass window). He tells people it's a shark bite too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10 2013, 23:01

Reading all these accidents is giving me the shivers!nail biting 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10 2013, 23:05

Lynda wrote:Oh they're all coming out now!  None of us should be allowed out should we?

My son has a dreadful scar on his arm too (cut a long story short, he put his hand through a glass window).  He tells people it's a shark bite too!

Inside of my arm has a decent scar from punching out a small square of glass to get in the back door when the OH decided to lock me out in the middle of an argument , went to bed and woke up in a pile of blood feeling very queezy and remember (as I was still worse for wear at the time) biting off the big flap of skin that I had sliced open as it was annoying me

I was off work for a few days , think if I remember rightly told the boss I'd tripped over putting the milk bottles out Blushing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10 2013, 23:45

Eeesh Dave.

You've got a great line in porkies though - Respect!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10 2013, 23:46

Lynda wrote:Eeesh Dave.  

You've got a great line in porkies though - Respect!

The proud ones I gladly hold my hands up to Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10 2013, 23:51

rolling on the floor 

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollyanna Thu Jul 11 2013, 11:35

Its not the physical things that get into me trouble, its usually the things I say.  I remember at a family gathering my father in law was wearing a huge overcoat that looked like an undertakers.  We usually had a good banter between us and I said 'who died and left you that'.  Oh how we laughed (not) when his sister in law said 'Uncle Charlie' who was her recently deceased husband.  Then the room fell silent while I slowly disappeared up my own backside  Blushing
Pollyanna
Pollyanna
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
your most stupid accident(if you got one) Top_ra10

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Lily
Dog(s) Ages : 2?
Dog Gender(s) : Girlie
Support total : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Thu Jul 11 2013, 11:54

Oh, I was 12 then, and on an old bike with no brakes, out with my baby brother at the time. He found a steep hill that has a sharp bend with a wall, off he went racing down it, calling me a chicken if I didnt follow him, so being the big sister, I followed, forgetting I had no brakes and well I ended up on my side braking into the wall, to this day, I still have the scars on my left arm! Gosh there was so much blood too!
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Jul 11 2013, 12:01

MrToast wrote:I once sliced my hand open on a meat slicing machine whilst slicing cucumber on it without the guard

This just sent a shiver down my spine as I remember slicing a cucumber on one of these once and forgot my thumb was there too. Took the top of the thumb off and very nearly passed out.Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I was only 17 at the time and shouldn't even have been using it, naughty employer
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 11 2013, 12:03

Theres some grim stories here! Luckly I dont have any to share, phew whew!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 11 2013, 12:38

I reversed into a trailer once and punctured my car lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Thu Jul 11 2013, 13:12

Setting my bed on fire when drunk Sad 

Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria90 Thu Jul 11 2013, 14:06

Ive got a few..... lol im a clutz!

One day I was standing ontop of the lounge taking down curtains to wash them, well I lost my balance and instead of putting my hand on the wall to break the fall, my arm went through the window....10 stitches later ouch.

Another one was as I was leaving for a wedding I was wearing stupidly high and uncomfortable heels, it was raining that day and I slipped down the stairs in front of my place (the last lot of stairs towards the bottom in the pic) well that resulted in a split dress, a broken high heel, and an extremely sore bum doh 

your most stupid accident(if you got one) Bbbbb_zpsc39a8ab6
Maria90
Maria90

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months (09.01.2013)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 453

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 11 2013, 14:10

Well my one is after being chucked out by my drunken ex fiancé, I drove my Mini Cooper into a wall, trouble is it was hard to get into reverse and I kept putting it in first gear, hence to say I kept rolling back and shunting it back into the wall! What a numpty the wall was fine but my beloved Mini wasn't!Surprised 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 11 2013, 14:45

doh 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down