Do you believe that Dog's have a sixth sense?

+3
uwoody
janey
KarrieBabe+Torrez
7 posters

Go down

Do you believe that Dog's have a sixth sense? Empty Do you believe that Dog's have a sixth sense?

Post by KarrieBabe+Torrez Sun Jun 23 2013, 14:09

I have a back condition, which caused alot of discomfort every day, when I am really bad Torrez is alway's beside me, always following me, sometime's it is as if he know's. He will lie in his bed and just watch me, or he will be up giving me cuddles. I believe that dog's have a sixth sense. But what do other people think? xx
KarrieBabe+Torrez
KarrieBabe+Torrez
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Torrez
Dog(s) Ages : I am 5yrs old now, but I act like a young pup
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Do you believe that Dog's have a sixth sense? Empty Re: Do you believe that Dog's have a sixth sense?

Post by janey Sun Jun 23 2013, 14:10

I certainly think they know when we are ill, or just of colour Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Do you believe that Dog's have a sixth sense? Empty Re: Do you believe that Dog's have a sixth sense?

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23 2013, 14:16

Darcy never leaves my side on bad days, I agree with janey Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23 2013, 16:01

I agree, I suffer with clinical Depression and am up and down.Vinnie definitely knows when its a down day as he doesn't leave my side, so yes I think they have.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23 2013, 16:06

I think so. Dempsey sometimes acts confused and tries to play-bite when I'm upset, which is probably his way of trying to cheer me up. Other times he'll stay away from me until I'm feeling better, but he definitely seems to know something's up.

Back to top Go down

Post by uwoody Sun Jun 23 2013, 16:07

I certainly agree that dogs can sense your moods and when you're feeling off colour. However, read a book called Endal, about a dog that helped transform a disabled persons life, and you really will begin to think dogs have a sixth sense. Amazing dog.

woody
uwoody
uwoody
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sophie (Collie X) and Boris (staffie x Border terrier)
Dog(s) Ages : 1 and a bit! and 3 years
Dog Gender(s) : Female (collie x) male (staffie cross)
Support total : 3

http://www.woodyspembs.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23 2013, 16:10

Definitely if they can be trained to detect illness in people, they can do alsorts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23 2013, 16:21

most definitely something , my old BC we were really worried about him jumping up (as he did this a lot) when me mam came out of hospital after having a hysterectomy , we put him on a lead and allowed him to approach when she came in the gate coming home and he just licked her hand and never left her side for weeks apart from feeding and walks

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Jun 23 2013, 18:30

Most certainly a sixth, seventh and eighth too probably, Rocky certainly knows when i feel ill, and he will not leave my hubby side when his leg is bad.

They have detected when people have various cancers so I've heard, amazing creatures.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenc Sun Jun 23 2013, 21:04

My mother-in-law had her 2nd stoke before Christmas, when I take Katy round she's gentler than normal(not her usual bulldozer self) she does jump up on mum's leg but continuously licks her limp hand, so yes I think they do know Smile

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Do you believe that Dog's have a sixth sense? B110
Jenc
Jenc
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria90 Mon Jun 24 2013, 11:17

I definitely agree, a while back my hand went through a window and I had to have stitches, my mums dog was there when it happened, when I got back from the hospital, he sat on the lounge next to me and rested his head on my arm near the bandage for hours, and mums dog never sits with me haha!
Maria90
Maria90

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months (09.01.2013)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 453

Back to top Go down

Post by CaraElizabeth Wed Jun 26 2013, 19:26

They can def sense when you are sick or even if you are just having a bad day!

Kathy wrote:Most certainly a sixth, seventh and eighth too probably, Rocky certainly knows when i feel ill, and he will not leave my hubby side when his leg is bad.

They have detected when people have various cancers so I've heard, amazing creatures.

I agree!!!!
CaraElizabeth
CaraElizabeth

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Gwen
Dog(s) Ages : 12/22/2012
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26 2013, 20:18

I agree that dogs have a 6th sense....I read a story once where a pooch kept nudging and sniffing its owners breast and the owner belived it was trying to tell her something, after x-rays and tests it all came back negative then a few months on the pooch was doing it again...turns out she had breast cancer and the dog caught it really early!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down