Lexi is getting nippy

3 posters

Go down

Lexi is getting nippy Empty Lexi is getting nippy

Post by Guest Tue Jun 04 2013, 20:18

Think i have been wrestling lexi too much lately, she is getting very nippy! She only nips during play but shes getting used to play and getting too excited when i start it lol have to go back to no playing. naughty pup!

Back to top Go down

Lexi is getting nippy Empty Re: Lexi is getting nippy

Post by Guest Tue Jun 04 2013, 20:19

Hayley wrote:Think i have been wrestling lexi too much lately, she is getting very nippy! She only nips during play but shes getting used to play and getting too excited when i start it lol have to go back to no playing. naughty pup!

A good firm no and turn your back is what you need to do Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 04 2013, 20:22

Nah, she runs around me and then jumps on me again lol

She stops when i tell her, just can't help herself when shes being rolled about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Tue Jun 04 2013, 21:04

Getting over excited! Laughing
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 04 2013, 22:58

we allow biting in play so not much help Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 04 2013, 23:13

Darcy can be a bit bitey when were playing, I just stop until she does then we continue play Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 04 2013, 23:43

Do you know, I have found great comfort in this post. If Hayley and Ella, with all their knowledge and experience, are getting tooth interaction when playing with their dogs, then maybe - just maybe - I'm not being quite such as a bad Staffy mummy as I thought I was. Cos, yes Kuchar plays with his teeth as well!

He doesn't exactly nip - he doesn't close his teeth together on my flesh - but his teeth are there and sometimes hurt, although unintentionally of that I'm sure. I spent ages with him when he was a little puppy teaching him bite inhibition (as I did with my previous puppies) and I suppose it must have worked because he doesn't munch on me (or anyone else) but when he gets excited, which let's face it is 99% of the time he is not actually asleep, he will play open-mouthed.

I'm so glad to know I'm not alone with this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 05 2013, 02:06

Lynda wrote:Do you know, I have found great comfort in this post. If Hayley and Ella, with all their knowledge and experience, are getting tooth interaction when playing with their dogs, then maybe - just maybe - I'm not being quite such as a bad Staffy mummy as I thought I was. Cos, yes Kuchar plays with his teeth as well!

He doesn't exactly nip - he doesn't close his teeth together on my flesh - but his teeth are there and sometimes hurt, although unintentionally of that I'm sure. I spent ages with him when he was a little puppy teaching him bite inhibition (as I did with my previous puppies) and I suppose it must have worked because he doesn't munch on me (or anyone else) but when he gets excited, which let's face it is 99% of the time he is not actually asleep, he will play open-mouthed.

i think it's a very personal thing whether you allow play biting or not

I'm happy for the boys to play bite whilst in play but must stop when told to, and then i bite them back Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Wed Jun 05 2013, 05:12

ella wrote:
Lynda wrote:Do you know, I have found great comfort in this post. If Hayley and Ella, with all their knowledge and experience, are getting tooth interaction when playing with their dogs, then maybe - just maybe - I'm not being quite such as a bad Staffy mummy as I thought I was. Cos, yes Kuchar plays with his teeth as well!

I'm happy for the boys to play bite whilst in play but must stop when told to, and then i bite them back Wink

I thought I was the only one that bit my dogs! Laughing I only let them do it with me and never the kids.
Ben
Ben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 05 2013, 08:47

ella wrote:we allow biting in play so not much help Big Grin

I dont mind play mouthing, but she actually nips with the front of her teeth its really sore lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 05 2013, 12:29

Hayley wrote:
ella wrote:we allow biting in play so not much help Big Grin

I dont mind play mouthing, but she actually nips with the front of her teeth its really sore lol

The boys nip with their front teeth to but I think I'm used to it haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 05 2013, 12:30

Ben wrote:
ella wrote:

I thought I was the only one that bit my dogs! Laughing I only let them do it with me and never the kids.

Haha no I bite the boys Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 05 2013, 13:53

Im very sensitive lol i hate annoying nippy pain. If she pull on sticks my arm in her gub and rolls about thats fine, but nips are just the worst! They are akin to pulling out nose hairs.

She is good, she will stop when i say but she likes doing it lol its like nuzzling.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 05 2013, 16:31

haha wimp Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by pag Wed Jun 05 2013, 17:14

Molly can nip on occasion, but she is told to calm down and play gently and she does that eye closing thing they do when they are being told about something, so she knows she is being checked for it. But they we hug her and carry on playing and she is ok. She mouths our hand etc but there is never any pressure.. she does that then licks you.. Big Grin
pag
pag

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : bitch
Support total : 102

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content