Do you think they have a 'sixth sence'?

+4
spuker1
Polly Pocket
janey
Lisa & Kuta
8 posters

Go down

Do you think they have a 'sixth sence'? Empty Do you think they have a 'sixth sence'?

Post by Lisa & Kuta Fri Jun 24 2011, 05:34

So, I am almost 36 weeks pregnant with our first child and I have no idea what to expect in the coming weeks. Do you think dogs have a sixth sence about these things and can tell when it is 'time' so to speek?
They have both been very gentle around me lately and I am loving all of the extra cuddles. I am just wondering if this coz of my expanding waistline and if they are aware of what is coming.
Did anyone notice any changes in their dogs when they or their partners were expecting?
Lisa & Kuta
Lisa & Kuta
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kuta & Brutus
Dog Gender(s) : both Males
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Do you think they have a 'sixth sence'? Empty Re: Do you think they have a 'sixth sence'?

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24 2011, 08:33

sorry i had my babies so many years ago and we have only just got billy so i cannot help, but i think they may have, as you are changing and they will sense that.

congratualtions not long now, do you know what you are having, and have you got any names, and dont forget a million pics

thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Do you think they have a 'sixth sence'? Empty Re: Do you think they have a 'sixth sence'?

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24 2011, 08:49

Can't speak to the baby question but Suki is a good indicator for earthqueakes. I do believe that all animals have a sixth sense for illnesses and natural disators though.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Jun 24 2011, 10:31

Congratulations, that means your due any day!! I bet they can tell, dogs are very intuative (sp). Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24 2011, 10:37

When I was pregnant with my son, Bandit became very gentle with me, although just the same sort of rough house with my oh, same again when I was having my daughter.

I've always believed that dogs are very sensitive to changes in body chemistry (hense the fact that they are used nowadays to detect diabetic problems & some are even being trained to detect certain camcers) and you can't get stronger changes than pregnancy!

Any idea if the baby's a boy or a girl? Or don't you care?

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly Pocket Fri Jun 24 2011, 18:20

When I was pregnant with our first baby, our dog at that time was a lab x and he used to lay with his head on my lap and his ear on my stomach, as I got bigger he would watch the babies movements and his head would go from side to side. He also used to push his head hard against my bump and as the baby kicked him he would jump and wag his tail like mad and then push back again, the more the baby kicked the harder he pushed, I think they both enjoyed that game Big Grin
After she was born we bought her home and put her on a rug in the middle of the living room floor and Snoopy went over to her and sniffed all over and then licked the very top of her head and after that he was so protective of her. It was like she was his baby and he was always wherever she was Laughing
Polly Pocket
Polly Pocket
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Polly, Charlie
Dog(s) Ages : 30/1/11 & 15/2/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female & Male
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Jun 24 2011, 18:26

Smile thats so sweet Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by spuker1 Fri Jun 24 2011, 23:40

Polly Pocket wrote:When I was pregnant with our first baby, our dog at that time was a lab x and he used to lay with his head on my lap and his ear on my stomach, as I got bigger he would watch the babies movements and his head would go from side to side. He also used to push his head hard against my bump and as the baby kicked him he would jump and wag his tail like mad and then push back again, the more the baby kicked the harder he pushed, I think they both enjoyed that game Big Grin
After she was born we bought her home and put her on a rug in the middle of the living room floor and Snoopy went over to her and sniffed all over and then licked the very top of her head and after that he was so protective of her. It was like she was his baby and he was always wherever she was Laughing

that's amazing! you were very lucky with your lab, he must have been a lovely dog! Love Struck
spuker1
spuker1
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Do you think they have a 'sixth sence'? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mambo
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 2

http://tsphotography.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa & Kuta Sat Jun 25 2011, 00:01

Tina, that is so sweet Love Struck
For those who asked, we are having a boy and his name will be Jaxon Patrick Big Grin
Lisa & Kuta
Lisa & Kuta

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sat Jun 25 2011, 00:02

I had a lab cross when I was having babies she loved them kids so much like mother hen she thought they were hers Love Struck She was so clever I beleive with there sence of smell so strong they know everything thats going on around them Smile Hope all goes well for you and cant wait to see your little bundle good luck Wink
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by cowboydave Mon Jun 27 2011, 01:03

I have been told from different people at times that all dogs can pick up on our feelings. I don't know anything about having babies as I am a man but woman do glow and seem to be much happier when they are pregnant so I would think that your dogs can pick up on it.

I know that I have a friend and he does not like dogs all that much he is not mean to them but everytime there is a dog around they always are drawn to him, he never pats them or gives them any attention and I told him it was becasue they know he does not like them. But I am not a sceintist that is for sure Big Grin
cowboydave
cowboydave

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Stanley

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27 2011, 01:05

Lisa & Kuta wrote:Tina, that is so sweet Love Struck
For those who asked, we are having a boy and his name will be Jaxon Patrick Big Grin

Nice name! Is it actually Jaxon or Jason?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa & Kuta Mon Jun 27 2011, 04:17

Caryll wrote:

Ha ha, no it is Jaxon. It is just a different way of spelling 'Jackson' Big Grin
Lisa & Kuta
Lisa & Kuta

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ardvark Thu Jun 30 2011, 18:49

I def think so. Our old staff wasn't a real follower around the house like Milo is but as the onset of labour drew closer he began getting very attatched to me (more dh's dog than 'mine' iykwim?) I had a JRT at the time and he never cottoned on lol!!

We were told by my Auntie an Old English breeder to bring home baby garments and put it in their shared bed before we were discharged, so they already had smelt and become familiar with the baby - makes sense I figure! My dh went further and brought home pooed and wee'd on bits (my husband made a bad job of the first nappy change, she had 3 sets of clothes 1 after the other before the nappy was change was completed lol!!)

The second was a booked section but he did the very same thing for no. 3 and it alerted me the time was near ;0) good luck xx
ardvark
ardvark
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Do you think they have a 'sixth sence'? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Milo
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30 2011, 21:49

Lisa & Kuta wrote:
Caryll wrote:

Ha ha, no it is Jaxon. It is just a different way of spelling 'Jackson' Big Grin

I like it!

Back to top Go down

Post by dkay72 Thu Jun 30 2011, 22:04

this has nothing to do with being pregnant but my last dog everytime he was photographed orbs would appear around him and one day sat in the pub i showed my friend and he said thers a face in that orb .. so i zoomed and was very scared cus there were 2 faces clear as day, a little girl an a man in a shirt and tye, so i took them to a proffesional who zoomed them up and then a phycic got involved and she couldnt believe how clear the faces were ... in the end the girl was my dogs spiritual guide all kids and animals have one until a certain age then they go, and the man in the suite has allways lived in my dads house wondering up and down the stairs, i never ever told my dad about this happning in his house cus he had dementia ect didnt wanna worry him until one night he looked at me and said as calm as you like...... a man in a suit has just walked into the kitchen.........and then it was time for me to leave bbbrrrrrr goose bumps ..true story sorry for rambling on lololo
dkay72
dkay72

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : rocky
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down