In season female and neutered male?

+2
StuW
Jackieb
6 posters

Go down

In season female and neutered male? Empty In season female and neutered male?

Post by canthavethat Tue May 21 2013, 12:31

Bailey is in her first season. Not quite ripe yet, but when she is, should I keep Rocky away from her even though he is neutered? If I let them get together, will it make her feel less desperate? Or would I be putting her at unnecessary risk of infection? Would it also increase the risk of phantom pregnancy, or is this not a factor? New to this, all advice welcome, thanks!
canthavethat
canthavethat
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky, Bailey
Dog(s) Ages : March 2011, Feb 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male, female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

In season female and neutered male? Empty Re: In season female and neutered male?

Post by StuW Tue May 21 2013, 12:33

My bitch has just came into season aswell and I have an unneutered male Smile so defo have my work cut out! I'd keep Rocky away regardless of being neutered or not Smile!
StuW
StuW
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bailey, Sierra
Dog(s) Ages : 8th Sep 2011, 12th Sept 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 154

Back to top Go down

In season female and neutered male? Empty Re: In season female and neutered male?

Post by Jackieb Tue May 21 2013, 12:35

Keep them apart - they can still 'mate' and 'tie' even tho ur lad is neutered.
Best to avoid an unnecessary going on.

Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by canthavethat Tue May 21 2013, 13:41

StuW wrote:My bitch has just came into season aswell and I have an unneutered male Smile so defo have my work cut out! I'd keep Rocky away regardless of being neutered or not Smile!
OMG good luck with that Laughing
canthavethat
canthavethat

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 21 2013, 14:22

I'd keep them apart but only because it's a pain otherwise!

Back to top Go down

Post by StuW Tue May 21 2013, 15:26

canthavethat wrote:
StuW wrote:My bitch has just came into season aswell and I have an unneutered male Smile so defo have my work cut out! I'd keep Rocky away regardless of being neutered or not Smile!

She's been in season for the past 2-3 days and so far Baileys not shown much interest thank god Laughing watching them like a hawk though haha Laughing
StuW
StuW

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bailey, Sierra
Dog(s) Ages : 8th Sep 2011, 12th Sept 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by canthavethat Tue May 21 2013, 17:20

StuW wrote:
canthavethat wrote:

She's been in season for the past 2-3 days and so far Baileys not shown much interest thank god Laughing watching them like a hawk though haha Laughing
It's the second week you have to worry about, they will both be gagging, believe me you really will have your work cut out Big Grin
canthavethat
canthavethat

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by canthavethat Sun Jun 02 2013, 17:34

Well what a lot of fun this has turned out to be (not). Rocky's testicles being removed (at 10 months) certainly didn't remove his hormones. He is running round with a crazed look in his eyes and his nose stuck to Bailey's rear end. If she stops he is on her and then she yelps or growls and tries to bite him. I have to keep them separated as much as possible.

Poor Bailey has been bleeding for 2 weeks so far, looks thoroughly miserable and confused, and spends most of her time running away from Rocky or running away from me trying to put her Mikki pants on. I have promised her that she will never have to go through this again.

In fact, considering the mess, hassle and stupid o'clock walks, none of us ever want to go through it again! Surprised
canthavethat
canthavethat

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 02 2013, 19:56

Oh, dear, not long to go now. One more week & she'll be over it & things can get back to normal again!

Back to top Go down

Post by cesca1 Sun Jun 02 2013, 20:25

We went through this lol our neutered male certainly gave his best efforts to mate despite his lack of equipment haha!

Good luck!! Smile
cesca1
cesca1

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog(s) Ages : 20.04.12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 02 2013, 20:27

Oh, the equipment's still there, it's just the firing pin that's missing! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 02 2013, 20:27

Oh poor Rocky and Bailey, it must be nightmare.

I never knew that a castrated dog could still mate - what a revelation. We learn something new every day Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by cesca1 Sun Jun 02 2013, 21:08

We learnt the hard way Sad They were only alone for 5 mins, after that they were separated if we weren't with them, I too didn't realise that they could tie (even phoned our vets as was rather worried at the time). Icky!
cesca1
cesca1

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog(s) Ages : 20.04.12
Support total : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 02 2013, 22:37

This has gobsmacked me, frankly. I mean, we all grew up with the knowledge of eunuchs being in harems because they couldn't - you know - interfere with the king's (or whatever) property, but now it seems .....

Not worried about the harems, but I honestly in all my long years it never crossed my mind that a castrated male of any animal could still do the evil deed, or even want to (more to the point).

It just shows how old you can get and still be innocent and ignorant - I need to lie down in a quiet dark place now to get over the shock I dont want to s

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 02 2013, 23:44

canthavethat wrote:Well what a lot of fun this has turned out to be (not). Rocky's testicles being removed (at 10 months) certainly didn't remove his hormones. He is running round with a crazed look in his eyes and his nose stuck to Bailey's rear end. If she stops he is on her and then she yelps or growls and tries to bite him. I have to keep them separated as much as possible.

Poor Bailey has been bleeding for 2 weeks so far, looks thoroughly miserable and confused, and spends most of her time running away from Rocky or running away from me trying to put her Mikki pants on. I have promised her that she will never have to go through this again.

In fact, considering the mess, hassle and stupid o'clock walks, none of us ever want to go through it again! Surprised
OMG, and vets promote neutering!! I thought the "sexy feeling" would disapear Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Mon Jun 03 2013, 06:43

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor The visuals that this conversation are giving me have me in stitches!

This will probably be the most ignorant question ever...BUT why not let them go for it??? batting eyelashes
Peachy
Peachy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bella
Dog(s) Ages : DOB 26.03.13
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Mon Jun 03 2013, 22:01

Lynda wrote:This has gobsmacked me, frankly. I mean, we all grew up with the knowledge of eunuchs being in harems because they couldn't - you know - interfere with the king's (or whatever) property, but now it seems .....

Not worried about the harems, but I honestly in all my long years it never crossed my mind that a castrated male of any animal could still do the evil deed, or even want to (more to the point).

It just shows how old you can get and still be innocent and ignorant - I need to lie down in a quiet dark place now to get over the shock I dont want to s

the thing being is that when they castrate humans they took the berries AND twig, dogs get to keep the second half Laughing
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 03 2013, 22:20

OMG Taryn, did they? Sheesh.

Even so, I'm still surprised that the twig still works, albeit without the firing pin. As I said, you're never too old to learn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Mon Jun 03 2013, 22:29

Lynda wrote:OMG Taryn, did they? Sheesh.

Even so, I'm still surprised that the twig still works, albeit without the firing pin. As I said, you're never too old to learn.

yeah, they did. they where normally left with just a hole to pee from. sorry to disturb you guys Big Grin
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 03 2013, 23:55

Crikey. Poor blokes.

WELL - at least that doesn't happen to our dogs, cats, horses, and hopefully not to humans these days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down