Strange colour

4 posters

Go down

Strange colour  Empty Strange colour

Post by jackc92 Thu May 30 2013, 14:45

Was just flicking through the for sales on [deleted website name] just to have a look and came across this colour ive never seen it before and think it is possibly when of the nicest marked staffies ive ever seen. what are peoples thoughts ?

Strange colour  F16BE13A-5792-420E-A030-CF5D4E41F972-60048-00001ACF2D26EB78_zps36cb4391

Strange colour  C225ADF2-27B4-4BDE-B834-FA2C53021852-60048-00001ACF31EE97C3_zpsbd0bf5bd

Strange colour  81AB8A08-B16E-4A09-A087-4E3A85B2F784-60048-00001ACF3629D330_zps59b5e03c

Strange colour  B51B1478-66A3-4FEC-A8DA-D77A8D7C076E-60048-00001ACF3B956CDE_zps7adc9aaf

Last edited by Hayley on Thu May 30 2013, 16:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Deleted website name, we don't promote it!)
jackc92
jackc92
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sheen,Ivy
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male ,Female
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Strange colour  Empty Re: Strange colour

Post by Gazagem Thu May 30 2013, 14:50

It looks like blue merl (sorry for spelling) looks good but I dont think they could register them as kc
Gazagem
Gazagem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 30 2013, 14:54

They're merles. It's an unnatural colour in staffies and can cause severe health defects. It also has the dilute of blue in it, which further increases the risk. Skin, sight, hearing, immune and neurological health defects are extremely common in merles.

The eyes in particular can be affected and it isn't limited to poor vision. The eyes are often deformed and it can be quite painful for the dog.

The KC doesn't accept merle staffies anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 30 2013, 14:57

If the breeder/seller of these dogs is claiming them to be KC registered or listing them as any colour other than merle, they should be reported.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazagem Thu May 30 2013, 15:03

I just had a look at the listing both mum and dad are kc reg and the pups are being sold as blue and unusual colours it doesn't say the pups are reg
Gazagem
Gazagem

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 30 2013, 15:06

The parents could be registered, as the registration of merle pups was only banned recently. However, those are definitely not blues and should not be sold as such.

As for the 'unusual' colour, I'm betting they're on sale for quite a lot of money? If they are, it's an absolute disgrace. These people are clearly trying to sell dogs who could have severe health defects, passing them off as a rare colour.

Good for you for spotting them. There are some really irresponsible and selfish people out there. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazagem Thu May 30 2013, 15:08

The blues are £500 and the unusual colour £350

And only one of the pups looks blue

The listing doesn't say what colour the male is so you could end up with a very poorly pup
Gazagem
Gazagem

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 30 2013, 15:12

Fair enough, 500 is the average price for a staffy. I wouldn't charge that much for a non-kc registered dog though.

It's still deception though. Potential buyers probably won't know about the health risks associated with merles. I doubt the dogs have been health tested either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 30 2013, 15:30

That are an unusual colour as Eleanor says they are merle, and cannot be kc registered £500 is a lot for an unregistered puppy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 30 2013, 15:51

Merles.

The pups can't be registered, except the blue, but I'd be interested to see what colour both parents are - did it say?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 30 2013, 16:01

jackc92 wrote:Was just flicking through the for sales on [deleted website name] just to have a look and came across this colour ive never seen it before and think it is possibly when of the nicest marked staffies ive ever seen. what are peoples thoughts ?

I really hate seeing merle staffords, especially when they are from two merle parents!

One, the merle colour pattern shouldn't be in the stafford - it's been introduced by cross breeding somewhere in the pedigree & two, breeding two merles causes terrible health problems, including malformed eyes/blindness, deafness, organ failure & skin problems. Many merle pups from two merle parents don't survive to see their 2nd birthday. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 30 2013, 16:52

I'm not a fan of them. I'm not a snob but i don't like going outside of the standards for staffie colours. I would also never buy from a site like that, they are all back yard breeders.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoogie Fri May 31 2013, 08:22

Never heard of or saw a staffie like that in my life.

Definitely wouldn't want a dog that looked like that, to be honest, i personally think they are ugly.

you sure there isn't some blue heeler in there?

Zoogie
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 31 2013, 10:14

Zoogie, it's definitely a staffy. Smile Just a merle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri May 31 2013, 10:18

What a lovely face Love Struck ... but no, not for me I'm afraid, there's a few points I'm not keen on including the width of the chest for a staffy thinking
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 31 2013, 12:41

Zoogie wrote:Never heard of or saw a staffie like that in my life.

Definitely wouldn't want a dog that looked like that, to be honest, i personally think they are ugly.

you sure there isn't some blue heeler in there?

There will almost certainly be an underhand cross with either a merle collie or a merle great dane somewhere in the background, or even something like a merle corgi or dachshund!

Whatever it's crossed with, it shouldn't have been! angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down