Does your Staffy love all human beings, even if he's never met them before?

+16
durbster
Rupertsbooks
Ben
cesca1
Pollyanna
Griffin5
danielirl
Sazzle
Annie and Maxi
Oswald
Kathy
stella
Kell
DragonTheStaffie
sonics family
janey
20 posters

Go down

Does your Staffy love all human beings, even if he's never met them before?  Empty Does your Staffy love all human beings, even if he's never met them before?

Post by Rupertsbooks Wed May 08 2013, 22:59

I was in the park earlier and someone wanted to pet Rupert and he was all over her within seconds, adoring every second. He is like this with everyone who shows him even the slightest bit of affection. I think he likes being stroked and petted even more than he likes his food, if that's possible. Anyway, the woman petting him today said that she'd never met a dog who was instantly affectionate with people other than their owner. Rupert loves everyone to the point I worry sometimes that someone might take advantage of him, or just take him. Are Staffies like this generally or is it just Rupert? p.s. I love this about him.
Rupertsbooks
Rupertsbooks
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rupert
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 92

Back to top Go down

Does your Staffy love all human beings, even if he's never met them before?  Empty Re: Does your Staffy love all human beings, even if he's never met them before?

Post by Guest Wed May 08 2013, 23:02

Yep Harvey loves everyone and everything and acts like he's not seen them for years!

Back to top Go down

Does your Staffy love all human beings, even if he's never met them before?  Empty Re: Does your Staffy love all human beings, even if he's never met them before?

Post by Guest Wed May 08 2013, 23:07

Blue prefares to get to know people first but I think loving everyone they meet is an excellent quality

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed May 08 2013, 23:07

Moo adores everyone and is very fussed, we still have to practice 'no jumping' as she can get kinda excited Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by sonics family Wed May 08 2013, 23:43

Sonic loves everybody.....and everything, which has led to a few scratches from cats and a kick from the rabbit...oops!
sonics family
sonics family
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sonic
Dog(s) Ages : 26.06.2012
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonTheStaffie Thu May 09 2013, 00:29

Yea, my boy loves everyone, if we walking him and a person walks past him he will walk next to them till they stroke him... Some people get scared because he's a staffy and "staffs are dangerous" but most people jus stroke him and he rolls around and gets on his back so they can rub his belly Laughing
DragonTheStaffie
DragonTheStaffie

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Dragon
Dog(s) Ages : DOB - 25-12-2010
Support total : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 09 2013, 00:45

Yep.. Steff thinks everyone is her friend Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Kell Thu May 09 2013, 02:35

Yep ... Chiquito thinks the whole world and everything in it was made for his own personal enjoyment. That includes any person who visits, walks past us or happens to be in their front yards when we are walking ... he HAS to stop and look at all of them, wagging his tail ... he even sulks and walks off with his ears down if they don't leave what they are doing and come pat him Laughing
Kell
Kell

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Chiquito and Sheba
Dog(s) Ages : 21/01/2013 and 13/05/2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 304

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 09 2013, 06:00

Same with mine - they have no notion of "Stranger danger" Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 09 2013, 06:19

Yep darcy loves everyone and think everyone is here just to see her Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 09 2013, 07:38

Alfie is the same :-) he loves everyone!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 09 2013, 08:04

Yep, Staffs are generally like that, Loki is the same. Everyone he sees is his best friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Thu May 09 2013, 08:06

sash is the same she loves every one,had a really weird thing with her one day when out,there was an elderly couple standing just ahead of us and she was pulling to get to them,tail wagging tail so much i thought it could fly off!any ways when she got to them the lady made a big fuss of her and said to her hubby,'she's just like our old girl',she then told me that her staffy had died last year!spooky!
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 09 2013, 08:57

Yep Shéara thinks everyones his best friend! He wouldnt think twice about walking off with someone else as long as he's getting attention, silly pup.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 09 2013, 09:03

Suki likes most everyone. On occasion she can sense that someone isn't a dog person and will stay away

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu May 09 2013, 09:38

Rocky thinks that everyone is his best friend too, I think it's just a Staffy trait to love people, all people that is.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 09 2013, 11:24

Yessss ebony is exactly the same Laughing she loves it even more when people are walking upto her with carrier bags! She'll do a funny dance and wiggle her booty as if it's full of food for her Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Oswald Thu May 09 2013, 11:25

Yep Oswald just adores people!! He does that excited shaking bum wiggle every single time!!
Oswald
Oswald
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Does your Staffy love all human beings, even if he's never met them before?  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Oswald
Dog(s) Ages : 31/10/12
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie and Maxi Thu May 09 2013, 12:03

Most Staffys I have met are like that, Maxi is not though and she seems to always be a little concerned about new people at first.
Annie and Maxi
Annie and Maxi
Does your Staffy love all human beings, even if he's never met them before?  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Maxi
Dog(s) Ages : 8
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Thu May 09 2013, 13:05

Yep Daisy loves everyone...traitor! Laughing
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by danielirl Thu May 09 2013, 13:22

my max like people but he don't stay to touch him he is a little suspicious Big Grin is a good think?
danielirl
danielirl

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : max
Dog(s) Ages : 11 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffin5 Thu May 09 2013, 13:27

Charlie will pull towards everyone thinking he knows them all, he gives them a backward glance if they walk right passed as if wondering why they didn't stroke him!! Smile When he spots my friend at the park I can't hold him back, he gets super excited, I'll not be able to hold him when he's an adult!
Griffin5
Griffin5

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Charlie
Dog(s) Ages : 1yr 2mnths
Support total : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollyanna Thu May 09 2013, 16:19

"sash is the same she loves every one,had a really weird thing with her one day when out,there was an elderly couple standing just ahead of us and she was pulling to get to them,tail wagging tail so much i thought it could fly off!any ways when she got to them the lady made a big fuss of her and said to her hubby,'she's just like our old girl',she then told me that her staffy had died last year!spooky!"

I know just what you mean Stella, Lily has done this on more than one occasion and every time there is a tale to tell about a previously owned Staffy - I think they just know. Wink

Pollyanna
Pollyanna

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Lily
Dog(s) Ages : 2?
Dog Gender(s) : Girlie
Support total : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by cesca1 Thu May 09 2013, 16:34

Moll loves to meet and greet (her version is jumping up...a work in progress!)

The only time she had reservations it made me have major ones too! The guy was drunk and Moll clearly wanted him as far away as possible, tail between her legs and heckles raised.

I think dogs are good judges of character!
cesca1
cesca1

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog(s) Ages : 20.04.12
Support total : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Thu May 09 2013, 18:01

Monte thinks everybody is his long lost best friend. Frosty is a bit more reserved but will say hi and then leave strangers be. Pigglette is a bit of a shy gal and prefers her own people. They are all different!
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Rupertsbooks Thu May 09 2013, 18:46

These made me laugh: "Meet and greet", "Long lost friend". I'm not sure Rupert wants to do anything with Rabbits except for chase and eat them. It's amazing this characteristic. I wonder if this was bred into the breed and where it came from. Rupert is a keen fan of the "wiggle bum" manoeuvre and he is overjoyed if anyone ever comes to the flat. Is it possible that a dog can be "cheerful"? The only time he wasn't so happy was when some guy came up on the street to stroke him - he seemed a bit odd, literally two seconds later the police arrested him (no idea what for). Also - if anyone tries to get into the flat at night or unexpectedly (I don't know how he knows when it is unexpected as if my sister pops in unannounced - she has a key - he never growls or barks normally).

I can't count how many times a day he makes my day. angel

Rupertsbooks
Rupertsbooks

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by durbster Fri May 10 2013, 13:44

Mia's the same as most above; loves everyone stranger or not. I take her to work and the office is at the top of some stairs, and every single person gets a tail wagging greeting regardles whether she's seen them before.

The postman turned up while I had taken her outside and she ran all the way round the fence so she could go and say hello personally. He does usually bring biscuits though Smile

On the other hand, she has been known to leap out of her bed in the night, barking and howling. The first time she did it, the neighbour's security light was on and in my half-asleep state I'm pretty sure I heard the footsteps of somebody running away so she does seem to have some sense of danger.

We went on holiday recently and on the first night, whenever she heard somebody outside she'd leap onto the corner of our bed putting herself between us and the noise, and growl and gruff at them.

It was quite reassuring. Even though I sincerely doubt she'd do anything, the growl might offer something of a deterrent.
durbster
durbster
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 10 2013, 13:47

Logan is very gentle and good with all people and most animals. Has a couple of enemy dogs but that's it really Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by kelpie Fri May 10 2013, 21:16

Rolo is here to be adored.... he believes that is his mission in life. When he see's anyone... he strutt's if they look at him, he poses.... if they acknowledge him ... that begins the bending in half, frantic wiggle bum and tail lashing experience, normally accompanied by some kinda of weird noise that means "I love you.. whoever you are!"
kelpie
kelpie

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rolo
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 years old

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Fri May 10 2013, 21:24

Daisy does that, ears back, tail wagging, trying to look her cutest at every passer by!! Laughing
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 10 2013, 22:04

Yeah, frankly i would be worried about her if she wasn't! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by asa-james Fri May 10 2013, 22:13

looking at the answers i think your on your own with this! Laughing

Lola is exactly the same, friends for life with eye contact Big Grin
asa-james
asa-james

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Support total : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by Rupertsbooks Fri May 10 2013, 22:42

Are there any other breeds that are like this? And how/why did they breed affection into Staffies - or was it just a happy accident?
Rupertsbooks
Rupertsbooks

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by asa-james Fri May 10 2013, 22:44

from my understanding, Staff's were (way back when) working class fighting dogs, so they tended to live with the family in the house, so any sort of human aggression couldnt be tolerated (lots of kids, small houses etc) so its descended from that.

asa-james
asa-james

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Support total : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Sat May 11 2013, 10:05

Yep. Bacchus loves everyone. Will run past their dog to get to the owner. I have to be very careful when working in the garden to keep the gate closed or he will just go visit the neighbours. We live in a cul-de-sac and every other house has a dog so we are nearly all doggy people.
reuben
reuben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bacchus ( The Wee Man )
Dog(s) Ages : Born 18/07/12
Support total : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by ANGIEMARKYOUNG Sat May 11 2013, 15:31

Kell wrote:Yep ... . he even sulks and walks off with his ears down if they don't leave what they are doing and come pat him Laughing

Lol Jenson does this!!

He's not interested in other dogs its the people he loves .. other dogs come up to him and he walks straight past them upto the owners wanting a stroke and a belly rub!! Big Grin
ANGIEMARKYOUNG
ANGIEMARKYOUNG

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jenson
Dog(s) Ages : 8 mths
Support total : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Sat May 11 2013, 15:54

ANGIEMARKYOUNG wrote:
Kell wrote:Yep ... . he even sulks and walks off with his ears down if they don't leave what they are doing and come pat him Laughing

Lol Jenson does this!!

He's not interested in other dogs its the people he loves .. other dogs come up to him and he walks straight past them upto the owners wanting a stroke and a belly rub!! Big Grin

Sounds familiar Laughing
reuben
reuben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bacchus ( The Wee Man )
Dog(s) Ages : Born 18/07/12
Support total : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down