Kenny and Lilly

5 posters

Go down

Kenny and Lilly Empty Kenny and Lilly

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24 2013, 21:46

Evening all, day 4.
Things seem to be going well. Kenny has been fine with her, at times a little off, but nothing nasty. Tbh, he's been a little star. Lilly on the other had although is a little sweety, but mostly a wicked little staffie babie:-SS lol. She's really feeling her feet. Poor Kenny has been biten on his man parts, face, paws, well every where. She keeps trying to steal all his toys. Fair play to him, he's just nudged her away or if i can see he's really not having it, I take it from her and give it to him. I also make a point of stopping her from biting him. Their spending more and more time together, but Kenny still has the run of the house ( his usually behaviour) and Lilly gets to go into Molly's room to give Kenny a break.
Ken does seem a little jealous if i hold Lilly, so i get a sneaky cuddle when Carl takes him out. If I pick her up he's at my side, staring at her, this does concern me as it's unrealistic to not hold her. Im taking it slow, but so far so good. I'll try and get some pic's tomorrow. Trying to supervise and get pic's is hard work lol x

Back to top Go down

Kenny and Lilly Empty Re: Kenny and Lilly

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24 2013, 21:50

Sounds like things are going great Kelly, even if ken is being nibbled a bit Big Grin he seems to be a model big bro Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Jun 24 2013, 21:53

Early days and I await on new pics Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24 2013, 21:55

You're doing great Kelly! It must be like being a mum to two human children - striking a balance between the two, not letting either one feel neglected - hard work!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Mon Jun 24 2013, 22:04

I can imagine it's hard work!! Glad it's going well Big Grin
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24 2013, 22:35

Thanks guys, yes it's hard work, and a bit nerve racking lol xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24 2013, 22:38

2 dogs , 2 hands Kelly simples Big Grin

When you get round to the walking though you definitely want to make more of a habit of taking Lilly out on her own even if its only 2 or 3 times a week . Tommy can be a nightmare to get walking if Tilly isn't there. Tilly on the other hand couldn't care less .
For most of our walks when he was little I would go out together with my daughter, loads of off lead time as he would never stray far from Tilly , and when he'd had enough Jenny would walk him home and I carried on with Tilly so she still got some decent walks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24 2013, 22:44

Dave wrote:2 dogs , 2 hands Kelly simples Big Grin

When you get round to the walking though you definitely want to make more of a habit of taking Lilly out on her own even if its only 2 or 3  times a week . Tommy can be a nightmare to get walking if Tilly isn't there. Tilly on the other hand couldn't care less .
For most of our walks when he was little I would go out together with my daughter, loads of off lead time as he would never stray far from Tilly , and when he'd had enough Jenny would walk him home and I carried on with Tilly so she still got some decent walks
Big Grin I cant wait to get her out:D 3 more weeks Smile))))) Thank you all for your support, x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24 2013, 22:45

Dave wrote:2 dogs , 2 hands Kelly simples Big Grin

When you get round to the walking though you definitely want to make more of a habit of taking Lilly out on her own even if its only 2 or 3  times a week . Tommy can be a nightmare to get walking if Tilly isn't there. Tilly on the other hand couldn't care less .
Big Grin I cant wait to get her out:D 3 more weeks Smile))))) Thank you all for your support, x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24 2013, 22:49

No probs for me Kelly , happy to help if I can . Haven't got the best 2 behaved dogs in the world but they don't do too badly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Mon Jun 24 2013, 23:09

Sounds like about right. Laughing good advice from Dave-o. However, I didn't walk Frosty alone early on and that was never a problem for him so it will just be something you need to pay attention to and get a feel for if Lilly is dependent on Kenny. However, it is always good bonding to walk with a dog all alone. For that reason alone, I recommend it.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24 2013, 23:14

Ben wrote:Sounds like about right. :lol:good advice from Dave-o. However, I didn't walk Frosty alone early on and that was never a problem for him so it will just be something you need to pay attention to and get a feel for if Lilly is dependent on Kenny. However, it is always good bonding to walk with a dog all alone. For that reason alone, I recommend it.

It was a bit of both for me Ben , I was only advised when I started puppy training with Tommy at about 5-6months old for his independence and it did help to progress training loads , and when we started to take him out on his own we noticed how dependent he was on Tilly , proper dug his heels in . But on the other hand it was so much easier getting him out walking as Tilly was there to give him lots of confidence and he would just trot round after her like a shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25 2013, 05:07

Great to hear it's all going well Big Grin Can't wait to see the pics

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25 2013, 07:07

day 5, morning all, Got up with ken quite early, walked and fed. Brought lilly and fed her. She again tried to play/bite Ken and growled Sad. I removed her as his hackles were up to. Left it for 10 mins and he did it again.  She's up staairs with molly now. Any tips please x
Sorry, forgot to add, I dont know if it makes a difference but when he show's aggression towards adult dogs all his hackles are up from base of his tail up to his neck, this morning, it was just the base of the tail. x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25 2013, 07:11

Does Ken play tug ?? maybe something like that to encourage them to play together rather than Lilly seeing Ken as a big toy ?? Other than that just make sure he gets his space from her when he needs it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25 2013, 07:31

Dave wrote:Does Ken play tug ?? maybe something like that to encourage them to play together rather than Lilly seeing Ken as a big toy ?? Other than that just make sure he gets his space from her when he needs it
I havnt tried that yet between the 2 of them, but certainly will today. I think she's getting on his nerves lol, it worried me as its the 1st time apeared this way with her x

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Jun 25 2013, 10:31

I did have a feeling you may have an issue with jealousy as i made a comment about it on your video post below a few days ago:

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t39581-lilly-and-ken-s-introduction-part

It looks like Kennys body language is all OK though so you shouldn't have any big dramas, hopefully.

Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria90 Tue Jun 25 2013, 11:42

Aww great to hear things are going well! Sounds like a little sister typically annoying her big brother haha, too sweet!
Maria90
Maria90

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months (09.01.2013)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 453

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25 2013, 15:02

Kathy wrote:I did have a feeling you may have an issue with jealousy as i made a comment about it on your video post below a few days ago:

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t39581-lilly-and-ken-s-introduction-part

It looks like Kennys body language is all OK though so you shouldn't have any big dramas, hopefully.

Thanks Kathy, which is the best way to deal with jealousy? (Molly was sat in the arm chair). We've sat in the garden with the two of them, Ken was ok, just kept stealing her toy. Even tho he had various toys of his own. x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25 2013, 15:53

Great to hear things are going well, sounds like Kenny is a perfect role model for his little sis.Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down