Sense of humour

5 posters

Go down

Sense of humour Empty Sense of humour

Post by durbster Mon Dec 17 2012, 15:23

I'm very cautious about applying human characteristics to dogs and when researching staffies before we got Mia I scoffed at statements saying that Staffies have a "good sense of humour". I couldn't think how a dog could possibly have a sense of humour. Of course they do funny things and Mia's had us in tears of laughter many times but I'm wary about attributing that to her comic abilities.

However, the other night I went to put her the car. I opened the passenger door and she jumped up onto the back seat as normal. I closed the passenger door, turned to walk round to the driver's side only to see her trotting round the car towards me.

I was a bit puzzled, told her to get in the car again and she jumped onto the back seat. I closed the door, turned to walk round the car and there she was again; looking at me, head tilted.

I'd left the driver's door open and she was simply legging it out the other side of the car to run round the car.

This began a merry dance where I'd close one door and she'd run out the other, or jump into the front when I thought she was in the back etc. I realise you probably had to be there™️ but something about her timing meant I was laughing my head off.

I don't think it was simply that she didn't want to be in the car because she was waiting for me to think she was in the right place before she'd move and was quite happy to jump back in the car. She'd just been to the toilet and it was the usual time to go home, so I can't think of any logical reason for doing it other than to wind me up. >Smile

So what funny things has your Staffy done? Do they really have a sense of humour?
durbster
durbster
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Sense of humour Empty Re: Sense of humour

Post by Guest Mon Dec 17 2012, 15:27

I think they have a sense of humour. Obviously they don't plan jokes etc the way humans do, but they enjpy a good fun game, and I think they like to make their owners laugh!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 17 2012, 15:35

Yeah she was playing with you! Laughing . Sometimes if I'm taking Lily out and I go to put her halti on she will waddle off in the other direction, she does it 3 times each way before I can get a hold of her! They make you laugh and Lily can count!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan330 Mon Dec 17 2012, 15:59

Monty pretends he wants thwe toilet and sits by the door until I get off the sofa. As soon as I open the door he legs it back to the living room and steals my seat!
Dan330
Dan330
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Monty
Dog(s) Ages : 9 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Dec 17 2012, 17:42

Laughing I love there quirks!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 17 2012, 19:15

I think they do have a sense of humour in that sense. They don't plan pranks or anything I'm sure, but they know what they think is fun and makes them happy, and they do love being weird Laughing

I remember a picture I took of Loki the first time we took him to the field, and he was an absolute devil, and the picture is of him with this mischievous grin on his face, and ever since then I decided that yes, they do these things on purpose. The funniest thing is that he puts one paw on the rug or the fireplace or something that he knows he isn't allowed on. He looks at you...and then puts ONE paw slightly on it. My old Boxer used to do it, so I'm glad Loki's picked up on this Big Grin makes me laugh, the things they do when they know they're not meant to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Mon Dec 17 2012, 19:53

They are funny things ! They bob along n mill about with their daily happenings creating chaos and memories for us, love them x
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Dec 17 2012, 20:25

I think they like to hear us laugh, may be it's just the different sound we make, I dont know.

Rocky makes us laugh all the time and loves to hear us do that.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down